Why can't someone real start the Peng Challenge Thread?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

But no matter, for you see Flyspray somethign that passes for thought is not thought - but merely the local, inadequate, substitute.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh I get it, by local inadequate substitute you are no doubt referring to your immediate location.

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stixx:

Still, take my earlier advise. Shut your mouth!, you might need to block your nose too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ANOTHER OZZIE?? Yep, the same bad spelling and inane one-liners that we've come to expect from fellow Ozzie's Mace and Stuka. I'll cut Stuka some slack since he is still having trouble learning that bikes work better when the wheels are on the bottom.

But Mace is just despondent that Priscilla and the boys left for the desert without him after he put on his best outfit.

Where are Harriet and Little Ricky when we need them?

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: Lawyer ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

[not edited today because I am an Ãœber-spelling German]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooh, aah. The Germanboy can spell Ãœber, how impressive.

Now he will be sure to drive us all crazy as he uses his new word, Ãœber, in every sentence he posts.

"Why just yesterday, I had the most Ãœber day. It started with this Ãœber breakfast of Cheerios, orange juice, and toast. And at lunch, I went out to an Ãœber fast food restaraunt where an Ãœber waitress served me the most Ãœber hamburger you could imagine. Two all beef patties, Ãœber sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. After lunch I ran into an old friend and he asked how I was doing. Ãœber I told him..."

Oh please, please, shoot me now...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Hmmmm, can't spell (how many times have you seen "see" and "the" misspelled?), can't edit, what's the good of him I wonder?

You know, Mace, I believe that we have an anomoly on our hands. ...

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh for Pete's sake Xia, hasn't anyone ever taught you that it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and prove it.

anomaly

a. something which is anomalous

anomalous

a. self-contradictory; abnormal; out of harmony; irregular.

b. Joe Shaw

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

A quick message to all Twin Cities CMers! The Old Ones will be meeting next week in the Twin Cities. Myself, Peng, and Berli will meet to discuss many weighty subjects (in other words, none of you will be discussed). Soon, the world will be a better place.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet Geeezus, where's my shotgun?!

Pray tell, what day did you smelly ones want to get together, so to speak...? Dinner Dates are rapidly sucking up evenings this week so hurry up and set a night. So far... Tonight (Monday Oct 15th) is bad and it looks like Wednesday might be right out also.

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Seanachai:

A quick message to all Twin Cities CMers! The Old Ones will be meeting next week in the Twin Cities. Myself, Peng, and Berli will meet to discuss many weighty subjects (in other words, none of you will be discussed). Soon, the world will be a better place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pray tell, what day did you smelly ones want to get together, so to speak...? Dinner Dates are rapidly sucking up evenings this week so hurry up and set a night. So far... Tonight (Monday Oct 15th) is bad and it looks like Wednesday might be right out also.

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, where and when? I can probably find my way there.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jshandorf:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

***sigh*** I just cleaned the d@mn thing, Shandorf. But let me know where they are hiding and I’ll help you improve the planet.

Unless they are buying, in which case I’ll help them.

(yes, I can be bought, all bribes cheerfully accepted).

[For the MPLS CMers get together.]

Now I know sitting in a bar in downtown MPLS with a cold frosty in one hand and a lecherous eyeball on some short skirted girl sounds like fun and all but how about we arrange some CM TCP-IP play? I have 3 computers at my house with a network hub that has one more port available for say maybe a laptop. If you losers are going to be in town long enough we could maybe plan a evening of CM play.

Or I suppose we can just drink ourselves stupid in some pub downtown...I'm all for that too. My vote is for Brit's Pub but it can be quite busy... There is a pub on 1st Avenue called O'Donovans. It is relatively new and doesn't get too packed. They have Murphy's BTW.

Jeff

Yes Burlesque - I know most here strive to stop breathing - but as always I like to buck the trend.

And yes Flyspray - what passes for your thought process would be inadequate in New Zealand.

Have a good day ladies and gentlemen, and everyone in the cesspool as well.

(edited just to keep Flyspray unhappy)

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: Stalin's Organ ]

Another illicit post from the 1,000 year magic kingdom. Seems I'm not supposed to log in to anything but the Disney/family sites, but I've gotten around it again. My nephews are keeping staff busy while I tell you that although I cannot reach you to tell you how loathsome you all are, you are. I long to return to the freedom of the Peng Challenge Thread. Disney World is a very strange place.

Now I know sitting in a bar in downtown MPLS with a cold frosty in one hand and a lecherous eyeball on some short skirted girl sounds like fun and all but how about we arrange some CM TCP-IP play? I have 3 computers at my house with a network hub that has one more port available for say maybe a laptop. If you losers are going to be in town long enough we could maybe plan a evening of CM play.

Or I suppose we can just drink ourselves stupid in some pub downtown...I'm all for that too. My vote is for Brit's Pub but it can be quite busy... There is a pub on 1st Avenue called O'Donovans. It is relatively new and doesn't get too packed. They have Murphy's BTW.

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm. Drink and ogle the feminine form in all its varied forms, or play CM in your mom's basement with repulsive pooligans.

Hmm.

Disney World is a very strange place.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just be careful they don't catch you. I've heard they've got an interrogation chamber under the fairy castle and you get worked over by a bunch of goofys with rubber hoses.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

Just be careful they don't catch you. I've heard they've got an interrogation chamber under the fairy castle and you get worked over by a bunch of goofys with rubber hoses.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, now, that's no way to be talking about our Aussie boardmembers...

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn’t that just down the street from Brit’s? Or am I thinking of the Local? I remember the Murphy’s but I don’t remember the bar.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

I've heard they've got an interrogation chamber under the fairy castle and you get worked over by a bunch of goofys with rubber hoses.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A S&M theme?

Sounds OK to me!

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lars:

Isn’t that just down the street from Brit’s? Or am I thinking of the Local? I remember the Murphy’s but I don’t remember the bar.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, isn't Donovan's over on Hennepin?

Hello, all. I am now able to reach you without the threat of the interrogation chambers underneath Cinderella's Castle. It turns out one of my Brother's-in-law has his laptop along, and I now have access to the web again.

Originally my family was unwilling to let me know this, for fear I'd blow off the 'family vacation' for my CM addiction. But, after I involved two of my nephews in a plot with several Argentinian teens they'd made friends with to distract the Epcot staff by pretending to get into a punch up, they decided to make the internet available to me again. I must away to dinner with my family now, but I will be returning.

Don't fall all over yourselves with happiness and anticipation.

Actually, isn't Donovan's over on Hennepin?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you are correct.

And just for that I hope they make you go on "It's A Small World After All" about ten times in a row.

I suggest heading for the British Pub in Epcot. It's the only way I survived my time in Mickey Mouse hell.

An informative and possibly helpful note from the Southern Cal CMers gathering:

The waitress was a babe. Petite, doll-faced, and jeans about spray-painted on. I'm not saying this isn't why the computers didn't get fired up; we could talk turret speeds and running MGs for hours. There were even those who did not appear to notice this little fox. But I did. I thought THumpre's attention drifted a bit, as well.

First meetings are so full of amazement at the actual existence of other CMers and shared experiences that no sane folk can relate to (when have you ever spoken to another flesh-and-blood human that identified positively with "refreshing monkey"?), that actually playing the game seems almost extraneous. The place was noisy and crowded anyway, where actual gaming requires a smokey, out-of-the-way place, where not a lot of questions are asked, and there are no such unholy distractions.

If there is another meeting, the patina of cameraderie will have dimmed, and it will occur to the brighter among us that our new-found fellows should all be killed. Then out come the laptops, in go the CDs, and tonight's special will be hot tungsten, ya want HE with that?

Anyone catch her name?

Update to all my PBEM opponents: I see another CM-less week or two of house painting and some biz travel. It sucks but there it is. I will not surrender, nor will I accept surrenders, until a) you are dead or L) this bastard is painted and I am finally moved in past the garage, unless 19) that waitress calls me, which will be z) never.

Sue me. We appreciate your patience, please pardon our dust, yadayada.