V1.1 PATCH IS READY!

Guest Big Time Software

Guest KwazyDog

"Um, I just looked at the Jumbo in 1.1. Its speed and armor are still the same as before."

Vanir, the reduction in armour is not something that will show in the Jumbo unit info as it is a change made due to they way in which the Jumbo's armour was constructed. I dont know the details, but if you do a search you will find more info.

Im not sure about the speed, Ill have to run that one past Charles...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Enemy units targeting an ambush marker are no longer displayed as doing so.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand this.

My opponents units could actually target my Ambush Marker?

Or, are my target lines no longer seen?

Basically, what was this about?

Thanks in advance!

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

*I/O Error starts to push and shove to get the patch more quickly...*

cm+cs.gif

(image loops three times)

------------------

Honor, Duty, Courage.

Valhalla awaits you, honorable warrior...

------------------------

"If you find yourself alone, riding through green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium, and YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD!"

I have purchased a lot of software in my day - I am an old guy =P

Combat Mission, although I have not been playing it much lately waiting for the 1.1 patch, represents one of the best values in a game purchase I have ever had.

Thanks for the commitment to the product and to customers. That's unfortunately rare these days. Well Done BTS.

I buy a new game almost every week (X-Plane and Combat Command last week...), and most of them do not last longer than a couple of weeks on my HD; but I have had CM almost since it came out, and I am spending more time playing it than all other games put together.

Kudos to all (now if only the CMHQ scenario page can be upped from its status of the slowest page on the Internet...).

Henri

Hey, you release the final patch when I am AT WORK!!! That is not fair! wink.gif

Downloading it now...

IIRC, this is the last patch for CMBO, isn't it?

Hey Slapy, where can I get MacOS 9.1? Is it free?

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr. Brian:

I don't understand this.

My opponents units could actually target my Ambush Marker?

Or, are my target lines no longer seen?

Basically, what was this about?

Thanks in advance!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have seen it a few times. Enemy units would set up an ambush, and target the ambush marker waiting for you to "trip" it. If they enemy moved, and you sighted them moving, then you would see a target line from the enemy unit to the ambush marker, so you would see where the enemy's ambush area was. I only saw the ambush marker when the enemy moved, never when the enemy was stationary.

Hi,

may I just add my congratulations on the great work. For those of us looking for realism in war games CM really is something very special. I cannot get over just how lucky we all are that BTS took up the project. CM is a true simulation, in my view, however little that may be worth.

There is a classic example of this in the changes to deal with "curved mantlets" such as the Panther's. I had long thought this the last gap in the realistic modelling of armour/armour penetration but considered it a "detail too far". But not for BTS. Given the curved nature of most Soviet mantlets, in WW2, it is great to see the detail will be there for CM2.

May I just add my weight to the question already asked above.

We have to delete the program file its self, but did not the betas change some of the folders and do we have to delete them?

Most likely I am just being thick.

All the best,

Kip.

Just wanted to add my thanks...

...and also need to add my own confusion about just WHAT exactly we need to do to properly delete v1.1b24 and get on w/ 1.1?

ALSO, can we load PBeM games straight up w 1.1 if they come from 1.1b24 games, or do we need to do the load and save process on them? (Thus giving us reason to hang on to b24)

Thanks again!

ALSO... just noticed that the README has this line in it:

**"1. Run the patch and select your existing Combat Mission install directory

as the destination. Unlike previous patches, the PUBLIC BETA will install

directly into your Combat Mission folder without further manual file copying.

The patch will create the necessary folders and files in all the correct

locations."**

The use of the words PUBLIC BETA may confuse many people... just a heads up. (I'm sure it's a leftover from the beta README)

IIRC, just fire up v1.05, load a PBeM file, Use the SAVE GAME feature and save it as any 1 player save game.

Next, fire up v 1.1, Load the Saved game, take your turn as normal, and then at the end it will save as a PBeM (as normal).

This won't work with a movie only file, has to be a turn where you give orders... (once again IIRC.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Vehicles can only do a 'hide' order if they do not currently have movement orders.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could somebody explain this to me? Does it mean you can't give stationary vehicles a ROTATE order? (You have to move them some distance to get them to rotate)?

If this is so, why? Was it determined that rotate-in-place was impossible? If this is so, then do tanks still rotate in place to help align the main gun?

Much cornfuzed.

DjB

Wait, I think I figured it out. I thought it was "vehicles must be moving to do something other than HIDE," but I think now it means "vehicles that are currently moving CANNOT have a HIDE order attached at the end."

Is this right? Why is this so? Was it judged to abstractional to allow a tank to move some distance and, at the end, go into HIDE mode?

DjB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

Could somebody explain this to me? Does it mean you can't give stationary vehicles a ROTATE order? (You have to move them some distance to get them to rotate)?

Much cornfuzed.

DjB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently smile.gif. It means you cannot string together a hunt, move, or move fast command then a hide command at the end. Your tank must be stationary to give the hide command. Rotate has nothing to do with hide unless you're asking whether you can string together rotate and hide only, without any movement commands. If so, I don't know.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

it is my understanding that in the game Hide as it relates to Tanks ONLY idles the engine making a sound contact alot less likely.

NOW if you rotate the tank then the engine is not on LOW idle so it will make noise, so if it is making noise it CANNOT hide and be less likely to be "spotted" as a "sound contact"

I understand hiding tanks is ALL about reducing the chance of a sound contact because they are not really "hiding" just silenced temporarily so ANY engine noise is irreconcilable with "no" engine noise and "hiding"

Anyone else?

comments?

Who knows how this REALLY works?

(in the game that is?)

-tom w