NEW SCEN/OPS AVAILABLE..FRANKO'S FIRST PACK!

I have developed my first "scenario/operations" pack for the Combat Mission Community, consisting of the following...I hope you'll all want one! I also hope that Manx/Griff will host it on their site! (and anyone else, for that matter). Here are the briefings from the pack:

CANADIAN ARMAGEDDON

Operation: ASSAULT (70% progress expected)

Verrieres Ridge (Approximately 6 to 7km Southwest of Caen)

20-21 July, 1944

Weather: Mixed

Seven Battles. Night falls on fourth battle.

Canadians and British vs. German SS and Heer troops

During the closing phase of Operation Goodwood, soldiers of the Canadian 2nd Armored Brigade and attached British units crossed the Orne River and assaulted the Verrieres Ridge. Waiting for them were elements of the crack 1st SS Panzer Division, and the Heer 272nd Infantry Division.

DESIGN NOTE: This initial briefing is purposely brief to avoid spoilers for each side. If playing against the computer opponent, it is recommended that you play as Canadian, and allow the COMPUTER to choose its setup. Further design notes are in each players briefing.

For those of you who are familiar with my prior operations, this one will appear smaller. That is intentional. This one was designed to be more playable without sacrificing historical accuracy. Maps are based on period 1:100,000 topographical maps.

A HELL OF A LICKING

Band of Brothers #4

Nuenen, Holland

September 19, 1944

This is game 4 of my "Band of Brothers" collection, based upon Ambrose's book of the same name. This book, based on the exploits of E Company, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division, is soon to be a major ten-part event on HBO in the Fall of 2001.

In this scenario, Captain Winter's company is faced with clearing the town of Nuenen during the Market-Garden Campaign, with the help of British tankers. All historical figures are marked with an asterisk (*).

This is meant to be played soley by an American player, but should be well-balanced for PBEM or TCPIP play. It is recommended that if you play against the AI, that you use the scenario default setup.

PATTON'S GHOSTS

The 2nd Cavalry Squadron at Luneville

18 September 1944

Turns: 30

The Germans, primarily under the misguided direction of Adolph Hitler, developed a "Panzer Brigade" concept which was unsuccessfully used on the Western Front in the Fall of 1944. During the Loraine Campaign, one of these brigades, Panzer Brigade 111, launched a spoiling attack against Patton's armored spearheads in Lorraine. It initially clashed with the 42nd Cavalry Squadron, nicknamed "Patton's Ghosts".

Panzer Brigade 111 first sought to seize a base of operations at Luneville, and then move to cut off Patton's 4th Armored division near Arracourt. Instead, this heroic delaying action on the part of the American cavalry threw a monkey wrench into the German timetable.

Its dawn, the ground conditions are damp, and its raining. Best played against the Computer as American, evenly matched for PBEM and TCPIP play. If this is your first time playing against a computer opponent, I suggest you play with "scenario default on" for setup.

AUGEN ZU! Version 2

50 Turns

0200 Hours, 24 December, 1944

German night assault

Twenty-five miles west of Bastogne lies the small Belgian town of Rochefort, only fifteen miles from the Meuse River. The Ardennes offensive has roared across the Western Front for a week. After reeling from the initial blows, the American defense is beginning to solidify. The town of Rochefort has become extremely important because its bridge over the River L'Homme gives access to the final approach to the Meuse.

This version tweaks some terrain and allows more setup options for the German player. Its recommended that you choose "scenario default" for computer setup if you play against a computer opponent.

Sources:

Arnold, James R. Ardennes 1944: Hitler's Last Gamble in the West

Astor, David. A Blood-Dimmed Tide: The Story of the Battle of the Bulge by the Men who Fought it.

Dupuy, Trevor N. Hitler's Last Gamble

MacDonald, Charles B. A Time For Trumpets: The Untold Story of the Battle of the Bulge

Pallud, Jean Paul. The Battle of the Bulge, Then and Now.

Quarrie, Bruce. The Ardennes Offensive: Osprey Books Order of Battle Series Vol. 8 and 9.

Want the pack? Post here! ENJOY YOU CRAZY GROGNARDS!

Franko

Frankrad@pacbell.net