CM2 FAQ - All You Wanted to Know but Were Afraid to Ask

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gpig:

A bump . . . but also, a question. smile.gif

Will the Russian T-44 be included? I just saw a picture of one at THE RUSSIAN BATTLEFIELD website under Medium Tanks, and it looks real cool. Sort of ahead of it's time, cool. (Even even looks like an American M-60, from the 60's.) Says it came out in '44.

1945, in numbers, actually. It is usually seen because of the relatively low production rate of only a thousand or so, according to most sources, as an "interim" vehicle between the T34 and the T54. It didn't see particularly widespread use, although it had a long service life, lasting in Soviet Category 3 divisions until well into the 1970's (I remember seeing pictures of them training with it).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

This is getting old. Does anyone even read this thing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Despite popular belief the FAQ was sometimes read by obscure neophytes who read the board only occasionaly now. These persons, also referred to as the 'sleeping masses', are rumored to be greatly responsible for the 'night of the refreshing monkeys' and other myths of the BBS of old.

Keep on the good work, pants leader ! (whoops ;) )

Grtz, stefan.

most annoying bump...redux

hell, it's annoying for me too, i got a 56k modem...

my counterstrike talk binds:

bind "," "say HOLY f-ck!! THE ENTIRE CT TEAM IS IN FRONT OF ME! BACK UP BACK UP BACK-"

bind "-" "say Maybe we got them demoralized."

bind "/" "say ... --- ... ... --- ... ... --- ...!!!!!!!!!!!!"

bind ";" "say_team BOOST ME/YOU ONTO THE CRATE FOR BOMB PLANT!"

bind "=" "say You'll neva take ME alive coppas!"

bind "\" "say The plan is F-CKED! Kill the hostages! Kill ALL of them!!"

bind "]" "say Wait a second. If what you're saying is true, then I still don't care."

bind "i" "say Great. Now what the f-ck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty sh-t."

bind "j" "say You're dogmeat pal."

bind "k" "say What, you're gonna put her in charge?"

bind "l" "say Stay frosty...we can't let even one of those things get in here..."

bind "o" "say A smuck is someone who can't spell schmuck, ok?"

bind "p" "say Alright ya primitive screwheads listen up: THIS is my boom stick."

bind "q" "say OW! My a-sssssss!"

bind "SHIFT" "say RUSH FORWARD! The CT are chasing my a-s! They'll kill us all! They'll KILL US ALL!"

bind "F1" "say What do you mean THEY cut the power? How could they cut the power man they're animals!"

bind "F2" "say [--PA--]Imperial troops have entered the base! Imperial troops have entered-"

bind "F3" "say You now have 15 seconds to reach minimum safe distance."

bind "F4" "say In 45 seconds this place will be a cloud of vapor the size of Nebraska."

bind "F5" "say That's it man. Game over man, game over."

bind "F6" "say We'd be trapped inside, burned alive. Like those people on the Titanic"

bind "F7" "say Soon the uper [K]arate [M]onkey [D]eath [C]ar would park in my space."

bind "F8" "say They're coming outta the walls. They're coming outta the damn walls!"

bind "F9" "say I'm telling you something's moving and it ain't us."

bind "F10" "say Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events"

bind "F11" "say I'm...well, I'm hurt...deep down...where I'm soft...like a woman."

bind "F12" "say but we just go our a-ses kicked pal."

bind "INS" "say Yeah man, it's a dry heat."

bind "PGUP" "say HOLY f-ck!! THE ENTIRE CT TEAM IS IN FRONT OF ME! BACK UP BACK UP BACK-"

bind "HOME" "say Look, let's just bug out and call it even, ok?"

bind "KP_HOME" "say We're on an express elevator to hell, going down!"

bind "KP_END" "say How do I get out of this chickensh-t outfit?"

bind "KP_ENTER" "say I say we grease this rat-f-ck son of a bitch right now."

[ 09-09-2001: Message edited by: russellmz ]

Madmatt has, in answer to a query in another recent thread, indicated that a unit "depletion" mechanism is undergoing testing at this time and that its useage will be "very cool".

As scenario designer you will thus be able to have squads and teams with less men in them at the outset of the battle. This is apparently done on a semi-random basis and takes into account the purchase cost of the affected units.

Hopefully this will be possible in QB's where the computer is choosing the units (the only way to play :D )

Sorry, no clue how to post a link; I think the thread is entitled "To scenario and CM2 designers" and was posted today.