A Thousand Points of Peng, A Kindler, More Gentler Cess

First I just want to say how nice to see Hiram and Germanboy posting again biggrin.gif

Secondly, Seanachaicoochiecoo, nice title

A Thousand Points of Peng, A Kindler, More Gentler Cess. Surely a Freudian Slip? smile.gif

kindler \Kin"dler\, n. One who, or that which, kindles, stirs up, or sets on fire. ``Kindlers of riot.'' --Gay.

P.S. It smells ever so nice in here tonight.

and I love the new colour scheme wink.gif

[This message has been edited by YK2 (edited 01-23-2001).]

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always causes me to guffaw and chortle when someone who takes a week to get their turn out, immediately prods you to send the return file. You been doing straight white-out again? I've had your turn for approximately 13 and a half hours. Put your gonads on ice and wait patiently for the return file that is sure to cause you pain and wonder and then pain again when the wonder ceases.

------------------

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! -

THIS SIG FILE BELONGS TO A COMPLETE FOO.

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Damn Croda. That is one funny sig!!!

must suck to be you - Hiram Sedai

Frustrated to tears by Andreas' attempts at skinning a cat, setting it to music, and calling it a "classic," here's a bit of sing-song of my own.

Clash Cittie Roquers (trad.)

An' I wanna move to ye town with ye Clash Cittie Roquers/

Ye need a little jump of electrickal shockers/

Ye'd better leave town if ye only wanna knock us/

Nothing stands the pressure of ye Clash Cittie Roquers/

Ye see the rate they come down the escalatteor/

Now listen to the tube train acceleratteor/

Then ye realise that ye've got to have a purpose/

Or this place is gonna knock ye out sooner or later/

So don't complain about thine useless employment/

Jack it in forever to-night/

Or shut thy mouth and pretend ye enjoy it/

Think of all the money ye've got/

An' I wanna liquefy everybody gone dry

Or plug into the aerials that poke up in the sky/

Or burn down the suburbs with the half-closed eyes/

Ye won't succeed unless ye try/

Ye owe me a move say the bells of St. Groove

Come on and show me say the bells of Old Bowie/

When I am fitter say the bells of Gary Glitter/

No one but ye and I say the bells of Prince Far-I/

No one but ye and I say the bells of Prince Far-I/

An' I wanna move the town to ye Clash Cittie Roquers/

Ye need a little jump of electrickal shockers/

Ye'd better leave town if ye only wanna knock us/

Nothing stands the pressure of ye Clash Cittie Roquers/

Rock rock Clash Cittie Roquers

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Guest Wildman

Of course Croda, don't you know things are done on WST? (Wildman Standard Time)

It by my schedule, and if I want to take a three day weekend, then of course, that is acceptable. Sheesh, what were you expecting? Equal treatment?

---

1) I'm flattered some folks liked my taunt with the dolphin comment. Notice LeakyMeeky has failed to respond. No doubt the uncontrollable weeping that began when he read my taunt caused his eyeliner to run, and he is now as blind as a MaryKay test rabbit.

2) Updates:

Cromag: Probes me tender, probes me true, probes me along the front I have to defend that is ninety-seven frickin' miles wide and about four microns deep. I hate this map. Because Cromag generated the map, I hate him too.

Marlowbrow: Making his final rush to the flaggy things. Despite the carnage he gamily and cheatingly inflicted on my forces of Light and Goodness throughout the game, I may still be able to pull this one off (siddown, Bauhaus!).

Jshandjob: I continue to creep forward, but I fear I have squandered the valuable commodity of time. Unless he can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory here, I will come up woefully short of respect. For that, Jshandorf will be loathed.

PeterBeater: Not real big on the whole 'returning turns' thing. I realize that having both arms elbow-deep in annoyed bleaters makes it hard to use the mouse (we said sheepskin mittens, not sheep mittens!) but your prehensile toes and tail could come into play here, treeclimber.

nijis: Some mutual shelling, some movement. Nothing to see here, move along, folks.

Guest Wildman

OH MY GOD, I'M BLIND

I thought that there could be no worse evil than that of the Old Mormon Wifes. Too my horror I viewed the Cesspool Photos.

In my brief glimpse before gouging my eyes out to stop the horrible pain, I noticed a few things.

Berli looks like a concert French Horn (not whore) player. I feel like I should call him Mistero or something.

JD has that "trust me, I'm your lawyer" look that makes me want to run to the nearest DA and confess something, anything.

And finally Lorak, I had a double vision about him, and after the writhing had stopped I contempleted it. First was the image of him at the Superbowl with no shirt on and blue and white body paint with the words "Giants" on his midsection. Complete with beer and hotdog in each hand. The second image was at a soccer match, torn shirt and someone's ear in his teeth after a "discussion" with the other teams supporter.

IT'S EVIL, EVIL....RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!!!!!

---

Originally posted by YK2:

P.S. It smells ever so nice in here tonight.

and I love the new colour scheme wink.gif

Emma, as many a GI learned to his pains when he accepted the appealing offer of a Viet Cong lady of the evening, appearances can deceive, and the most beautiful butterfly may indeed sting like a bee.

You gaze about you and admire the harmonious arrangement of an eclectic array of classic furniture lovingly accented by a zen-like application of paint and decorative woods. It even has, some might say, a woman's (or at least a Croda's) touch. Through the open window expands before you a vista out of Constable, highlighted by the correct number of sheep. You hear in the distance the call of birds and the chirping of crickets. Delicately, you set your shapely hind-quarters (still in that lacey body number, I might add) on the firm yet yielding cushion of an exquisite Chesterfield upholstered with a buttery exotic leather that feels, to your ever-so-light touch, like the refined silk of some remote Asian court. You inhale and your lungs are filled with wholesome air that carries, at the very limits of your perception, the mysteriously invigorating scent of precious aromatics.

And yet. As your senses revel in the luxury about you, something in the lower reaches of your hindbrain begins to stir. That aroma, could it be the odor of almonds? You catch your breath, hoping it's not too late. You realize that the stuffing of the sofa is not horse hair at all, though hair of something it certainly is; as to the provenance of the leather, that is something that perhaps it is better not to know. As you listen more closely, you recognize the calls of the birds for what they are: kites and vultures and perhaps a loan, croaking raven. Suddenly, you are sure that the rich, red enamel inlay on that marquetry table is not ox-blood at all. And as to those sheep, best not to ask.

Your first instinct is to flee, quickly, before this New Class, haut-monde abbatoir claims you as its next victim. But slowly your mind begins to generate another impulse, one of recognition. For all its Crodafication, for all the efforts of that other crazed, bald-headed interior designer, you recognize this place for what it is. Peng is in his haven and all is right with the 'Pool. You are home.

Once again, you relax on that oh so comfortable Chesterfield (still, I might add, in that lacey body number). Of course, now it's become a little warmer and you think it might be a good idea to loosen...

<font size=10> REDACTED</font>

(That's quite enough of that. Shame on you, Ethan. Now back into the Hamster Wheel and no chew stick for you. - ed.)

It takes some real courage to post your pictures, gentlemen. You have my respect for that. A total of 4 pool members know what I look like and that is enough. I usually don't advertise my disfigurement.

Instead, I'll continue to advertise my lack of intellect. (have to be self deprecating)

2 Brain Cells left folks Going cheap. Who wants to start the first bid??

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Originally posted by YK2:

kindler \Kin"dler\, n. One who, or that which, kindles, stirs up, or sets on fire. ``Kindlers of riot.'' --Gay.

All together now,

We shall, we shall not be moved

We shall, we shall not be moved

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I have nothing else to say. Ya, quote that you rat bastards.

-Meeks

In the spirit of the kindler, gentler 'Pool, I'd like to ask a question:

What in Hades' mouth is the deal with this Anal-ist guy? He has begun no less than four (4) new posts today on the main forum, all of which rehash age-old forum topics!

Now, I realize we are all in "Love thy Neighbor" mode, but what's the deal with this dude? I suppose he hasn't done anything he could be held accountable for in a court of law that doesn't exist in southeast asia, but he bugs me nevertheless.

------------------

MR T WOULDN'T BE SO KIND AS TO WRINKLE AN EYEBROW AT THIS UNFORTUNATE BEING. PLEASE OFFER HIS PARENTS AND COHABITANTS ALL SYMPATHY POSSIBLE. MAY BE CONTAGIOUS. CONTAINS ARTIFICIAL SWEETNER, INTELLIGENCE AND WIT. STAND WELL CLEAR AND LIGHT WICK. BY ORDER PETERNZ

Bah! {SIT DOWN Mace ... I said Bah ... not Baaaaaa!} the GermanLad had the effrontery to state:

I would not give a flying eff about what he says, and the only way I would point towards his point is with ridicule and senseless laughter.
We've noticed that you tend toward senseless laughter ... I presume there's a logical connection there.
The fact that you take him up on that and use his moroseness to back up your primevality is beyond contempt.
My, my, my, moroseness and primevality in one sentence, I'm glad that the "Word A Day" calendar you got for Christmas is being put to good use. Here's a tip though, check the definition of the word before you use it, it tends to have more impact that way. Furthermore, it's BENEATH contempt, not BEYOND contempt ... I view your ill usage of the language with contempt.
Even you should not stoop that low.
SIT DOWN Blousehouse.
Ah well, losers of the world unite, I guess.
I don't ALWAYS lose ... sometimes I manage a draw.

Joe

Originally posted by Henri:

A cursory search has shown that other members of these old-timers are Joe Shaw, Simon fox, Berlichtingen, Wild Bill Wilder, Matt and of course Steve.

You may have forgotten... the great refresh crash ate many user names. I was one of the lucky ones that kept his original user name

What in Hades' mouth is the deal with this Anal-ist guy? He has begun no less than four (4) new posts today on the main forum, all of which rehash age-old forum topics!
Hmmmm, reading the main board eh Cruda? And often enough to note the exact number and topics of the posts there, eh? Hmmmm ... Lorak, write this name in your book, CRODA, with a "C" ... right, now cross it out. And stay away from my sister, she's not for the likes of you.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Hmmmm, reading the main board eh Cruda? And often enough to note the exact number and topics of the posts there, eh? Hmmmm ... Lorak, write this name in your book, CRODA, with a "C" ... right, now cross it out. And stay away from my sister, she's not for the likes of you.

Joe

So, you're saying that Anal-ist is your sister? If that's the case then don't worry about it. The offer that I got to elope with Stuka (and hopefully his yummy bride-to-be) is much more appealing.

------------------

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Emma, as many a GI learned to his pains when he accepted the appealing offer of a Viet Cong lady of the evening, appearances can deceive, and the most beautiful butterfly may indeed sting like a bee........ and so on..

*PHEW* all I can say is, I really love this new look, Kindler, Gentler Cesspool. Will it be ok if I hang a few of my Dali prints and maybe just one little pic of Nick? that way I will really feel at home biggrin.gif

A new kindler, gentler thread eh?

Bah.

Well, MarkIV, when you get that machine of yours that apparently runs on rocket fuel going, send me a setup if you dare. I'm going to be dispatching of Berli shortly here, and Wildman will be of no consequence.

As far as being nicer and gentler, from the greatest movie of all time....

Crap.

GI Tom

------------------

Think before you POST, TEST before you cry BUG and take a "Time-Out" break before you counter-flame the guy that just called you a Plutonian ButtMonkey---Madmatt

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Major Tom:

I am a student, and have no idea of time-differences between continents, expecting an answer from someone who is asleep when I send my file and then goes to work for a long time, trying to make this planet a better place, for the dumb likes of me.

I am also very stupid and send Andreas my own files, but do not even deign to mention my password, making it totally useless for him to DL it. But what the Moose, I am Canadian, and those who can not, will teach as I will do soon. You may call me Major Moron.

That about sums it up.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

A total of 4 pool members know what I look like and that is enough. I usually don't advertise my disfigurement.

Instead, I'll continue to advertise my lack of intellect. (have to be self deprecating)

Me thinks someone is being modest wink.gif

Originally posted by Wildman:

I thought that there could be no worse evil than that of the Old Mormon Wifes. Too my horror I viewed the Cesspool Photos.

Hmm *ponders pictures*, except for the feline one at the bottom the page, makes you appreciate your own physical appearance so much better, doesn't it? wink.gif

Mace

Oh, btw, I would just like to say good-morning and I hope you have a pleasant and enjoyable day/evening/whatever!

My thoughts are with you all (well to be honest, some of you. Most don't rate the effort of a thought)

Toodles,

Mace (getting into the spirit of the enlightened thread)

[This message has been edited by Mace (edited 01-23-2001).]

Originally posted by Mace:

Oh, btw, I would just like to say good-morning and I hope you have a pleasant and enjoyable day/evening/whatever!

My thoughts are with you all (well to be honest, some of you. Most don't rate the effort of a thought)

Toodles,

Mace (getting into the spirit of the enlightened thread)

Guest Germanboy

Looooorrrrraaaaakkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those pictures?! Are they real?! OhmyLord, good thing I sent you one with a hunkin' lad of love (i.e. me) and a King Tiger in it. Oh, and Chubbachops and PeterBleater. Also, anyone knows what happened to Chubby's project?

Have a nice day all, here, have some flowers.

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Wormwhore

You obviously don't appreciate my tactical genius. The 'rush' on your position ensured a vital surprise element to my attack, which it achieved, as your 'men' - and I use the term loosely - were still interconnected together by their spindle members.

I notice you didn't mention the pure artwork of driving behind your lines and popping your Marder through the exhaust pipe, carefully avoiding the 'animal farm' nonsense under exhaustive trial there.

Margo

The fact that you awarded 2 and 3 turns to that fetid heap of goats intestinal sewage clearly defines you as a mentally retarded, but very excited, vegetable handing out its Jelly Bellies to all and sundry. I feel I have to reap revenge by pulling out your very soul through the hole left by your missing toe nail, which I shall remove with a pair of very old and soiled garden shears. Expect a file which shall offer a quick resolution to this, short term, error of judgement.

Croney

Your pathetic whining bores me to tears. Infact, my teardrop storage department has completely run dry (not that it was very big anyway - I am a man afterall) and is awaiting resupply. You, also, I have 'issues' with which can only be settled by walking on the 'path of righteousness' namely, a Challenge?. And again, I have little patience for you either. Small but perfectly formed will be the order of the day.

Sundrys

Don't worry, I'll get around to you all later. I'm just picking off the weak, ageing and sub-animal.

Steve

What happened to Chubby's project is Chubby remembered he had another project called a degree that he has to finish first. Once said degree is finished, and assuming no degrees of the doctoral nature present themselves, I'll think about it. But right now I don't have the time.

To those who've already sent Lorak their photos, my sincere admiration, and my deepest sympathies to your offspring. I'll try to find one of myself that doesn't involve tanks or Germans.

Stevethenakedmolerat: setup sent. Die. Die. Die.

Hiram: Pansy.

That is all.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

I was trying to use Netscape 6. It's ****e. I shall instead sing a song (removing the double-post slyly).

Up above the streets and houses

Rainbow climbing high

Everyone can see the rainbow

Over the sky

Paint the whole world with a rainbow.

(checking to see the double-post is safely deposited in back pocket. Yep)

Thank you, and goodnight. Please drive carefully and quietly as this is a residential neibourhood.

[This message has been edited by stevetherat (edited 01-23-2001).]