Are BTS 's workers ,in fact, "umpa-lumpas"?

Is it just me, or is CMBB shaping up to be the greatest game ever? it gives me shivers of delight just thinking about it. These guys are putting so much love into the game, so many features, it's mind boggling. The interesting part is that not only are they implementing an infinite amount of things in the game, they actually WANT TO DO IT, and enjoy doing it. There aren't many companies like that.

CM is the first game in the series and BTS had it nailed with this game. What I mean is, the product was made, and made right. There isn't really anything major to complain about. It didn't take BTS three games, like most companies, to achieve near perfection, they did it on the first try. That's very impressive for an extremely complex genre that is wargaming.

That's what makes CMBB's release so great. CM was so near perfect that they don't have to spend their time reinventing aspects of the game that didn't work for CMBB, because it all worked. So it's more a matter of getting historical facts down, cramming features into the game, as aposed to fixing a million bugs that most companies do in sequels. Just from what I've read in the faq's so far, I can already tell this game is massive. The turkey is getting stuffed good.

I sometimes wonder whether the BTS headquarters is, in fact, secretly the Willie Wonka chocolate factory, where every worker is an "umpa-lumpa". That would explain the impossible progress and unsurpassed gaming experience we recieve from BTS. I wonder what flavor Matt's head would be...

Very nicely put, and how true, too.

The funny thing is that we as 'gamers always find something that needs to be tweaked/fixed.

It struck me the other day that we have this near-perfect game (a miraculous achievement in itself), and we demand more. Now, I have nothing against the "bit closer to heaven" philosophy, but I think we have to give credit where it's due. Not that we don't, but, for BTS, more is better. :D

Let's face it: anybody else would have given up by now. Thanks BTS - I've never had more fun and less frustration before. :cool:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SGT PERRY:

May they continue for many years to come.<hr></blockquote>

That happens only if we all buy it. I know I will, and I'll encourage my friends (and my friend's friends (and their friend's friends(and their friend's friends (and their friend's friends (and their friend's friends (and their friend's friends (and their friend's friends(and their friend's friends))))))).

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dogface21:

I've personally spread the Gospel of Combat Mission to four people, whom are now spreading it to their friends. Kind of like a religon, or kind of like VD.<hr></blockquote>

I pitch it at every LAN party I got to. I've gotten some interested so far. I also brought it into school, to "capture screenshots". It's caught some attention there too.

Can we stop the love fest now... ????

Although I have a likeing for CM I do not think it is near perfect, and if you think it is you just haven't been looking into it enough.

For anyone interested you can e mail me so I may illustrate what I mean.

I would expect a post like this to originate from a newbie, one thing is for sure, he never designed a scenario !

eric

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cauldron:

Can we stop the love fest now... ????

<hr></blockquote>

No.

Regardless of it's fault (I'd like to see anything 100% perfect), CMBO is the ultimate in tactical WW2 computer combat atm, and has excellent staying power.

I will always love my CMBO, and will worship at the house of BTS for releasing it!!!

Mace

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cauldron:

Yada yada.

eric<hr></blockquote>

No, I don't think the fest is over with just yet.

No, I won't email you, because spending precious minuted of my time which could be spent far better by beating my opponents in a PBEM, would be quite the waste. Also, I know I probably wont agree with what you have to say, unless you think minor engine quirks (like troop behaviour in towns, or the faulty ambush tab) degrade this wonderful game.

To me, this is currently the #1 game of all time. There has been no game more enjoyable, more lasting for me. No game has emersed me as well, despite its lack of supa-shiny graphics and 3d explosions. Let's hope CM2 surpasses even CMBO's high standards! :D