AKoTM Version 2.0 !!! CONTINUE ALL UPDATES & AAR's HERE!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game final

Claymore: 93 (42 casualties)

Carboy: 7 (254 casualties & 5 tanks)

As evidence showed in the first A**Kicking Tournament artillery is the Shiva of the CMBO battlefield. I ran through Carboy's movies after the end-of-game and made a count of casualties vs their cause.

Rickets: 3 M-10TDs and 200+ casualties

37mm DF HE: 15

75mm DF HE: 22 (the 37mm and 75mm HE were used on the broken and scattered remnants of Yankee infantry and was really not necessary for the win)

75mm AP: Two M-10TDs (This was the result of 2 x Crack Hetzers vs 2 x REG M-10s at 600m, no surprise)

So it appears as though Texas Toast and I will be dancing in the next round. I eliminated him from an earlier tournament but lately he has been a real bitch. In a Panther 76 game he put the big hurt on me, while in another custom 75 game my crafty tactics have been continually blunted. It has all the makings of a very good match.

Charles? If you're listening...I'm going to be even sneakier this game! Muahahahahahaha. ;)

How shall we choose sides?...I propose we get an independent third party to toss a coin.

Cheers

Claymore (nee Murray)

hmm, mlaPanzer i sent you the next turn about 40 minutes before i received your reminder yesterday.

I shall now send it to you again, please let me know if you still haven't received it. My apologies for being rather busy on Tuesday - I will now, as i usually do, turn around any turns you send me very quickly.

regards,

ben.

Claymore...congratulations on your decisive victory. Welcome to the Second Round. BTW: Whatever happened with your battle against Fionn? It's funny, just at the same time that you had your first "Armor-heavy" battle against him, I had an "Armor-heavy" battle against him...then, you started up the next one that your AAR's where being posted, and at the same time I had started up another one very similar to yours. What was your final tally against Old Scratch?

Please see updated bracket.

Tblaster

vs------------Harpooner

Harpooner

1)

Treeburst155

vs------------Treeburst155

Cubes

====================

Pacestick

vs------------Pacestick

R_Leet

2)

mPisi

vs------------mPisi

Jaws

====================

Speedy

vs------------Speedy

Hurricane

3)

Senor Beef

vs------------Senor Beef

Radar

====================

aaronb

vs------------Winner

Wildman

4)

Jeff Heidman

vs------------Pondscum

Pondscum

====================

Philistine

vs------------Winner

boy_Recon

5)

Greg Clement

vs------------Winner

Gyrene

=====================

Toxicchaos

vs------------labappel

labappel

6)

Stoffel

vs------------Stoffel

Loki

=====================

The Commissar

vs------------Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey

7)

Mlapanzer

vs------------Winner

Chuckle

=====================

Claymore

vs------------Claymore

Carboy

8)

Texas Toast

vs------------Texas Toast

Stix

=====================

Hip Hip Horaah1! Chuckles and I have gotten the E-mail straightened out and are back to the battle field.

A tie breaker with VERY big hills. I'm waiting for Julie Andrews to show up with that group of brats and start singing :eek:

I hate that movie singing thru the Alps while the Nazi's are coming.How damn stupid can you get. tongue.gif

-------

It's good to be at the top of the food chain.

First I would like to give special thanks to the Duke for sticking me with Claymore (a top 10 player on the RD ladder) in the second round. So much for my #2 seed. :D

But don't worry Claymore, even as I write this, engineers in my top secret lab are coming up with new and unusual strategies to combat your sneakiness and/or heavy-handed use of rickets and crack hetzers.

I propose that Iron Duke flip a coin (heads = Allies) and notify us as to which side gets the rickets/hetzers. This might be a good time to mention that I played a quick TCP/IP probe against the Duke in between rounds, where I placed some hapless US airborne infantry in some completely indefensible terrain and allowed him to overrun me quite harshly. Just something to think about while making up the map... ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

We're almost done, it's turn 18.

My Jumbo is gone, thanks to 2 P-shrecks, which seem to have set their own building on fire, giving my troops something to shoot at as they ran out.

A little flame hetzer has been giving me trouble on the other side of the battle.

Gyrene<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no. He tells it wrong. Here's what he means: "My cowardly Jumbo has been knocked out by a skilled Fusilier Panzerfaust(er) in the top floor of a nearby building. Fortunately, the building was set on fire sending a platoon each of Sturmgruppe and Fusiliers scrambling out of the building, only to be shot up by my cowardly squad sitting on the top of a hill. I also give high regard to a brave Fusilier platoon, out in the open, which has distracted me so much and allowed my Jumbo to be destroyed and my troops to be held up; I will award them medals of my own. That flaming Hetzer is too much and I will run from it and the swarming German horde that scares me so much. Victory will soon be theirs." smile.gif

Greg

Charles,

Wooo-hooo big man! I KNOW that our tournament organizer needs no help steamrolling over your forces. Such a pitiful and disgraceful attempt to pander favour.

The Duke is a great and laudable example of manhood, who should be held up for us poor wretches to emulate. Should he decide which side each of us will get I know it will be with the calm and deliberate intelligence that he has demonstrated time without fail.

So I say to you...abase yourself before the Iron Duke and ask forgiveness for such a base attempt. Should he in his infinite mercy decide to suffer your existance further I can only believe he will give you the Allied side as just penance for your deeds. In fact I implore you to ask him for these forces! Do so now! If you are lucky he shall give you the Yankees but tempt him not for he shall saddle you with the lowly Polish or Canucks if he rises to anger!

Cheers

Murray

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iron Duke:

aaronb and Wildman...I haven't heard from you two in a while...how is everything going?

Going to make the Due Date?

Move it out guys. (Everyone)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We did a turn yesterday, and should be able to turn some around for the deadline. Of course, Wildman could do the honourable thing and surrender. If I told you why, it would reveal valuable information - later.

Currently, I'm waiting on him for a turn - hint, hint...

Texas...my, my, is that Fear I sense in your post? Or is it respect of a worthy adversary? I would think you would leap at the chance to crush your would-be only competition, and rid yourself of his carcass as you push on towards The Goal. Verily, you are a strong commander, for what leader could stomach loss of so many good men to the steel of Duke's Heer juggernaught without being strong? Perseverance, my friend, comes to those who want it more.

Claymore...(kla'môr', -mr')

n.

A large, double-edged broadsword formerly used by Scottish Highlanders.

Interesting fight here. Claymore was in a unique position, as he did not fight in the first AKoTM so he did not warrant a top 6 seed. In fact, he was seeded 8th, just behind Treeburst155 whom I had already fought a battle against and had a decent appraisal of his skill. Claymore was riding solely on his reputation, which I had heard was good. Therefore, the #7 seed was to be pitted against the #1 seed and the #8 seed against the #2 seed.

Now that Blood-stained Harpooner has dispatched the #1 seed, Claymore stands in an enviable spot...just one battle away from possibly dispatching the #2 seed and then having to face either the 16,17, or 22nd seeds for the 3rd Round! Nice...that's not to say that those guys are pushovers, but hey, I'm a gambling man and the numbers tell a tale of their own. ;) HOWEVER...seeing as how there have already been upsets in this tourney...it's really all up for grabs.

Anyhoo...

This is how we will decide on the sides: I hereby invoke the patented Rock, Paper, and Scissors PBEM match! :D (Sorry, no TCP/IP)

Texas and Claymore (and anyone else who wants to get a decision) will send me 3 choices of Rock, Paper, or Scissors by email numbered 1,2, and 3 respectively. I will then post the winner and he will get to choose a side. Fair enough?

Out.

toast: (n.) sliced bread browned on both sides by heat.

Wow, doesn't sound like much of a match-up! :D

Fear is not in my vocabulary (not when it comes to computer games anyway). Duke, my RPS email is en route. Let's find out if in this battle the toast is indeed mightier than the sword.

Charles

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>toast: (n.) sliced bread browned on both sides by heat.

Wow, doesn't sound like much of a match-up!

Fear is not in my vocabulary (not when it comes to computer games anyway). Duke, my RPS email is en route. Let's find out if in this battle the toast is indeed mightier than the sword.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO!! Well done!

That we shall see.

:D:D:D

Actually Claymore has two meanings...either of which usually meant unprotected individuals being reduced to a greater number of smaller, wetter pieces. ewhhh!

I'm not sure if a Claymore was ever used on baked goods before though...toasted or otherwise. Lately "this" Claymore has been a little dull against "that" crunchy Toasty one. My Highland ancestors demand then that I retreive my whetstone, hawk up a good luge on my steel and prepare for battle. I will not fight in the nude however, nor paint myself blue (my ode to wode!)

My RPS file is now in the Duke's email slot. I go now, to deflower a virgin and examine her naughty bits in hopes of discerning the wishes of my gods.

Cheers

Murray

**ahem**

Pardon my dropping in, but where in the heck does a NASA physicist named Murray find a virgin who will not only allow him to deflower her but also allow him to, er, examine, her naughty bits?

Just wondering.

[ 05-31-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Master Mumbler,

Although your request is couched in terms seeming civil and denoting curiousity, I discern in it a note of incredulity. Disbelief that the fine and lovely maidens of California are not in fact hotly contesting who shall assist this pagan on his holy quest. Know you not that Murray is a name denoting sweetness and care? Yet we all know physicists to be hairy chested, manly individuals of leonine proportions. Maidens crave in fact this gender reversed whore-madonna complex. They seek me out. They flock to my side.

Perhaps thy briefs are riding a little too high or cutting a wee bit tight of late? I do know that thou lawyerly types are guilty of feeding with a little too much gusto at the trough of life.

Well I am off and away to my home. If needs be I will regale you all with my tails of conquest on the morrow.

Cheers

Murray

Iron Duke,

Give AaronB the win over me.

Only because he brought three 251/16, a battalion of infantry, a dozen FO, four Hetzers, and a partridge in a pear tree, and then lit the entire town on fire. All the while I'm plodding my WEARY buttock to the town.

Of course I've posted the obligitory bug to BTS on why I can't shoot burning building, and that is why I lost. That's it, couldn't be anything else!

Right?

Ahh yes...our very own Pyromaniac has gone and burned the whole bloody town down. smile.gif He sent me a screenshot of the battle and let me tell you, all the world is kindling to him, that reprehensible demoralizer of all that is dry. Welcome to the Second Round sparky! :D

Tblaster

vs------------Harpooner

Harpooner

1)

Treeburst155

Cubes

====================

Pacestick

vs------------Pacestick

R_Leet

2)

mPisi

vs------------mPisi

Jaws

====================

Speedy

vs------------Speedy

Hurricane

3)

Senor Beef

vs------------Senor Beef

Radar

====================

aaronb

vs------------aaronb

Wildman

4)

Jeff Heidman

vs------------Pondscum

Pondscum

====================

Philistine

vs------------Winner

boy_Recon

5)

Greg Clement

vs------------Winner

Gyrene

=====================

Toxicchaos

vs------------labappel

labappel

6)

Stoffel

vs------------Stoffel

Loki

=====================

The Commissar

Sock Monkey

7)

Mlapanzer

vs------------Winner

Chuckle

=====================

Claymore

vs------------Claymore

Carboy

8)

Texas Toast

Stix

=====================

[ 05-31-2001: Message edited by: Iron Duke ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Claymore:

Disbelief that the fine and lovely maidens of California are not in fact hotly contesting who shall assist this pagan on his holy quest.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it was more incredulity that there were any virgins LEFT in California!

smile.gif

MrSpkr

Well, I've managed to pull out a win over Greg by a hair, we had very few turns of actual combat, but what turns were there were very intense and well played Greg, this fight could have gone either way.

On to the next one

Gyrene

Gyrene...well done! A win, no matter how small, is a Win. The Second Round welcomes you.

Tblaster

vs------------Harpooner

Harpooner

1)

Treeburst155

Cubes

====================

Pacestick

vs------------Pacestick

R_Leet

2)

mPisi

vs------------mPisi

Jaws

====================

Speedy

vs------------Speedy

Hurricane

3)

Senor Beef

vs------------Senor Beef

Radar

====================

aaronb

vs------------aaronb

Wildman

4)

Jeff Heidman

vs------------Pondscum

Pondscum

====================

Philistine

vs------------Winner

boy_Recon

5)

Greg Clement

vs------------Gyrene

Gyrene

=====================

Toxicchaos

vs------------labappel

labappel

6)

Stoffel

vs------------Stoffel

Loki

=====================

The Commissar

Sock Monkey

7)

Mlapanzer

vs------------Winner

Chuckle

=====================

Claymore

vs------------Claymore

Carboy

8)

Texas Toast

Stix

=====================

Just 2 more battles to go. Maybe we will make it in time?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

Well, I've managed to pull out a win over Greg by a hair, we had very few turns of actual combat, but what turns were there were very intense and well played Greg, this fight could have gone either way.

On to the next one

Gyrene<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just on my way to report this. Yes it was a very intense 7 turn battle. I haven't seen so much black smoke in such a small area before. In the end, it was mud and fire that were crucial. Excellent battle fought. Good luck and I'll be sure next time to look at the battle parameters before I buy a crack 88 and find out I can only see 140 metres. Ugh.

Greg

So round two is just around the corner now. That's great! I'm ready to dash Harpooner's hopes for my trophy. I suppose just to keep things fair I should go ahead and take the Poles or the Canucks. To really be fair to the rest of you I should actually be using Red Cross nurses. :D

Treeburst155 out.

ATTENTION:

I have notified The Pantages, Caesar's Palace, and the MGM in Las Vegas about the recent crushing defeat of Texas Toast by Claymore in the Rock, Paper, Scissors PBEM match!

It was a 3-0 Victory that had Claymore's triple Paper attack easily smothering Texas Toast's hapless triple Rock defense. :D

Before this event, the Vegas odds were set at 5:3 in favor of Texas Toast, but now are at an even 1:1 and some are calling for 2:1 in favor of the underdog Claymore.

Stay tuned to find out who will win this incredible match up!

well due to unforseen circumstances i'm going to be away from home and unable to complete the tiebreaker match with mlaPanzer.

I am hereby withdrawing giving mlaPanzer the win.

Good luck to all of you in the second round smile.gif

ben.