AKoTM Version 2.0 !!! CONTINUE ALL UPDATES & AAR's HERE!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>originally posted by mlaPanzer:

Now the gamey Bastage :D has brought in a wasp But no fear he is TOAST this turn. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe, my gamey wasp just did one of the most incredible tac ai moves i have ever seen. ordered into a position to overlook the enemy advance the wasp had just finished its move when a shell lands a few feet behind him... the idiot driver promptly takes off at full speed directly towards the enemy... AARRGGHH! i watch as my carefully planned flaming ambush disappears into the darkness and fog. The now AWOL wasp drives forward about 60m (thats a long way in 28m visibility) until it is alongside an until recently contested - now german occupied house, acquires a target, turns under fire and flames the house! instantly torching it and sending the heer running just as the turn ends... LOL, tac ai, you gotta love it...even though the wasp is indeed likely to now be toast.

otherwise the fighting is gritty hand to hand stuff with enemy sp guns in very close support throwing HE at horrifically short ranges. My determined brits (intelligence reports show the hun believe they are attacking french forces) are holding the heer/Fj/whatever-else-he's-got infantry off the VL for the moment, but are paying a high price. This is one tough fight, with everything left to play for.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Claymore:

Well, a brilliant mid-term AAR from my game with Carboy was wiped out by the Great Crash of 2001. Wearily then and in a much more bland style our game has gone as thus:

Deep Mud Map with wooded VL in centre

Claymore: Axis Carboy: Yanks

Noting that we have very slow movement rates and very dodgey LOS from setup zones for artillery spotters I purchased 3xGreen 201mm Rickets and 2xGreen 150mm Rickets. With the width of the map and the slow advance of any Allied units the simultaneous arrival the artillery should (and did) take the starch out of anything Carboy was planning.

I filled out my kit with 4xCrack Hetzers, 2xVet 234/2, 6xREG Fusilier Platoons, 2x 37mm FLAK and 1xCRACK 75mm ATG.

Carboy appears to have taken Shermans, 2 companies of infantry and an artillery spotter of the larger variety.

The game stands now at Turn 12. Carboy appears to have had his infantry decimated by the ricket barrage. What armour didn't bog or bug out from the rickets was quickly put down by the Hetzers. I had one PSW bog in the mud but all other units are now overwatching the VL which is occupied by the two companies of Fusiliers.

German casualties: 12 men

Allied Casualties: at least 3 tanks and 2 companies of infantry.

I expect the game to end very shortly.

Cheers

Claymore<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So this is the thing. in one barrage of rockets I lost 3 M10's a platoon and 2 machine guns (one shell) a platoon (one rocket) an M10 becam immoblized (on a road no less) another platoon (one shell) a HQ and 2 bazooks that were advancing to challenge his left flank armor (one shell) another platoon (one shell) the last shell missed what little i had left.

my units were for the most part moving through cover and were spread out. When did BTS find time to model MLRS rockets. That was the single most destructive (and accurate rockt deploymment) turn i have ever seen, and i have played over 100 games in the last year. The asstional brrages have keep me pinned and un focused.

NUTS

-ray (aka CarBoy)

Guest PondScum

I ground out a bloody tactical victory against Jeff Heidman's American forces last night, 61-26 with the flag still contested at the end. After losing his armor to ambushes in the rain and the "what do you mean, load tungsten?" AI bug, there wasn't really much doubt about the outcome. It was only a question of how many casualties his veterans would inflict on me as I closed on the VL, and the answer was "quite a lot". My left flank attack withered under a combination of artillery, howitzer fire, and an engineer charge, my right flank also took a beating from an artillery barrage that he called down virtually on top of his own defenders, but my three mobile Panthers carried the day. My thanks to Jeff for a hard-fought battle - and if he'd remembered to buy transport vehicles for his guns, I could have been in real trouble :D

Pondscum,

congratulations on your battle. From what I hear Heidman is no pushover, so if in-fact that was your 2nd PBEM, you must have some natural ability as a leader and a tactician. That, you cannot teach. Welcome to the Second Round.

Please see updated bracket.

Tblaster

vs------------Harpooner

Harpooner

1)

Treeburst155

vs------------Treeburst155

Cubes

====================

Pacestick

vs------------Pacestick

R_Leet

2)

mPisi

vs------------Winner

Jaws

====================

Speedy

vs------------Speedy

Hurricane

3)

Senor Beef

vs------------Senor Beef

Radar

====================

aaronb

vs------------Winner

Wildman

4)

Jeff Heidman

vs------------Pondscum

Pondscum

====================

Philistine

vs------------Winner

boy_Recon

5)

Greg Clement

vs------------Winner

Gyrene

=====================

Toxicchaos

vs------------labappel

labappel

6)

Stoffel

vs------------Stoffel

Loki

=====================

The Commissar

vs------------Winner

Sock Monkey

7)

Mlapanzer

vs------------Winner

Chuckle

=====================

Claymore

vs------------Winner

Carboy

8)

Texas Toast

vs------------Texas Toast

Stix

=====================

[ 05-25-2001: Message edited by: Iron Duke ]

Guest PondScum

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Heidman:

For a guy who *claims* this was only his 2nd PBEM (what, have you been playing TCP/IP instead?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only the second PBEM game I've started, and the first one I've finished :D (the other is an ongoing and nightmarish infantry slog against Berli). And no TCP/IP yet - given the adrenaline rush I get from a simple email turn arriving, I fear what direct network connectivity would do to my heart...

In a flurry of email turns, the tiebreaker is over. mPisi's gaminess pays off, despite losing a hull-down JPZ-IV/70, front upper hull penetration, to a Jackson at 700+ yards, as his four 37mm AA halftracks knock out Jaws's two MG Jeeps, and keep his 3xJackson and 1xM10 bottled up(?) behind a hill. Not only are the halftracks hard to kill, but their crew of 8 (all alive even after a hit and catastrophic death from a Jackson) makes it easier to clear out the jeep crews. Axis minor victory, 63-37.

Good game, Jaws!

Ah, well my worthy adversary, The Commissar beat me, but in a fit of madness decided to surrender anyway. I'm sure when he sees the endgame revealed map he'll suffer bouts of denial and rage before he settles down to a depressed acceptance. Never underestimate the demoralizing effect of snow, rain, and (seemingly) endless artillery. Despite the fact that he's smarter, wittier, and a better player than myself, I'll enjoy his spot in the second round of the tournament. Darwin, somewhere, is rolling in his grave.

Commissar -- what were you thinking?!?!

To Mlapanzer or Chuckle, whoever I end up Thunderdoming, I encourage you to please take as long as you like winning your first round game so as to incur the maximum possible delay penalty. Just remember -- two men enter, one man leaves! :D

[ 05-26-2001: Message edited by: Sock Monkey ]

mPisi and I have fought the tiebreak. Congratulations mPisi. But.. I've learned... the next battle you have to try an other trick to take that flag. Yes and about the 3x m36 and 1x m10.. That realy was stupid.

It was your last gamble ..and you won it.

Played well mPisi.

Jaws

Good Hunting

:D

Well, well, well...what do we have here? mPisi and Sock Monkey...Come on down! You're the next contestants on the Asskicking is Right!

One thing I want to remind everyone...as in Love...in War, there are no rules. Game on.

Please see updated bracket.

Tblaster

vs------------Harpooner

Harpooner

1)

Treeburst155

vs------------Treeburst155

Cubes

====================

Pacestick

vs------------Pacestick

R_Leet

2)

mPisi

vs------------mPisi

Jaws

====================

Speedy

vs------------Speedy

Hurricane

3)

Senor Beef

vs------------Senor Beef

Radar

====================

aaronb

vs------------Winner

Wildman

4)

Jeff Heidman

vs------------Pondscum

Pondscum

====================

Philistine

vs------------Winner

boy_Recon

5)

Greg Clement

vs------------Winner

Gyrene

=====================

Toxicchaos

vs------------labappel

labappel

6)

Stoffel

vs------------Stoffel

Loki

=====================

The Commissar

vs------------Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey

7)

Mlapanzer

vs------------Winner

Chuckle

=====================

Claymore

vs------------Winner

Carboy

8)

Texas Toast

vs------------Texas Toast

Stix

=====================

Well now I have somehow fought to a draw with Chuckles. So we will be getting right to the tie breaker.Which will probably end up making us a a few days late. :(

Now for the AAR.What a nasty fight in the fog at night.I tried to put up a picket across the map and moved out. As it turned out Chuckles sent most of his troops to the VF. I got one of his Churchill's early on with a Panzerfaust. :cool: The game really reached atomic proportions the last 5 turns of the game when I attacked the VF from 3 sides. Tanks and armored cars and infantry we're running right bye each other in the fog. There was no tactics really just one big bloody malee. It was pandamonium.

At the end I had a PZ4 on one side of the VF and he had a Churcill immobilized on the otherside they couldn't see each other.

Fortunatly for me The game ended when it did. I don't think I could have held out another turn or 2.

--------

It's good to be at the top of the food chain.

Mlapanzer vs Chuckle

we fought to a bloody draw in the heavy fog at night, it was...evil. The end map shows our units standing in amongst eachother around a greyed out flag. Given more time i may have eeked out a tactical victory, but my churchills were having a hard time locating the enemy armour - and my Brit infantry's stiff upper lips were definitely quivering...

one question - to do a 10 turn tiebreaker do we submit ceasefire requests at turn 10? 20 turns is the lowest you can go in a QB.

we'll try and wrap this up ASAP.

ben.

Chuckle/Mlapanzer...expect a tie breaker map from me shortly. Remember the tie breaker rules:

500 points

All Armor/Vehicles...NO infantry/arty, support of any kind.

Small map

May '45

Otherwise, everything else is the same...make your purchases/send them to me...etc.

ATTENTION: Everyone

I have been busy this weekend with chores/etc...I am extending the 1st round by a week...so the DUE DATE for the 1st round is now 3JUN01.

Please try to have all your battles done by that date.

Out.

Ok, just cause Im out of the tourney for this month (or would that be the next 3 months, Duke? ;) ) doesn't mean I don't want to hear some kick-ass AAR's! Come on, let's here some tie-breaker carnage! Wooohooo! AKoTM RULZ!!

*ahem*

Sorry bout that, day off of skool and edumacation so im a bit excited. :D

It is turn 13 of 20, Greg and I have finally spotted each other's forces one turn ago.

That will leave us 7 hectic turns to finish this thing.

So far my single gamey purchase of a 76 Jumbo has payed off by killing his Crack-crewed Tiger and a PSW and now will turn its attention to Greg's infantry caught out in the open.

The low visibilty makes any infantry encounter hectic, and the deep mud made driving a Jumbo over hilly roads towards the VL a heart attack inducing ride.

Gyrene

ATTENTION: All battles still incomplete.

On 3JUN we will of had 3 weeks to complete the first round...a 20 turn battle. :rolleyes: I do believe that is more than enough time even with the American Holiday. So...

Anyone not done by 3JUN01 WILL recieve a 200 point penalty that will be applied to their next rounds' battle PER DAY past the DUE DATE.

If you have any concerns, bitches, gripes, complaints, please bring them up now as I will be unforgiving come Sunday.

...Have a nice day! :D

Chuckles where are you haven't heard from you in 2 days! :(

We had started the tie breaker but I haven't heard from Chucles since 5/29 It is now 5/31. I sent back the turn that same day a few hours later. Then sent a message yesterday that hasn't been returned. :(

:(:(

Whats a guy to do???

--------

It's good to be at the top of the food chain.

We're almost done, it's turn 18.

My Jumbo is gone, thanks to 2 P-shrecks, which seem to have set their own building on fire, giving my troops something to shoot at as they ran out.

A little flame hetzer has been giving me trouble on the other side of the battle.

Gyrene