This is the best wargame, ever

Unlike Close Combat, where you rush those Tigers into the front of the line, and have them anhilate EVERYTHING. I played the demo, and tried to rush a StugIII into a team of Infantry. It died a horrible death in less than 10 seconds from a hail a grenades and bazookas.

I don't think I can wait 12 days for the full version to arrive. When it arrives, I'm going to take a month's vacation from work :D

Guest Seimerst

Welcome to a very dedicated "family" of CM'ers. You have indeed discovered the best tactical WWII war game ever. Enjoy the journey.

Another converter from Close Combat. I played CC2 myself and I rarely play it anymore. That 2-D aspect is hard to go back to. Once in awhile I will return for the real time play and the chance to use one of those Hetzerflammen's to wreak havoc on my enemy. Still trying to get used to the idea that in the real world, (CM), flame tanks were not this deadly. Repeat after me now...suppression...suppression

Have fun with the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YECoyote:

I hope I will be able to play in better graphic mode than that dinky 640x480 resolution from the demo.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I play at 1280x960. The game will run at whatever resolution your desktop is at. I wish the game allowed you to set game resolution seperately.

You can.

Set your desktop to whatever your max resolution is. Erase your CM config file.

When you start CM again, the dialogue will pop up ask you for your resolution. It will start at your desktop resolution, and then work its way down. Select what you want, and then exit. Reset your desktop to whatever resolution you prefer.

Next time you start CM, you will run at the resolution chosen, and not your desktop resolution.

I think.

Jeff Heidman

Jeff, that works until you restart your computer. Once you restart CM will go through the pref settings again if you made your desktop resolution lower than your CM resolution. There is a program out there that lets you run programs at other resolutions, but I can't recall the name of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YECoyote:

Unlike Close Combat, where you rush those Tigers into the front of the line, and have them anhilate EVERYTHING. I played the demo, and tried to rush a StugIII into a team of Infantry. It died a horrible death in less than 10 seconds from a hail a grenades and bazookas.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Usually my guys tend to fire rockets at the tanks with bazookas, as just throwing them tends to penetrate less.

Close Combat is a game whereas CMBO is a simulation. Big difference. You found that out when you sent a tank into the midst of infantry. That might cut it in a game but in a simulation that trys to reflect real-world outcomes that action will always be suicidal.

There are a few facets from CC2/3 that I absolutely loved and wished CM would get something like it for operations campaigns. In CC you got a roster of your units and names of individual men in each squad/vehicle/team. Kept track of kills, acts of bravery/cowardice/etc. Also, you get to see medals awarded and see slow improvements in your men. It made you gnash your teeth when you lost that Panzergrenadier squad that you've baby sat since the beginning of Operation Market Garden in CC2 (which was the best of the series).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MoJo:

Welcome aboard YECoyote, your life will change dramatically afte you receive the full version smile.gif

-MoJo

(PS Scooter, is that really you? This is Drifter, if it is you then send me an email)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope so. There has to be a reason for existence. Maybe this game will give me the answer to the meaning of life.

Fishu,

I played Steel Panther, as well as Pansie General. Didn't think much of them either. I think I have outgrown hex-based/turn-based strategy games.

Yes, Steel Panthers was the closest thing to Squad Leader or ASL, and as a simulation, it is/was second to none. But CM, with the ability for you to get right on the ground with your troops and view in real-time what happens through time...aaahhhh! How can I return to that top down moving hex by hex game? Well, I can't really.

Senor beef: If they ran out of shells maybe they were trying to get the thing stuck in the tracks????? smile.gif Wish my troops were that resourceful LOL!

Anywho welcome YECoyote to the best military game I have ever played. I sugges taking a breath every once in awhile. Especially when you play experienced players online. There may be nights you want to smash your own troops for being retarded pansies but remember. There will always be tommorrow smile.gif

Gen

welcome aboard!

I hate this game because I can't stop

playing this game for months or years!^^

And there are too many mods mods and mods

whooa! Just don't forget to say goodbye

to your ordinary life (I forgot and my mom

call 119(korean 911 ^^)

Welcome!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fishu:

Coyote,

You haven't tried Steel Panthers series yet, those are good ones too smile.gif

Classics!

and its still kicking along with Combat Mission.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent game indeed.In spite that I prefer the 3D experience of CM and that the 2D graphic of SP looks rather flat when compare to CM ,Steel Panthers is the only game since CM that really succeeded to seduce me.

Yesterday evening I played the same scenario with both games( A second job Vossnack designed by Wild Bill for both games ).It was a different experience but both had something in common :both are high quality tactical games.

Crockett