asking about the game plz answer

hi all,

i just orderd the game a week ago, i just like this game !!! but i want to know ===

-Whats incloud in the game : THE CD ;) hwo mutch CD's is the game or is it just one??? en like is there a book with information of is there a big book with pictures about this game ect......

- i'm living in belgium, i want to know who mutcj langer i have TO wait on the game ? its now for a week eny idee? about that...... i hope that you know where belgium is ? tongue.gif

en the book is it big or is it a page or 10?? for the money that it cost.... but the game is that good, i mean the missions e. are there original maps inclouded? like in the movie saving prived ryne : like that we have to protect the bridge ect ..... ( or something like that ) i hope i did a good deal to buy this... ?

sorry for the poor english ..... :confused:

Wel ALL know where Belgium is. There was a little battle fought there. smile.gif From your questions you have asked I think CM is a little different than what you are expecting, but I am sure you will enjoy it. There are no maps of the battles included with the game, but you could probably refer to historical maps because the scenarios are very well designed. Not all the scenarios are historical. Some are fictional and some are created with random maps. Most of the battles are very small and maps aren't really needed. Some people zoom out the screen as far as it will go and take a screen shot which they then print out and use as a map.

Edit: After re-reading your posts, I think I misunderstood what you meant by maps. There are no printed maps included, but some of maps on which the battles are fought are very well designed and are based on real terrain, so in a sense they are real maps. I think that is what you meant.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Pvt. Ryan ]</p>

As our national postal service is going through some social unrest at this juncture, my fellow countryman's trepidation is not wholly unwarranted.

But fret ye not. I'm sure Madmatt will be sympathetic to your plight should your CD end up embedded in the skull of a picket fighting policeman.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:

en the book is it big or is it a page or 10?? for the money that it cost.... but the game is that good, i mean the missions e. are there original maps inclouded? like in the movie saving prived ryne : like that we have to protect the bridge ect ..... ( or something like that ) i hope i did a good deal to buy this... ?

sorry for the poor english ..... :confused: <hr></blockquote>

The book is 160some pages of glorious wargaming lore. Is the game good? HA! HA I say. You have just purchased the greatest wargame ever invented. Yes, the game comes with a metric buttload of missions & operations, not to mention the fact that there are a zillion you can download on the 'net or make your own with the scenario editor.

Hee,hee wait till the mods get their clutches on you

So yes, you have done a very good deal. Now get ready to surrender your soul. I hope you enjoyed your social life, cuz it's never coming back.

Hitman,

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO FIRST!

In your previous posts, you seemed to be sort of confused as to how this game really played. So I suggest that you download the demo before you go throwing away money on a game that might not be up your alley.

Mind you, this game is excellent. If you have any interest in managing anything from a platoon to a reinforced battalion of men in a 3d setting on the Western front of the Second World War, you will like this game. Maybe love it, like many on these boards (myself included) do.

Still, to be safe (and to get used to the game controls while waiting for the game), download the demo here:

http://www.battlefront.com/cmdemo.html

I ordered the game as an Xmas present last week and it was in my mailbox in 3 days (shipped inside the U.S.). So your copy is no doubt in the post and being delivered.

The manual is very thick, very thorough, and very fun to read. No glossy color though. No fancy box.

When it come don't forget to download the game to your PC and NOT try playing off the CD (though you need the CD in the drive to get the game to work).

Try the scenario 'A Walk in Paris' first. I love that city map.

"Chance Encounter" might also be a pretty nice one to start out with -- manageable size, fair mix of units, and not nearly as capable of inducing massive frustration as, oh, "All or Nothing". For a little more stress, there's the, er, "Grosbeek Ridge" or something like that -- a short American attack on a small German force. Probably mangled the name of that one; it's been a while. "Aachen" is good for a short mostly-infantry urban fight.

And "Sherbrooke Fusiliers" as the Allies is interesting for disturbing the neighbors when you first see what's headed your way.

Oh, and, er, you might want to start browsing mods now. There's a LOT to choose from and download, and presumably your bandwidth and time are finite... smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mud:

For a little more stress, there's the, er, "Grosbeek Ridge" or something like that --<hr></blockquote>

That one's pretty easy to win against the AI. And if it were just 2 or 3 minutes longer it would be a walkover.

It's kind of funny because Lt. Wilson (who was the Comapany Co) was on that ridge with his company getting chewed up for hours, but in the scenario it's all supposed to be over in 10 minutes.

Hi, welcome...

Start here for mods http://www.combatmission.com/

it's realy just a question of your taste...

Then go here for scenarios http://www.derkessel.de/ ,there are many other good CM web pages...just look into the links of both these pages.

...By the way, if you want to easy find human oponents for PBEM or TCPIP games, maybe you can also be interested in these ladders: http://www.rugged-defense.nl/ and http://tournamenthouse.com/ , again there are others...

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: Tanaka ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hitman:

one more asking : was it not silly to order COMBAT MISSION ? because BB will be soon out?, but i sa it to late ;) <hr></blockquote>

Radar is right. Not at all silly.

CMBO is West Front only. CMBB East Front. The latter will be an improved product, but there will still be plenty of people who like playing in the fields of France hills of Germany and other funny little countries in the middle. ;)