What have you bought because of CM?

I have bought 19 books because of CM and this board.

And my gf bought me the Ultimate Soldiers XD (Extreme Detail) 1/18th scale Panther..

I have another 10 books on my waiting list and Im eyeing the sherman and the stuart tanks as well.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Guest Rommel22

Hey,

Can I get the "Ultimate soldier XD" at toys'rus or where do you guys get those from?

I saw a post on it and a website, was that toys'rus? Is that where I would get those??

I still build models though I have a 1/32 scale t34/85 panzer iv, panzer iii, tiger, panther A, and a kv-II all 1/32 scale. No working on su-100.

I was interested in wwii befor combat mission so, my combat mission purchase was a result of my wwii interests and cause I play games!

I have some 20 books on wwii alone.

Power Mac G4 w/192 RAM - OOUUCCHH!! Demo worked great on my old Mac but I wanted something peppier for the CD.

To Read:

"A Bridge To Far" Cornelius Ryan

"Panzer Battles" von Mellenthin

"The Forgotten Soldier" Guy Sajer

"A Generals Life" Bradely

To Wear:

Royal Dutch Artillary Red Barret while I'm playing the Allies

Grey Geburgsjager Bergmütz Cap with Edelwise insignia while playing the Axis

I bought the three Burgett books as well as Closing with the Enemy (which Charles and Steve should get printing rights for and just call it "Combat Mission Strategy Guide") and my two 1:6 21st Century Toys troopers (101 trooper in Normany and Panzer Grenedier) both augmented with stuff from spare weapons packs... my 101st guy has a .45 (painted silver like Burett's) and a Lugar.

Been thinking about getting that M5 to let the Panzer Grenadier have something to shoot that 'faust at...

------------------

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" - G.W. Bush, January 2000

[This message has been edited by Compassion (edited 10-19-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey iggi was it worth the $29 ?

Tell us about the vids<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought it today so it has not arrived yet. What interests me is that the films are "five original Nazi newsreels from 1941 to 1945." So there won't be the allied slant to events. Of course there should be a German slant but that should give the film a little omph smile.gif. We'll see.

I've bought an entrenching tool. You see, sometimes when I lock the view to a unit in the middle of an arty barrage, I hit the deck and try digging a foxhole, and it's really hard doing that with just fingernails. The linolium under my chair is all scratched up now, thanks to CM. frown.gif

------------------

Charon doesn't make change.

Guest Shatter50

I have bought a new computer as well as had my Grandfather who is a German Vet of WWII tell some stories of his tales. I have heard them before when I was just a boy but now that I am 24 he added some gruesome details he probably left out because I was young.

Well I have purchased a new GeForce 2 card for mod graphics (very satisfied I might add).

Kelly's Heroes DVD . . . Goes without saying

WWII DVD Collection from Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004TS0M/103-5836667-6542258 . . . Not shipped yet

Book on Armor Tactics . . .

I have lost: sleep, productivity at work, and respect as an adult from my wife.

All in all a fair trade.

Zach Glazar

PowerBook G3-400 (Pismo) for Mobile Wargamming

A number of books including "Seven Roads to Hell", "German squad tactics of WW2", "German panzer tactics of WW2", etc.

Video like "Winter War", "Stalingard", "Das Boot", etc.

Look very bad on my credit card bill...

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again frown.gif

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 10-20-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mother Theresa:

[ba box of aluminum foil to give my shermans some more armor.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was to protect them from the alien transmissions.

------------------

Slayer of the Original Cesspool Thread.

I have currently bought 4 off an 8 vudeo series that documents German Panzers of WW2.

They contain rare footage( After Villers-bocage, Sturmtiger firing, 88mm firing while still limbered etc...)

The price is $45 in Australia, but well worth it.

Check them out here:http://www.ihffilm.com/ihf/diedeutpange.html

[This message has been edited by mfred (edited 10-20-2000).]

Let's see... 14 issues of Swank, three of Club Confidential, 1240 ounces of malt liquor, one pair of fuzzy dice, 10 cans of spray deodorant, and 2 jars of Prego Chunky Style.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.