You guys are sellouts!

Guest Big Time Software

"Beyond Joe"... I like it smile.gif

Thanks for the support everybody. To be serious about CM2 preorders, we aren't taking any until we are about to ship. The length of time between now and shipping means a lot of bad addresses, credit cards, requests for changes, etc. We really needed to take CM preorders for various reasons, but now that we are "established" we no longer have to. So for the next one we will open up preorders just before we go into production so we will know how many to have produced in the first run.

Thanks,

Steve

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall also add my congrats on. I ordered the game the Friday before release, and had my copy 8 days later, so I am glad I got mine before the sellout!

AS far as our hobby goes, reports of its death were apparently much exaggerated!

CM2-When Titans Clashed. Ask for David Glantzs permission first though...

Jeff Heidman

Darn!! I just ordered mine last night and this morning I see they sold the first run out. Oh well, now I can suffer some of that dreaded postal envy much like those who preordered and didn't receive it as fast as their buddies did. smile.gif BTS, please make sure the postal priority sticker is on the package. I recently ordered my last computer - Monitor got here to Skagway, AK in two days Priority mail. smile.gif I got excited, expected to see computer next day. No computer; called company, was told it shipped day before monitor. confused.gif Anyway, waited 21 days for computer to show up. frown.gif Package has every postal label you can imagine except one - Priority Mail. Error by the shipping post office clerk-Postage amount charged was for Priority mail mad.gif. Now becomes parcel post which comes to Skagway by barge from Seattle instead of aircraft. Anyway, you learn to wait patiently up here (foggy- planes don't fly, too windy-planes don't fly, and if the planes don't fly your mail may sit in Juneau 90 miles away for a couple of days before they remember to put it on the ferry.

Congrats to Steve and Charles on HUGE sales! I said CM was going to be

a hit because of it's unparalleled realism, great graphics, great sound

and an interface that is a dream come true. I'm so very glad to see that

I was right about that. smile.gif My other prediction was that CM would win

Wargame of the Year honors from Computer Gaming World as well as

any other gaming magazine worth reading. I'm looking forward to seeing

that come true as well. smile.gif It just goes to show what a dedication to

the finest quality in design can do. And, of course, the SUPERB support

given to the fans. A new legendary name in wargames has been born,

and it is called Big Time Software. smile.gif

CM2, here we come! Woohoo!!

Yes, I'll chime in with everyone else in congratulating BTS.

Speaking of pre-ordering CM2, I was curious about any plans for another "incentive" to pre-order CM2, 3, etc., as in, say, another cool poster. smile.gif I think it would be neat if BTS would keep with the theme of that particular CM version. For example, for CM3 covering the war in North Africa, something along the lines of Rommel's Afrika Korps surveying the remains of some British forces. wink.gif

Mike

I'm so happy for you BTS. Three cheers for the little guys!

I think I'm gonna cry frown.gif

NOT biggrin.gif

This is a good day. It would be even better if I had CM in my hot little hands!

Perhaps tomorrow?

I love you BTS biggrin.gif

Oh my god, I having an affair with a software company.

smile.gif

Woody

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

...MUCH higher than expected demand has caused us to run out of stock. We had made some "rosey" sales predictions (or so we thought!) and they were blown away by a factor of about 5 or 6...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does that old saying go? "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the public."

Or is it, "If you build it, they will come"?

Congrats, guys!

This is really great news, and well deserved! Thanks BTS for a WONDERFUL game!

I must have made it in just under the wire. I ordered after work on Thursday, and my bank received the credit card debit today, so it must have shipped on Saturday. Gee, I'm not usually this lucky! biggrin.gif

John-SJ

I will add my voice to the group here to say well done BTS. A more exhuberant outburst will be forthcoming onece I have actually received my preorder her in Oz.

My offer still stands to pre-order stock for the IPO.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Steve and Charles:

I am delighted but not surprised by the response of the wargaming community to CM. When I saw a comment made about CM on an SP thread I investigated. That weekend, in Nov '99, I retired my 486 PC and bought my P3/500. I had been waiting for a reason to upgrade and CM was it. Everything BTS promised was delivered. Please let me also say thank you to the families of BTS who must have endured more than a few empty weekends while the BTS team was busy making wargame history.

My Sincere Thanks,

Mark Ezra

Congratulations guys!!!I knew CM was gonna be BIG!! REALLY BIG!!! Just think what this board is going to be like as thousands more

tune in and turn on.Your game has truly raised the bar on what kind of game I will plunk my money down on. You guys have saved me alot of money. If you think CM was well received just wait for CM2.The Russians had lots of nice toys too!

------------------

Cry Havoc!and let slip the dogs of war

Congrats gentlemen, I am glad to see superior workmanship and customer support still have a place in today's market. I am one of the lucky ones who got "the first batch" and it has not left my CD-ROM drive yet(and probably won't for a long time!)

------------------

No matter where you go, there you are.

Great job on a great game. In my opinion, CM is the best wargame I've ever played.

This sends a great message to the major game makers about the demand for wargames--they haven't sold because most of them weren't very good.

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Congratulations guys. You have EARNED it, and I am glad to see a little outfit like BTS blow the doors off of the large corporations.. smile.gif