The next game you will buy after CM

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up Combat Flight Sim 2 last night and played with it for awhile... it's been awhile since I played a flight sim but I really enjoyed it. Even on my lowly P2-300 the graphics were pretty sweet.

Next game I buy will probably be Starfleet Command 2, but I'm looking forward to a good WWII sub sim so Silent Hunter 2 is on my list too.

------------------

“Thus, the M4A3E8(76)W designation meant a tank with an official Mortality of 4 minutes, Actually 3 minutes, cost Extra, and had a 76% chance of going WHOOSH." - Bullethead

Guest dirkd1976

I gotta say Team Fortress 2. I need a break from all the plotting and planning for a little good ole shoot em up. I heard it was supposed to be released at the beginning of this year, but it got pushed back until December or something stupid like that. Frustrating. Oh well, I've got CM to keep me warm on those cold winter nights...

Never mistake motion for action. -Erenst Hemingway

[This message has been edited by dirkd1976 (edited 10-18-2000).]

Pike: No Urban Ops in the UK yet? That's a heck of a delay, sir. Clancy's latest, Covert Ops is even out here in Canada.

Urban Ops is certainly worth getting when it arrives. Very replayable (and for some reason Rogue Spear runs twice as well on my system since installing UO).

GAFF

I can't wait for B-17 Flying Fortress 2. Not since Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe has there been a game where you could take on any role in one of those things.

I'm anxious to get back into that tail gunner seat and knock fighters out of the sky.

------------------

Yeah, but in Close Combat...

Guest dirkd1976

Hey Ice,

I was going to pick up Covert Ops too, but I read two REALLY bad reviews of it. So I decided to save my money. Heres a link to one of them.

http://www.dailyradar.com/reviews/game_review_931.html

Daily Radar gave it a "Miss". I haven't actually played it, so I can't say from first hand experience, but I say save your money.

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

-Already bought Shrapnel's Steel Beasts. Well worth it.

-I WAS considering Age of Sail II (Akella, published through TalonSoft), but with TalonBorg's recent conduct, not likely (until it hits the bargain bin).

-Perhaps Panzer Campaigns 3 by HPS would be good too.

-DEFINITELY have high hopes for Breakaway's "Waterloo" based on the Sid Meier's Gettysburg (SMG) engine.

-And maybe also Combat Command 2: Danger Forward by Shrapnel.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ice:

Covert Ops is next up for me. Any opinions? I know it only has a handful of new missions but are they any good?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have it. Made the mistake of not reading up on it before getting it. THREE lousy missions for $40. What a rip off. THere's a few lame training missions too.

Stay away!