How often do you actually play CM each day?

Hey,

I have played one QB every day since I got the game; I have played 7 of the packaged scenarios, 1 of WBW's scenarios (Ramelle), and have been slammed in 3 PBEMs so far, won 1, and have 3 ongoing. I have managed to get in 2 hotseat games as well. I do most of my forum reading from work since I can't exactly play from here... frown.gif

At night I also pop into the CMHQ chat for a bit to see what everyone is up to. My wife is a CM widow now (she is used to losing me to games though). Of course, CM has also got me reading WWII stuff now. My library is already growing... And she thought I had a lot of books on WWI! Ha! wink.gif

Now, I just need to convince my wife that $300.00 on books is not a problem...

Reaper

I have about 10 Pbem games going on at any

given time and will play every night.

On weekends even more,playing Pbem games

and creating maps, etc.

Well I guess this makes me a CMAddict,but

this is a great game.

Mike

Deadline

------------------

"My honor is Life both grow as one, take honor

from me and my life is done."

used to play couple of hours a day but dont do that in a week now. Between work and the market (made a couple K yesterday) , there is no time.

I bet some people spend more time redoing paint schemes or posting or reading here than playing.

I have to have the gfriend out tha house when I play.

Lewis

I play way too much and am totally addicted. I'm losing sleep because I can't stop playing every nite. I have a few PBEM games going plus I like to brush up on my tactics againts the AI so I can hopefully beat a human someday. My live-in girlfriend is pissed, lack of attention and she says I sit in front of the computer way too much. I think, what's the difference if I"m sitting in front of the computer or flopped on the couch watching something stupid and mindless on the TV. At least with CM I"m using my wits. I've always loved wargames, but this is the game I've been looking for my whole life. It's great and you can't get sick of it because each battle is different in terrain, weather, objectives, and units. And even if you made a carbon copy of a battle the happenings and end result will be different because different things happen out there. You may miss/hit a shot that could change everything. I've been late to work every day this week because of CM, hey Big Time Software - u hiring????

CM Anonmous

I am retired and should have all kinds of

time to play but I don't. Yes I get wrapped

up to much in reading CM message boards

downloading Mods from CMHQ.and some new

scenarios when posted. I have a slower cp

at 233 with 64 ram and 3D monster board.

So I have to stick with size 5 or 6 scenarios. takes some much time to load a big

map. I will try out a new scenario or play

a Quick battle about once a day.

Never have tried a PBEM yet.

Also have been reading two WW2 books by

Stephene E.Ambrose from my local Library

Band of Brothers and Citizens Soldier.

Good Books

Have a good one

Lane

7 PBEM's going now, that's about the usual amount.

Usually I also do a quick battle a day.

Makes for 4-6 hours per day.

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

I have 5 pbem games going, and on some evenings, the moves come in fastger than I can reply. I play about 4 or five hours a day, but when moves are not coming in and I have read the forums, I watch a bit of TV.

The bad news is that my wife has started to take classes on using a PC eek.gif

Henri

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

I keep it turned on in the background. My system has two monitors and CM politely clears the way, so I just keep it on unless I have to render a video. Every couple of hours when a PBEM turn comes in I take my break, drink my water and eat some bread, then play the turn.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you get bread -and- water?! wow. some people get everything smile.gif

only a few turns a day on weekdays. not much more on weekends because i still do lots of experiments vs the AI

Have 8 pbem's going. Process usually 1-3 games in AM before work [somehow still mange to feed dogs and get them outside -eventually] then after about 8-9pm can get back to CM. Ususally have full complement of turns, and often, if timing matches up can have several exchanges durng the evening. Midnight has been about it since I got the game. Often manage a few turns on a scenario or two while waiting. Check the forum and CMHQ from work and during evening. As was noted, rather this than watching Regis on "Millionaire"

I'm a computer operator here at NORAD. When nobody's looking, I shut down the Los Angeles Missile defence grid and devote the entire mainframe to PBEMs. I currently have 373,454 games going simultaneously. Sometimes, on a slow day, I'll shut down Salt Lake City as well and play Diablo II. (who needs Utah?)

To my opponents -please zip your files. You keep crashing the system and leaving the entire free world defenseless while I reboot.

Hi all!

I have 3 PBEM's playing at the moment (only because I haven't had more

invites). I just got the full version a little over a week ago. Croaker

(thanks) introduced me to my first PBEM last weekend and I've been consumed

ever since! While I'm waiting for the next turn to show up (with email in

the background, waiting for the little sound bite to play signaling a new

incoming turn) I occupy my time playing the AI. I've downloaded all of Wild

Bill's scenario's from the advice I've read on this forum (it's all true!

gotta get 'em!) and I'm going down the scenario list in order. I'm just

finishing up Chambois. I play both sides per scenario, always Allies first.

When an email signals it's presence, I save my current scenario and get

right on my next PBEM move, to return to the scenario following my email

delivery. I figure I play at least 6 hours a night on weeknights (because I work 8-12 hours a day) and on

weekends I play.... let's see, what's 2 times 24???? The other night I

actually slept next to my computer with the sound turned up way loud so I

would be awakened by my next incoming email turn... Am I sick, or what???

I'm only on the forum while I'm here at work. I can't play the game, so I

keep up with what's going on. Sorry, but I don't have time for the forum

when I have the opportunity to game... Dumped the wife of 17 years a few

years ago because she didn't understand my need to game (among other things)

and I'm in between girlfriends (the last one actually thought I should spend

every night with her instead of gaming... ?!?!? haha. I must say this is

one of the most intelligent, coherent, cognizant boards I've ever had the

pleasure to be a part of... Great game!... Steve... Charles... (with an

assist from Wild Bill and MadMatt) I hate you all!!!! (NO smiley used in

interests of making this a more serious post.. otherwise, insert smiley

here....)

------------------

"Some of the TRUE NAMES are BIG MACS and some are SMALL FRIES. Much larger

points are awarded for exposing the BIG MACS, but some points are available

for SMALL FRIES. BIG MACS are famous people on the Internet--people that no one

would expect have snakes and tentacles, or have media stories written about

them. Massive points are awarded for BIG MAC exposures."

--info-futures@world.std.com

Pretty funny, Jadayne. That's about how I am at work with the forum wink.gif I used to play a few QB's a few +PBEM's each week. Now, I only have time for my 2-3 PBEM's and maybe 1 or 2 QB's/scenarios against the AI each week. Damned work! I probably spend more time checking the forum at work while I'm waiting on the computer to do its work...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

I'm a computer operator here at NORAD. When nobody's looking, I shut down the Los Angeles Missile defence grid and devote the entire mainframe to PBEMs. I currently have 373,454 games going simultaneously. Sometimes, on a slow day, I'll shut down Salt Lake City as well and play Diablo II. (who needs Utah?)

To my opponents -please zip your files. You keep crashing the system and leaving the entire free world defenseless while I reboot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey tell your superviser if they will hire a 15 year old who is willing to work for miminum wage! WoW 373,000 games going at one time! I wish that were actually possible! biggrin.gif

I play for about 3 to 4 hours a day, plus just started to play PBEM. Enjoying playing a human for a change. I have played a couple of hot seats, but so far I enjoy playing the scenarios made by others and designing my own to post for others to share and enjoy. Recently I have been testing a lot of scenarios and that has proven to be a great experience too.

BTW, it is good to Know that Norad is in good hands. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Victory smiles upon those who anticipate the changes in the character of war, not upon those who wait to adapt themselves after they occur."

General Guilio Douhet