Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBN BP2 has a release date

25 minutes ago, jtsjc1 said:

This is a dumb question but I don't play CMBN on steam. Will it be available for purchase and download from BF? Thanks.

Yes, the time difference between Slitherine and us (me) makes it so that I'm not sure who is going to have it available first. But we will have it out on the 6th. 

I don't mean to over hype this Pack but it hits all the right buttons for me. I hope that it does the same for everyone that gets it. The level of detail that these guys put into making these battles and maps is staggering. 

4 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

I don't mean to over hype this Pack but it hits all the right buttons for me. I hope that it does the same for everyone that gets it. The level of detail that these guys put into making these battles and maps is staggering. 

But they still can write mistakes…

From DLC dev diary:

While maps were being created, I also started preparing “Master Unit Files” for each of the formations taking part in the region of conflict. Most Battalions from the 2/506th of the 101st Airborne, through to the 1/919 Infantry Regiment of the 91st Luftlande were created in the editor and tinkered with to try and recreate them as they were on the morning of 6th of June. This allowed the appropriate formations to be merged and imported into each scenario when the time came speeding up development at this midterm stage.

@Ithikial_AU Would you allow me to point out that I/919 Grenadier Regiment never belonged to 91.ID?

It was attached to 709.ID but you know that even better than I do…😉

Anyway… still 48 hours to wait! How come???😵‍💫

3 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

Yes, the time difference between Slitherine and us (me) makes it so that I'm not sure who is going to have it available first. But we will have it out on the 6th. 

SOOOOOOOO excited for this.  Bad news I'll probably never finish my Downfall battles once this arrives.  

2 hours ago, danfrodo said:

SOOOOOOOO excited for this.  Bad news I'll probably never finish my Downfall battles once this arrives.  

******Semi-spolier alert*********** Me too and, again, I hope that I'm not over hyping things.

The "We'll Start Here" campaign's first 2 battles involve the Airborne night drops and immediately gave me the feel of that night, from what I know about it. It felt like I was the one figuring out how to deal with the scattered air drops and still achieving objectives.

DropToDestiny4.png

@snake_eye's "Graignes, a Normandy Alamo" introduced me to a Normandy story that I wasn't familiar with. It had me Googling for details and gave me one of my favorite screenshots that Matrix/Slitherine used (the guys in the tower are not in their default positions):

BP2 - 10.png

8 hours ago, PEB14 said:

@Ithikial_AU Would you allow me to point out that I/919 Grenadier Regiment never belonged to 91.ID?

It was attached to 709.ID but you know that even better than I do…😉

Hehehehe. That got past me re-reading the draft and the reviewers above my pay grade. Well, we should just be lucky CM isn't a Divisional level operational game ;) . But yes, should of read 1058 Infantry Regiment.

4 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Well I've yet to play anything significant from the Downfall Module either but I've had my reasons. ;) 

16 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

******Semi-spolier alert*********** Me too and, again, I hope that I'm not over hyping things.

The "We'll Start Here" campaign's first 2 battles involve the Airborne night drops and immediately gave me the feel of that night, from what I know about it. It felt like I was the one figuring out how to deal with the scattered air drops and still achieving objectives.

DropToDestiny4.png

@snake_eye's "Graignes, a Normandy Alamo" introduced me to a Normandy story that I wasn't familiar with. It had me Googling for details and gave me one of my favorite screenshots that Matrix/Slitherine used (the guys in the tower are not in their default positions):

BP2 - 10.png

I think that top screenshot has got to be my favorite!

Yeah the pathfinder mission and the main drop both really had me on my toes trying to move small teams to either evade or ambush German patrols. The main drop in particular was very different (in a good way) from any other Combat Mission scenario that I'm aware of. The chaos of the scattered drop, moving small isolated teams across hostile territory without knowing where the German patrols were, and finally assembling ad-hoc forces to make a push on the objective all gave me a feeling for what (based on what I've read and seen in documentaries and Band of Brothers) that night should have been like. It really felt like what (I think) the real drop would have been like.

1 hour ago, Centurian52 said:

The main drop in particular was very different (in a good way) from any other Combat Mission scenario that I'm aware of.

Looks like you've not played @WimO's campaign "Mission Boston - Objective La Fière"? 😉