Christmas 2022 Scenario Challenge

kohlenklau

LET US DO THIS AGAIN? I give everybody more time. I want to see those cherries raise their hands. Make a scenario for the community.

Alright, 110 days until X-mas. (Julian 359-249=110). The gauntlet is down for you guys, especially you "cherries", to make a scenario, your first scenario...?, before Christmas. Let us swamp the community with some scenarios. Use or modify an existing map if you need to (and give polite credit in your briefing or designers notes to prevent accusations of being a dreaded parasite!). Make your own simple map! No Rembrandts are required! Dial it down to 208 x 208, if needed, the teeniest tiniest map you can make. BUT ANY SIZE MAP IS GOOD! Playable from only one side is AOK. Just make sure to say that guidance in the main cover description. Use just a tiny force. Put the AI on defence and the AI plan is very rudy..rudo..ruddimuntary..it is EASIER! Use just a small timeframe of 10 minutes!  I (and a butt ton of others) am here to lend a hand to answer questions or go now and read the famous JonS scenario guide pdf in your main install folder. All these different titles can use some new juices. I got a couple coming down. I will edit this and state how many scenarios we got from last time. Standby, EDIT: I think it was between 16 and 20. I did release many but had a few hit a creative wall so maybe this year, they get done.

**NEW IDEA: Maybe do some QB maps with simple AI plans?

I am not a CMCW, CMSF2, CMBS modern war bubba but please use this as a reason to make a scenario for those games. This is not just for WW2 games. 

Best wishes and who wants to post a pledge to make a scenario?

Edited by kohlenklau

• 3 weeks later...

CMFB "Busting Out of Bras"...

Play as Axis vs Allied AI only.

1115, 19 December 1944. 8 km east of Bastogne, Belgium. A dense fog reduces visibility.
General Bayerlein has created a special group to lead the Panzer-Lehr Division on its way to cross the Meuse River. You are Leutnant Hartmann in charge of the motorized "spitze" composed of pioneer troops, scouts, some half-tracks and 2 tanks. 
^
You have only 20 to maybe 30 minutes so use your assigned forces to rapidly press onward and exit off any of the zones marked "Routes forward"...
^
Your forces: On map, you in your 250/1, a kubelwagen and 2 scout teams checking the road on foot. At T=5, the rest of your force arrives. No off-map support is assigned.
^
This is the 3rd day of the secret offensive and the US Army is alerted to our intentions. We do not know what awaits us beyond the fog. These roads are not normally mined as they are the MSR for the allied forces. However, you must keep a close eye for mines just placed on top of the road. Also, watch where any US vehicles travel and it should assure you those areas are safe.
^
Press onward carefully but as fast as possible.
^
EXIT your force: Denies the enemy 100 pts.
DESTROY American Forces: up to 100pts.
Other hidden touch objectives: up to 40 pts.

Map: 1000m x 320m

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ncltlhb6g0o2m0m/AADKR3ed1W_A43J28rHhCZS_a?dl=0

Note: I am working with Vacillator and bootie to get all my stuff to the websites run by bootie and will someday close down the goody box. The above scenario is also being sent this week of 25SEP2022 to bootie so when later the above link becomes "dead", go find the scenario at "The Scenario Depot"...

Edited by kohlenklau

RE BUSTING OUT OF BRAS...

*******SPOILERS********

Nice little scenario.  The clock doesn't stop at the end so one has extra time.  (Maybe that should be mentioned in the briefing.)  There are two roads on the N edge that have the area tinted brown. Don't know why. 

Couple of nice ambushes in the first 5-6 minutes, but after that nothing to stop one getting to the RHS (NW) exit zone - so not very challenging.  To get better than a Tactical Victory, I would need to have actually marked an extra minefield, and from what I can see there are only two close to the start positions.  Also one needs to hunt down the remaining US troops.  But, the briefing tends to make one think one has to go hell for leather to exit the Germans so I didn't have a priority for killing the US unless they fired at the Germans or were in their way.  

Hey Tony,

This thread doesn't really have to be a thread where someone instantly plays and reviews the scenario 30 minutes after I post it. JHC. I know/think/grant/accept you do have a right to say whatever you want but the point of this thread is to maybe get people to be brave or bold to make scenarios and the instant critique kinda throws a wet blanket on the flames of creativity. 

Anyway, the briefing did say 20 to maybe 30 minutes so that was my maybe less than direct way to say the timer had some variable extra minutes...

Sorry, Phil.  I thought you may have wanted some feedback.

Every since I almost had a nervous breakdown designing for CM1, I acknowledge I have no talent or patience for design or modding.  Have too much RL stress.  I applaud those who enjoy and have fun modding or designing or building their own houses or doing their own car repairs, or plumbing etc.  Not all of us do however.

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

I thought you may have wanted some feedback.

You should give it another try.

I am open to feedback (I will PM you in response to your comments Tony) but what I want for this thread, what is the best for the intentions of the "Christmas Scenario Festival" or whatever I want to call it, is anybody wanting to critique a scenario can send feedback by PM to the various scenario authors directly. That is the kindest and usually easiest way to have 2 people discuss the feedback. Often the feedback can be mistaken or taken the wrong way and IF in public forum it just spirals out crazy and everybody goes nuts. Thanks everybody.

Coming soon......

CMRT "A Bridge Too Far-ski"

image.jpeg.5ea02f1c44235cf700c817cddc32c74a.jpeg

^
Near Warsaw, September 1944. 
^
You are Major Grabnakov, a veteran Red Army cavalry officer. You were severely wounded in combat during the Bagration Offensive. Now you command a scratch detachment of vehicles and reconnaissance troops...
^
A small force of German Fallschirmjagers have landed by glider to take and hold a key bridge over the Vistula while awaiting a panzer kampfgruppe coming from the west.
^
Attack with your available forces to bust through the enemy and take positions to block the panzer force.
^
You have 20-25 minutes to complete your mission. Points are given for destroying the enemy but mostly for exiting your force off the west map edge. This symbolizes you have been able to block the enemy reinforcements somehow.

Good luck Comrade!

Edited by kohlenklau

https://www.dropbox.com/s/owmmjickscz63ol/A Bridge too Far-ski.btt?dl=0

CMRT "A Bridge Too Far-ski" (FR module is required)

image.jpeg.5ea02f1c44235cf700c817cddc32c74a.jpeg

^
Near Warsaw, September 1944. 
^
You are Major Grabnakov, a veteran Red Army cavalry officer. You were severely wounded in combat during the Bagration Offensive. Now you command a scratch detachment of vehicles and reconnaissance troops...
^
A small force of German Fallschirmjagers have landed by glider to take and hold a key bridge over the Vistula while awaiting a panzer kampfgruppe coming from the west.
^
Attack with your available forces to bust through the enemy and take positions to block the panzer force.
^
You have 20-25 minutes to complete your mission. Points are given for destroying the enemy but mostly for exiting your force off the west map edge. This symbolizes you have been able to block the enemy reinforcements somehow.

Good luck Comrade!

coming soon

image.jpeg.acef0a4784e97dfb710e15a16fc076f2.jpeg

CMFI AFRICA CUTTING OUT A STRONGPOINT

^
1330, 19 December 1941. 7 miles south of Halfaya Pass,
Egypt. During the tedious days of confining the Axis to
their ring of frontier fortresses around Halfaya, HQ 4th
South African Infantry Brigade authorized a small
operation to eliminate an enemy forward position. This
strongpoint, manned by mostly Italian troops of the 55th
Savona Divisione, was making a nuisance of itself by
firing on Allied reconnaissance patrols. B Company, 2nd
Royal Durban Light Infantry was assigned to the task of
"removing" it. The sky is a haze of dry desert dust kicked
up by a light wind from the south. It is hot.
^
You are Lieutenant Nettlestock of B Coy, 2RDLI. You have
your rifle platoon. A forward observer is assigned with a
limited number of mortar bomb at his disposal. Brigade has
promised they will will send light support vehicles from
both the 2nd South African AT Regiment and the 6th South
African Armoured Car Regiment to support your attack. They
should arrive 5 to 10 minutes after your attack starts.  
^
Your mission is to assault and clear out the strongpoint.
^
The Italians and some Germans are in trenches surrounded
by a belt of anti-tank mines. Reports indicate they have
several heavy weapons dug-in and also have artillery
support. The axis have mechanized forces only a few miles
away which may respond to assist the strongpoint's
defence.
^
You are observing that the terrain is mostly flat but some
depressions known as "deirs" may offer concealment as you
make your approach. You have 20-25 minutes to complete
your mission. The tench position is the terrain objective
worth 150 points. Both sides also get points for the
destruction of enemy vehicles.

1 hour ago, Blazing 88's said:

Thanks Phil!

You are very welcome Warren. I aint perfect, my mods and scenarios are not perfect, you know that. But I keep trying to produce content. I must admit that it is some type of addiction and obsession. 🙂 

I have some work to do to straighten out the Goody Box CMFI Afrika mods and @Vacillator is assisting me to get all the CMFI CMAK2 Afrika "stuff" up to bootie. Scenarios and mods. Once it is there, people can criticize it, review it, whatever. But at least it is "there" for the future. 

alright lads, have at her

image.jpeg.acef0a4784e97dfb710e15a16fc076f2.jpeg

CMFI AFRICA CUTTING OUT A STRONGPOINT

mods for the new scenario here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dtmste5ecgfrr88/AABgD7hDIrXAvwAj4AaLS_7Ta?dl=0

the scenario itself

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vy8jj4tllchb5z6/AFRIKA Cutting Out a Strongpoint.btt?dl=0

the briefing again, with a few typos fixed...

^
1330, 19 December 1941. 7 miles south of Halfaya Pass, Egypt. During the tedious days of confining the Axis to their ring of frontier fortresses around Halfaya, HQ 4th South African Infantry Brigade authorized a small operation to eliminate an enemy forward position. This strongpoint, manned by mostly Italian troops of the 55th Savona Divisione, was making a nuisance of itself by firing on Allied reconnaissance patrols. B Company, 2nd Royal Durban Light Infantry was assigned to the task of "removing" it. The sky is a haze of dry desert dust kicked up by a light wind from the south. It is hot.
^
You are Lieutenant Nettlestock of B Coy, 2RDLI. You have your rifle platoon. A forward observer is assigned with a limited number of mortar bomb at his disposal. Brigade has promised they will will send light support vehicles from both the 2nd South African AT Regiment and the 6th South African Armoured Car Regiment to support your attack. They should arrive 5 to 10 minutes after your attack starts.  
^
Your mission is to assault and clear out the strongpoint.
^
The Italians and some Germans are in trenches surrounded by a belt of anti-tank mines. Reports indicate they have several heavy weapons dug-in and also have artillery support. The axis have mechanized forces only a few miles away which may respond to assist the strongpoint's defence.
^
You are observing that the terrain is mostly flat but some depressions known as "deirs" may offer concealment as you make your approach. You have 20-25 minutes to complete your mission. The axis trench position is the terrain objective worth 150 points. Both sides also get points for the destruction of enemy vehicles.

Edited by kohlenklau

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Strongpoint", I get "Item deleted"

Yeah me too via the link above. 

It is however in Phil's Goody Box (in the 'CMFI R2V/CMFI CMAK2' folder) if anyone is in a hurry to get it.  Here's the link from there, which is working:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/onjq96c2gh5jmxn/AADIy4-BpDu57jDofLwr98iQa/CMFI R2V/CMFI CMAK2/AFRIKA Cutting Out a Strongpoint.btt?dl=0

Assume the version is the same Phil?

Edited by Vacillator

44 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Assume the version is the same Phil?

yeah, I had made a change and pasted the new scenario there in the goody box and then tried to update the link in that other post. I must have failed to do that properly. 😞

EDIT: I added a few vehicle mods into the mod folder linked up above for "Cutting Out..."

Edited by kohlenklau