Is Russia Overpowered In Black Sea?

Some people here say, that you cant add Javelins, NLAWS, AT-4´s, Stingers, and all other juicy stuff. Becouse the Ukrainians didnt have them in 2017! But really? They didnt have them 12 month ago either! They got all these nice weapons, becouse Russia was building up on their borders! And most of it, after the invasion! 

Why could that not happen, in an 2017 scenario? Could a 2017 War, play out as the 2022 war. With the support of an unanomous west? Maybe not in the same way, before the invasion. But when the invasion ****, was a reality? Just asking?  

Edited by Armorgunner

Based on current events I would like to see the Command and Control mechanics present in the original CMBB revisited.

Perhaps making it difficult if not impossible for Russian non-elite units to break down into separate components like the Italians in CMFI.

Adding Chetnik forces and security forces that will shoot fleeing units…

While making it realistic might make it unbalanced and turn some off to playing the Russians, I think many of us would enjoy the challenge.

Could also add option to turn off Russian restrictions.

• 1 month later...

Not overpowered just increase the experience level of Ukrainians and it actually gets nasty for RU sometimes. Russians still have capable troops remember, it’s their leadership that screwed them over from being able to showcase it.

Even with T-72B3s I was able to take on a M1A2 company + 2 stryker TF companies head on, on a huge map. 11 T-72B3s out of 12 lost, 7 out of 8 M1A2s lost.

One thing I would love for battlefront to do is add the ability to have M1A2s without ERA or LWS. Actually the main issue and unrealistic thing in the game (in my opinion) are Bradleys being the most overpowered thing to exist on the battlefield, the LWS + instant targeting makes them monsters. When I play as the US I do not use Bradleys.

If we could get the option to toggle US armor that would be cool and probably more realistic, not every armored brigade that’s gonna pull up to the fight is gonna be top of the line. 

On 5/19/2022 at 7:39 PM, Andrew685 said:

I know that the developers won't want to touch this game for a while in light of the current conflict but I do hope to get an update with VDV airborne and air assault formations with the BMDs

AFAIK the VDV are part of the next module. Whenever that releases.

• 1 month later...

Some of the assessments I hear about the Russians is how fast their Orlan to SPG Msta's firing takes, like less than 2 minutes.

It raised for me a question about how the Orlans are used in the game, allocated to a battalion but also (IIRC) to the battery with the ability to do its own targetting. I believe the slow Russian targetting times is due to the assumed re-location to new positions to avoid counterbattery, but I'm not sure if that movement is included for American artillery eg M777s specifically. The motorised SPGs can relocated very quickly however.

So, would it be realistic to shorten the firing times on the Msta's with drones, but also allow some independent drones choosing their own targets for themselves.