How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

7 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Oh my how the worm turns.  And we are back to identity crisis…

Putin replaced by another autocrat that promises “peace with honour”?

This is where that New Yorker article I posted above starts to gain real salience. Putin is an autocrat who depends on public opinion to some extent. He can't just say (like Stalin with Finland) "Ok, war over. Arrest anyone dumb enough to complain about it". He also can't be seen to lose without potentially losing his head. We are going to find out how that play out soon. I mean...just imagine what the reaction will be if they lose Kherson.

4 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Gotta be honest given how the UA have played this Fall, I half expect Kherson to fall tomorrow because we are all looking around Lyman.

There are some indications that UKR are watching carefully how RU are removing troops from South. 

9 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Gotta be honest given how the UA have played this Fall, I half expect Kherson to fall tomorrow because we are all looking around Lyman.

Can’t argue with this. Russia armed forces are a punch drunk boxer at this point. They are always going to be one combination behind.

Just now, Grigb said:

Puck me continues - unverified claim: UKR reached Raihorodok (center of the map)

CgxRsj.jpg

Also, allegedly these are not light mobile forces but the main force. Looks like assault on Svatove in couple of days...

🥳🥳🥳 The exploitation phase starts, let's hope it ends in Millerovo. I wonder if RU withdrew all it's forces from the Oskil line - if not, we actually might see some (rather smaller scale) encirclements yet.

CIT reports

Mobilization News

Due to the mobilization, the prices of bulletproof vests have sharply increased throughout Russia. The average price for the simplest bulletproof vest starts around 100 thousand rubles, and some are even more expensive — about 250 thousand rubles [Up from something like 20 000 rubles] . Something similar, according to rumors, happened in February-March in Europe, when Ukrainians bought all the bulletproof vests there.

Also, due to mobilization in Russia, there was a shortage of hemostatic tourniquets and other important components of the first aid kit.

The provision of the mobilized almost completely fell on the shoulders of the mobilized themselves and their relatives. In addition, the problems with the accommodation of personnel was clearly manifested.

The press service of the "People's Militia of the DPR" published a video, from which it follows that the first mobilized arrived in the Donetsk region and are already being trained. It is quite possible that separatists with combat experience will be able to conduct training more efficiently than the Russian military at training grounds in Russia. [and appropriate them into RU Nat units]

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Some russian wifes must be very sad not getting their christmas presents this year.

Vice versa! They will be very glad, because they will receive 7 000 000 rubles for their dead husband from the state! In Russian asshole outbacks this is hugest money, which they can earn for 40-50 years! 

I've seen screen form Russian woman chats (before mobilization), it's terrible - one girl wrote she must to push on her boy to force him for wedding as quicly as possible, because he says he is going initially to sign short-term contract with army to earn money, so the girl worries if her boyfriend will got lost at the war, she will not get this "grave" money.  

Other women discussed that one of their common friend have to depart own husband at the war - he is anyway worthless, lazy and drinks vodka, earns too low money on own work, so there will be better for her that their husbund would be killed at the war - he would became a hero and would be enrich own family with two children with this 7 millions. 

Edited by Haiduk

2 hours ago, billbindc said:

The annexation of Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson, now to join Crimea as part of the Russian Federation, goes directly against the Charter of the United Nations

Putin and his inner circle has obviously never played any of the games by Paradox Interactive. If they had they should know that it's impossible to annex parts of a country unless the war is won.

As they say on another forum: If you want to have this acknowledged you need to redo it and do it the correct way.

Edited by BornGinger

11 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Vice versa! They will be very glad, because they will receive 7 000 000 rubles for their dead husband from the state! In Russian asshole outbacks this is hugest money, which they can earn for 40-50 years! 

I've seen screen form Russian woman chats (before mobilization), it's terrible - one girl wrote she must to push on her boy to force him for wedding as quicly as possible, because he says he is going initially to sign short-term contract with army to earn money, so the girl worries if her boyfriend will got lost at the war, she will not get this "grave" money.  

Other womans discussed that one of their common friend have to depart own husband at the war - he is anyway worthless, lazy and drinks vodka, earns too low money on own work, so there will be better for her that their husbund would be killed at the war - he would became a hero and would be enrich own family with two children with this 7 millions. 

suckers.  Haven't they noticed the excuses Russia has to not pay up.

19 minutes ago, Cederic said:

The second clip is apparently film footage

No, this is real cavalry unit,existing in Russian army in composition of 55th MRB (mountain). This is brigade from Far East Tuva Republic and about 2/3 of personnel are Tuvians. They use packhorses, but also riding. This brigade interesting also with unusual equipment - unlike other motor-rifle brigades or regiments, this one has Tigr-M as personnel transport, and brigade's artillery represented with 2S23 Nona-SVK. Brigade hasn't tanks. Last time was involved on Lysychansk- Siversk direction, now probably moved on other direction. 

Edited by Haiduk

Looks like 208th regiment is...not combat effective anymore.

"That's it. F*ckining. There, [we] just met the boys, they are the last. there's no one in front. No 208th, no f*cking-something-8th, not f*cking anything. F*ggots, blya. Not ours f*ggots [officers], not the ones that are here. Cyka, we lost the boys. Everyone knows where these f*ggots are sitting."

RU troops mood

"That's it. F*ckining. There, [we] just met the boys, they are the last. there's no one in front.ead. F*ggots, blya. Not ours [boys], not the ones that are here. We lost the boys. Everyone knows where these f*ggots are sitting."

Well, then. If earlier degenerals from Frunze Embankment [RU MOD building] were called f*ggots only in telegram channels, now Russian soldiers from the front line give them such a flattering description. Surviving Russian soldiers.

And this means that incompetence or simply betrayal has reached a whole new level. With such a soldier's mindset, and with such a command [we] are not going to win wars.

Edited by Grigb

1 hour ago, billbindc said:

This is where that New Yorker article I posted above starts to gain real salience. Putin is an autocrat who depends on public opinion to some extent. He can't just say (like Stalin with Finland) "Ok, war over. Arrest anyone dumb enough to complain about it". He also can't be seen to lose without potentially losing his head. We are going to find out how that play out soon. I mean...just imagine what the reaction will be if they lose Kherson.

I think it's just a matter of time before they lose Kherson. And I don't even think it will take a long time.