How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

34 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

More interesting was a writing on video: "14th of June, 2023. Lepetykha"

Lepetykha is a village in Mykolaiv oblast, but Russians never were there -probably soldier wrote incorrect name. We have only two other villages with similar names - Mala Lepetykha and Velyka Lepetykha. Both are situate each near other... on lefft bank of Dnipro on the shore in 60 km SE from Nova Kakhovka. 

NE. Well, somebody need to blow all those bridges, railway lines and vehicles back behind the front...😉

Curious, some platoon of Syrians may be reportedly being detached to VDV (unconfirmed):

https://twitter.com/2uwmp/status/1669443957040852993

Are UKR are developing a dual Push south?

Where the "inside" flank of each Push squeezes the Russians between, forcing them to defend in two opposing directions and so dividing the forces that can threaten the UKR inside flanks? 

If so,  then neither Push will want to impale itself on a large urban fight and might instead keep going for the coast. 

They could corral a large chunk of the Russian defenders between them, cut the land bridge.  The Western Push could then push along the coast and isolate Melitopol, while the Eastern Push pressures along Donetsk <-> Mariupol. 

Edited by Kinophile

"Ukraine will receive additional military assistance from Spain, including 20 armored personnel carriers and a field hospital, as well as four Leopard 2A4 tanks that were under repair."

https://the-news.com.ua/en/single/ispaniia-peredast-ukrayini-20-btr-pol-ovii-gospital-i-4-vidremontovanikh

"The German defense concern Rheinmetall won a contract for the supply of 14 Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine.

Sources of the Handelsblatt reported that Denmark and the Netherlands have already financed the purchase.

Contracts for the new supply have already been signed, and the German government has been involved in the negotiations, as it must approve the export of military equipment.

It is expected that the first tanks from this batch will be delivered to Ukraine in January 2024, and all other tanks will arrive during 2024."

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/rheinmetall-receives-a-contract-for-leopard-2-for-ukraine/

7 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Twitter translate says

"Zaporozhye region, damaged Leopard 2A4 tank (somewhere they write that after the Lancet hit)"

I had serious doubts of lancet's performance vs armored targets. This is a bit surprising. The top armor doesnt look uniform in thickness, it's thinner to the right side of the picture. Still, that wasnt the point of failure. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ukraine-counteroffensive-zelenskyy-interview-russia-lose-war-rcna89022

I think Zelensky should avoid US politics for the time being. And dodge when asked to weigh in. Just work with the current admin to keep the meager support flowing. Ukraine will not get more support at this point in the campaign season that will matter. Ok, maybe by the Fall. But I don't think American's are talking about the war at the kitchen table. However if they do, public support would be less predictable than just staying the course and waiting for the things to unfold. Washington supports Ukraine by and large up to the point where WMD come into play. Is the destruction of those dams a WMD? Pretty damn close. Don't be surprised if the the issue of grain comes up as a factor. 

16 minutes ago, cesmonkey said:

Well, at least he's only a state-level Senator in Virginia.

He's a senator which is 1/100 individuals in this country. It's pretty alarming that he would say something so stupid. If there were really that many vehicles destroyed then Russia would be posting it allll over telegram. 

7000 KIA in a week. What is this, Operation Barbarossa? Somebody call and tell this fool to read a book.  

29 minutes ago, Artkin said:

He's a senator which is 1/100 individuals in this country. It's pretty alarming that he would say something so stupid. If there were really that many vehicles destroyed then Russia would be posting it allll over telegram. 

7000 KIA in a week. What is this, Operation Barbarossa? Somebody call and tell this fool to read a book.  

He is a STATE senator, every U.S. state has its own mini Senate and House that comprise the legislative branch of the state government. He, barely, mentions that he is in the Virginia Senate. There are very approximately 2000 state senators if you add up the fifty states, and they have zero say in foreign policy. That is If he is a real person, and I honestly can't be bothered to check. Some parts of rural Virginia voted for Trump by 70 or eighty percent even as the state as whole went for Biden. I grew up in an adjacent part of Tennessee, that did the same thing. The average elected official there these days seems to think 1857 was great year. It STILL 1857 in Russia, and some of them are wacky enough to think that is a good thing. Apologies Steve is this is to much politics.

Heck, even the Confederacy never resorted to forcing troops to fight with guns at their backs.

Edited by dan/california

4 minutes ago, dan/california said:

He is a STATE senator, every U.S. state has its own mini Senate and house that comprise the legislative branch of the state government. He, barely, mentions that he is in the Virginia Senate. There are very approximately 2000 state senators if you add up the fifty states. That is If he is a real person, and I honestly can't be bothered to check. Some parts of rural Virginia voted for Trump by 70 or eighty percent even as the state as whole went for BidenThere are very approximately 2000 of those, and they have zero say in foreign policy. I grew in an adjacent part of Tennessee, that did the same thing. The average elected official there these days seems to think 1857 was great year. It STILL 1857 in Russia, and some of them are wacky enough to think that is a good thing. Apologies Steve is this is to much politics.

I didn't even know states had that, that's something you don't learn in high school lol.

Dick Black was a Virginia State senator from Loudon and Prince William counties, which are not particularly rural and politically moderate. He retired in 2020 and now focuses his attention on giving unflattering foreign policy interviews in Russian and Iranian media and arguing that students should not be called by their preferred pronouns in Loudon county schools. Seems to be a real nutbar.

Just now, photon said:

Dick Black was a Virginia State senator from Loudon and Prince William counties, which are not particularly rural and politically moderate. He retired in 2020 and now focuses his attention on giving unflattering foreign policy interviews in Russian and Iranian media and arguing that students should not be called by their preferred pronouns in Loudon county schools. Seems to be a real nutbar.

Thank you filling the details, so it his mission in life to follow in Tucker's foot steps.

45 minutes ago, dan/california said:

That was a LONG shot.

edit: Did the original video get substituted somehow? Twitter get more broken by the day.

Mine clearing rocket. 

Means a bunch more Ruskies are about to have some very bad days. ZSU is on the March again. 

No Russian fires zeroing in,  that I can see. 

1 hour ago, Fenris said:

Twitter translate says

"Zaporozhye region, damaged Leopard 2A4 tank (somewhere they write that after the Lancet hit)"

Ugh! I guess that can happen when you use 40 years old technology and ride to war with it. There was a reason why the turret was upgraded to 2A5 and Stridsvagn 122 standards in the mid 90s.