How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

1. Great 'CM Level 5' overview of hasty Russian field fortifications (Snihurivka). No bang bangs, just recce, good quality video, few jump cuts. Scenario design material. 

2. Also, great source material for a future CMBS 'squalor' mod.  If only I had the time, sigh.... 

3. In occupied Ukraine, mine step on YOU! 

4. And at the far opposite end of situational awareness: a Level Zero (Russian) grunt's eye view -- the awful isolation of the battlefield, can't see the enemy, only your squadmates dead and dying....

Edited by LongLeftFlank

Hilarious if this is what the tag says it is, which is Russian made video that made the rounds of Russian blogger groups.  What did the video show?  A bunch of supposedly dead Ukrainian SF guys who died trying to take Zaporizhzhia nuke plant by river crossing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarRoom/comments/x7kqj4/recently_a_video_went_around_russian_groups/

If these guys look like they are playing dead, instead of being dead, watch until the end where one of them gets up.

Now, this could just be a Ukrainian unit "taking the piss" out of the Russians, not Russians making a very bad propaganda video.  I suspect that's the real story.  Either way, it apparently made the rounds amongst the Russian propagandists and it is definitely fake.

Steve

12 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Hilarious if this is what the tag says it is, which is Russian made video that made the rounds of Russian blogger groups.  What did the video show?  A bunch of supposedly dead Ukrainian SF guys who died trying to take Zaporizhzhia nuke plant by river crossing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarRoom/comments/x7kqj4/recently_a_video_went_around_russian_groups/

If these guys look like they are playing dead, instead of being dead, watch until the end where one of them gets up.

Now, this could just be a Ukrainian unit "taking the piss" out of the Russians, not Russians making a very bad propaganda video.  I suspect that's the real story.  Either way, it apparently made the rounds amongst the Russian propagandists and it is definitely fake.

Steve

nah just proof UA is zombie nazi army right?

4 hours ago, cesmonkey said:

The "KP" correspondent, Alexander Kots, still disputes the Ukrainians are having success in the Kharkiv region.

Читайте на WWW.KP.RU: https://www.kp.ru/daily/27441/4643885/

Google translation:

It is funny how they blame UKR channels but I read mostly RU channels (80%). Almost everything you see here is from them.

Panic started from RU channels due to unexpected UKR attack that resulted in capture of Arsenal - means Balakley is almost encircled. At some point RU channels got directive to shut up and panic changed to statement: there is not panic UKR did not penetrated deep enough, we stopped them.

They are claiming everything is fine

bagdad-bob.jpg

The problem is:

1. At least UKR recon reached Arsenal
  2. UKR reached Yakovlivke at the Volokiy Yar-Balakleya road - RU main supply road
  3. RU Nats with links to local troops reports Balaklya is operationally encircled

So, the current situation most likely looks like this: UKR controls the majority of Verbovka and contest north of Balaklya including Arsenal, RU control Balarklya itself (south of Arsenal) but they are present only in some parts of Balaklya. Ru still have road to East to escape but the issue is there are rumors UKR reached Savyntsy (actually a few more settlements nearby as well). If true, then RU indeed encircled. 

4 hours ago, Seminole said:

Probably nothing to it, but...

All Russian telegrams simultaneously posted that there isn't any panic in Balakiya

LVicviR.png

Yep. It was hillarious. Especicaly in context of RU Nat reporter claims they do not receive any directives what to say from above.

51 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

Yes, that UKR taking the piss out of the RU Nats. It is well made and funny. RU made similar ones but simpler and smaller in scale (couple of bodies in the water) yet decided not to spread them. I do not know why...  

Fresh RU Nat sober assessment

The Ukrainians managed to at least take the northern road to Kupyansk under fire control. At night there were battles at Volkhov Yar and I fully admit that the enemy might managed to knock us out of it. Balaklay in the operational encirclement, the AFU will continue to develop success and it is likely that they will try to reach Kupyansk, cutting off both Balaklay and Izum. They have the strength to do this, as amateur bloggers have repeatedly written about. Let's see how the Russian General Staff will respond and what level of operational skill it will demonstrate. Well, ordinary soldiers and officers of the Izyum Front continue to fight, as they did the previous six months of the war.

Map for reference

ljeThf.png

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

This is a great meme for the people who insist that sanctions aren't working because Russia hasn't surrendered yet.  Because, apparently, that is what sanctions were supposed to do all on their own ;)

It's like everyone who believes the Russian propaganda that the Russian economy is growing and doing even better than before the war. In this case, Russia would have sold all this gas "at a loss" to Europe during all this time, and importing Western goods, penalizing its economy 😂? Just to please us 🤣?

Edited by Taranis

As we previously discussed UKR offensive aimed not at capturing land but degrading RU combat capabilities. Given another fresh RU sober assessment from Kherson it works.

Let's understand the real state of affairs, for today we lost four guys from the artillery crew of my friend in the Kherson direction, he was left alone from the entire crew, he was now evacuated to Russia with a wound.

Perhaps what I'm going to say now will be said emotionally, but I'm really already burning up [from butthurt].

Enemy missiles are already flying along the border and across the territory of Russia.
There are no bridges across the Dnieper, the enemy has destroyed them, the crossings are being shot through, in fact the group is cut off from proper supplies, we are losing occupied villages, we are retreating to reserve positions, the enemy has enough forces and shells to constantly hit our positions, and in fact measures to prevent this had to be taken back in March or April. All bridges which the enemy used to bring foreign equipment, all channels of bringing reserves in our direction had to be destroyed, and filtration centers for the local population had to be organized in the occupied territories, through which everyone without exception had to be taken, with the verification of electronic devices, and involvement in various activities related to the help of the AFU. And, of course, the destruction of decision-making centers, but it already said from every lamppost [means from everywhere], but it remained empty words. What should [we] do now? Now it's time to take serious measures, otherwise there is every chance of getting a tactical catastrophe in the Kherson direction, [e need] in extreme case, to pull back to the Dnieper and strike the enemy's major cities with nuclear tactical bombs. In a more democratic version, use heavy bombers, Caliber missiles, [at] all those targets that I listed above. **** [it all] at such a pace as it as on that first night on February 24. You know all these targets. Otherwise, someday someone will do it first [at RU cities], because it's time to understand that the jokes have already ended, the West supplies them with everything they need. You can call me crazy paranoid, but the time is lost, now you need to be ready for anything. And take tough measures.

And in this situation, I am concerned about the lives of soldiers, my colleagues, and not those who did not accept proper organizational conclusions in warm offices three or four months ago.

9 minutes ago, Grigb said:

As we previously discussed UKR offensive aimed not at capturing land but degrading RU combat capabilities. Given another fresh RU sober assessment from Kherson it works.

....in extreme case, to pull back to the Dnieper and strike the enemy's major cities with nuclear tactical bombs. In a more democratic version, use heavy bombers, Caliber missiles, [at] all those targets that I listed above

Hmm, to borrow from Douglas Adams, this seems to be some strange *new* definition of the word 'sober' of which I was previously unaware.

2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

This is a great meme for the people who insist that sanctions aren't working because Russia hasn't surrendered yet.  Because, apparently, that is what sanctions were supposed to do all on their own ;)

Indeed. According to the report I posted a few pages ago, Russia is making at least as much money with fossil fuels as before the war. But apparently they can't buy anything useful with it and it hurts them enough that they proritize lifting the sanctions over stopping weapons deliveries.