Anybody added Ukraine UAVs?

Majestic12

Hello there, with the the fall semester coming to a close, there is more time can be devoted to CMBS playtime. I was wondering can or had anyone else added UAVs to Ukrainian forces. I love playing the underdog but the Ukrainians feel underpowered. If yall could mod it in for me or point me in the right direction...thank you for your time.

6 hours ago, Majestic12 said:

Hello there, with the the fall semester coming to a close, there is more time can be devoted to CMBS playtime. I was wondering can or had anyone else added UAVs to Ukrainian forces. I love playing the underdog but the Ukrainians feel underpowered. If yall could mod it in for me or point me in the right direction...thank you for your time.

Nobody can bring new equipment in the game. There is also no equipment in current Ukraine TO&E, which can be modded like a drone. But I think, in the coming module you can get some stuff ;) 

Edited by Haiduk

15 hours ago, Majestic12 said:

I was wondering can or had anyone else added UAVs to Ukrainian forces.

If yall could mod it in for me or point me in the right direction...thank you for your time.

If I understand the question.  In the scenario editor any US or Soviet UAV can be added to the Ukrainian TOE.  They can then be used by the Ukrainians.  The UI could be modded to change the name / look of a US Raven UAV to Ukrainian produced UAV (if the Ukrainians produce any?).  It would still have the same exact capabilities of a US Raven.  Just a different name, silhouette.  

The recent US arms transfers to the Ukraine can be modelled too.....Just 'Dismount' a few Strykers in the editor.  ;)

PS - I suspect it would be very simple to replace the GUI 'Card' for the game's MQ-1 Gray Eagle with one representing a Bayraktar TB2, @37mm's replaced most of the Red aircraft and all of the Blue drones in CM:SF2 'H&E' (with spotter planes in that instance). In game you would never notice the difference.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

If I understand the question.  In the scenario editor any US or Soviet UAV can be added to the Ukrainian TOE.  They can then be used by the Ukrainians.  The UI could be modded to change the name / look of a US Raven UAV to Ukrainian produced UAV (if the Ukrainians produce any?).  It would still have the same exact capabilities of a US Raven.  Just a different name, silhouette.  

In that case, no any mods required - Ukraine has been using RQ-11B since 2016, though not in ground forces like in the base game :) 

Bayraktar, alas, is out of timeframe

Edited by Haiduk

On 12/1/2021 at 7:19 AM, IanL said:

Oh he is very much involved. He's a great resource. Keep in mind though BFC is not tracking the current conflict but their hypothetical time line.

There is almost no difference, except the current conflict is a few years behind schedule. Since bunch of the equipment is too, it works out perfectly. Except there is a real risk of it actually happening. It would be AWFUL to watch this thing on CNN, as opposed to speculating about it in this friendly little corner of the internet. On the happy talk side that Putin is bluffing, at least mostly, that winter plus Marines, plus brits, plus Poles module can show up any time.

I predict that it's all about getting Germany to OK use of Nordstream II.  Europe is having a huge energy crisis and desperately needs the Russian gas.  But, EU cannot be seen to be caving into Russia.   So,what to do?  You manufacture a crisis and then Biden will have a nice cuppa tea with Putin and it will be resolved as it will look like US forced Putin to back off, but Nordstream II will get quietly approved..