Berlin CMRT Map

27 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Nice one like all the  others movies you have an eyes for all, but, because my FO's are not really a succes, I was hoping to see the FO's German ambulances in the movie, that I gave you...anyway, another FO's pack is on the way for almost all modules CM, this will cover  Christmas scenario that I don't did, like the unbeliever job research  that make always

I couldn't get it working bud it changed all my Opel Blitzes to black ambulances????

5 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Stunning. 😎 Will V2 incl. ground textures for differerent weather and ground conditions? Not just thinking of the actual battle for Berlin time frame (april 26th to may 2nd 1945) where weather and ground were mostly wet, but also if one likes creating non Berlin related map content (Breslau, Königsberg, etc.)

There are several options for ground conditions but I have to keep this to Berlin time frame as everything takes ages, once V2 is finished I can look again and adapt files for all weathers using mod tags. Also V2 comes with the MOD builds 1-9 which are bombed out with the windows hollowed out but still functional, this is good because it allows the modder to place these buildings and not have to worry about the window positions, they work just like the defaults but with no windows in them, they still support window frames so all good there. Excellent whn playing the CM games as it replaces the very clean and new looking modular builds currently being used. Cheers

1 hour ago, NPye said:

I couldn't get it working bud it changed all my Opel Blitzes to black ambulances????

??? Did you change the name like I was telling you on a pm ?

Why you don't tell me nothing about ?

Could you send me a pic ?

I will check it out !

Edited by JM Stuff

3 hours ago, NPye said:

There are several options for ground conditions but I have to keep this to Berlin time frame as everything takes ages, once V2 is finished I can look again and adapt files for all weathers using mod tags. Also V2 comes with the MOD builds 1-9 which are bombed out with the windows hollowed out but still functional, this is good because it allows the modder to place these buildings and not have to worry about the window positions, they work just like the defaults but with no windows in them, they still support window frames so all good there. Excellent whn playing the CM games as it replaces the very clean and new looking modular builds currently being used. Cheers

Thanks mate! If none else but me is concerned with various ground textures portraying wet environmental conditions, then don´t bother with it. I know it´s lots of efforts and what you´re doing is outstanding already! Anyway, I´ve my personal texture sets for that purpose and inject if I need to. So no need to do double or extra works. 😎

I´m about to create a new map (non Berlin) with your mod set and see how it works out. Do you have a list giving an overview of all the changed buildings and flavor objects added? Would help greatly if doing new map designs. 🙂

Other question. Do you intend replace modding the odd looking timber frame roof from modular building set? It´s the one that comes into view to the left here: https://youtu.be/j6iXDkTnlZY?t=78  Looks totally out of place in a city environment. I mentioned it earlier but BFC doesn´t  care

I´ve made a replacement for the 8x8 building which I use exclusively ATM (combining 8x8 building blocks instead of using larger 8x16 etc).

cheers

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

I´m about to create a new map (non Berlin) with your mod set and see how it works out. Do you have a list giving an overview of all the changed buildings and flavor objects added? Would help greatly if doing new map designs. 🙂

If you give me ur email address i'll forward you the 1-9 builds which when added with the others much less time as you don't have to worry about how the windows turn out by default ie 5 at the front 4 at the back and 2 at the sides, with the designed builds I still have to make this correct on each building as the modular buildings only have 1 facing that is repeated on all 4 sides, and that can take ages. What I do now is only have the 1-9 mod builds live. Layout my city...I use 1944 aerial maps as a trace, then i make all the buildings live to get some variation on the map, and on large maps buildings can be used as landmarks just like in real life. If you want ill send the whole thing over via email????

Other question. Do you intend replace modding the odd looking timber frame roof from modular building set? It´s the one that comes into view to the left here: https://youtu.be/j6iXDkTnlZY?t=78  Looks totally out of place in a city environment. I mentioned it earlier but BFC doesn´t  care

I don't really know where that came from, I inherited it a while back.... can changed I think??

Do you have a list giving an overview of all the changed buildings and flavor objects added? Would help greatly if doing new map designs. 🙂

No but would be a great idea to put in the Read Me pdf i made??

3 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

??? Did you change the name like I was telling you on a pm ?

Why you don't tell me nothing about ?

Could you send me a pic ?

I will check it out !

I will have to reload will do it so we can sort it out... Cheers

3 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

I have this one in 3d but have to check for copyright !

JM

I would ❤️❤️❤️ that JM. 

Surely such a thing can't be too closely copyrighted?  We (or should I say you/Nigel) can change a horse's ear here, a cornice there and we have a different beast.

In Sniper Elite 2 I had the pleasure of sitting atop the Gate and whalopping the fleeing Fuhrer from afar.  A situation only bettered by hitting his gentleman's area in SE3, and also dropping a Uboat on his head in a different situation.

Alexanderplatz Berlin, it's amazing by using actual 1945 aerial maps and old photos how close one can get, (given the restrictions the game have built in) but getting there. Notice how I try to copy the actual buildings the best I can. I make the buildings to give it an authentic feel, where as the vanilla building cannot achieve this. Some will never know that they even resemble the real builds as you would have to have knowledge of the area. Cheers

Great read about the history of Alexanderplatz:

https://anderes-berlin.de/alexanderplatz-vom-ersten-zum-zweiten-weltkrieg/

1fb2RH.jpg

2 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Surely such a thing can't be too closely copyrighted?  We (or should I say you/Nigel) can change a horse's ear here, a cornice there and we have a different beast.

In Sniper Elite 2 I had the pleasure of sitting atop the Gate and whalopping the fleeing Fuhrer from afar.  A situation only bettered by hitting his gentleman's area in SE3, and also dropping a Uboat on his head in a different situation.

lol did you video it...that's mental...lol

1 minute ago, NPye said:

mental

Mental indeed but obviously part of the Sniper Elite 'setup'.  You even get a slo-mo genital parts removal, as you can with any sniper shot.  I think he had two though 🤔.  Anyway, great fun if you like that sort of thing.  Co-op is an option if you fancy it?

1 hour ago, NPye said:

If you give me ur email address i'll forward you the 1-9 builds which when added with the others much less time as you don't have to worry about how the windows turn out by default ie 5 at the front 4 at the back and 2 at the sides, with the designed builds I still have to make this correct on each building as the modular buildings only have 1 facing that is repeated on all 4 sides, and that can take ages. What I do now is only have the 1-9 mod builds live. Layout my city...I use 1944 aerial maps as a trace, then i make all the buildings live to get some variation on the map, and on large maps buildings can be used as landmarks just like in real life. If you want ill send the whole thing over via email????

Hm... just started checking out all the Berlin stuff. I first need a better overview for any my judgement or applicability on my own map WIP´s. This will take some time. How big would be the file as my (main) email addy just takes a certain amount of attachments? Better would be a dropbox share IMO and for all those like help testing or using these. 😎

Think your map is just fine considering the limits of given CM map layouts. As long as we can just use 90 or 45° stuff. But someone made a mod for 22.5° roads at least. But not that much usefull for city layouts I think. Otherwise building textures are just fine as well, giving the right feel and looks for Berlin or similar big german/eastern european cities. 😎

13 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

So we work together to remove the Fuhrer's testicles (or testicle).

EDIT: In years to come if there are any, this may seem a little strange?

EDIT 2: But we must be careful:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/berlin-munich-b1971378.html

LOL who would pay an old bloke to cut their nads off...the world is a crazy place....