Berlin CMRT Map

13 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I really hope that the next FB module will include the British and Commonwealth forces, and is not too US-centric. It'll also need stuff like LVT, DUKW and Buffalo for operations like the Battle of the Scheldt and Operation Plunder.

BF can have my teeth if it'll help speed it up 😉 (in exchange for some secret sauce of course).

I´d expect they add 2-3 campaigns from CW side and maybe one from german. US involvement likely is delivered by means of single scenarios I´d guess.

LVT, DUKW and Buffalo would be great, as would be adding the WASP! 🔥🥰

22 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I was playing as the Russians against the AI. Maybe if a few more tweaks can be made I might give it another go. I'm not sure my editing skills are up to the job.

Hm... if you´ve not tried yet I´d try the following. Giving your flyboys some required pre battle intel on enemy meaty targets. Give germans (AIP) some immobilized vehicles (a truck will do oftenly) and place them where you want your air support doing some trouble. Set pre battle friendly intel to 100% BUT make everybody else (AIP forces) a "reinforcement". Pity is earliest arrival is 5 minutes into the game unfortunately. Off course in order to have these reinforcements beeing placed exactly like you did during AI forces setup, there got to be no setup zones placed for them. IIRC I got this to work in a mission of mine, though with different type of map (forested) and situation.

52 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Let me know if you need that new model army map expanded with other stuff. As you´d likely noticed I´d mostly placed the first object from each flavor category with a number of exceptions where I placed 2-3 maybe. But glad it´s of some use for you. 😎

Okay, some englishmen insider talking then. Beyond a german´s grasp it seems. 😆

Hm... from my believe a flavor objects "size" is not defined by its actual geometry but rather through bounding boxes as most likely beeing defined by accessible META data in Blender. Some my messing around with META 2 years back indicated this. If we figure out this data your mentioned idea could "maybe" get to work to some extend. Bits of a difficult affair then. If you i.e check the cart flavor objects on map placement and turning properties you get the idea. And I also believe there´s META data dealing with an objects placement, as well as its pivot point and maybe more. 🤪

Yup. My latest testing on new model army map. Create a breach by means of a breach team on following terrain combo:

1. Place terrain tiles (something vehicles can move through normally)
2. Place flavors (teeth in this case)
3. Place Hedgehogs/Teeth mod
4. Place wire fences (this got to be last step!)

bazZCq3.jpg

Here´s results:

Breach team preparing the job.

Q0wwaoA.jpg

KABOOM

bgQDbf9.jpg

A job done

QoK40Zw.jpg

Come on. It´s all cleared now.

HpjF6Ze.jpg

Thanks. 🤪

ZJpjbSl.jpg

As can be seen effects are bits of an overkill. Beside making a 5 meter wide gap in the cattle fence, all off the flavors and hedgehogs/teeth got removed as well. lol 😅 So doesn´t quite look like the optimal solution. But it "works". Basically. 😜

My latest test setup included the Wespe 105mm (see above) and it´s capable doing the clearing job already. But by nature of the target terrain order it needs a couple shots to hit the desired action spot at all. "When" it hits then usual between 1-3 flavors get "removed" at average. That for flavors. Haven´t tested on hedgehog obstacles/teeth yet, but should likely work this way as well.

I love those Dragon Teeth! Are they available yet?

Personally I also would like to see bigger trees and better (and deeper) trenches. Trenches are looking so awful that I seldom use them (fox holes instead). 

41 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Hm... if you´ve not tried yet I´d try the following. Giving your flyboys some required pre battle intel on enemy meaty targets. Give germans (AIP) some immobilized vehicles (a truck will do oftenly) and place them where you want your air support doing some trouble. Set pre battle friendly intel to 100% BUT make everybody else (AIP forces) a "reinforcement". Pity is earliest arrival is 5 minutes into the game unfortunately. Off course in order to have these reinforcements beeing placed exactly like you did during AI forces setup, there got to be no setup zones placed for them. IIRC I got this to work in a mission of mine, though with different type of map (forested) and situation.

I didn't create the scenario. It is @NPye's work. I wouldn't know how to make any of the changes that you suggest. It was as much as my old brain could manage editing out some of the private cars. 

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Personally I also would like to see bigger trees and better (and deeper) trenches. Trenches are looking so awful that I seldom use them (fox holes instead). 

I think @Lucky_Strike is yet doing some finishing touches on them. As for trees I think he also can give some answers. Those his custom made (or tweaked) trees seem bigger already?

IQ9z6v3.jpg

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I didn't create the scenario. It is @NPye's work. I wouldn't know how to make any of the changes that you suggest. It was as much as my old brain could manage editing out some of the private cars. 

Ah okay. @NPye should know then. 😎 The early intel 100% and reinforcement method has this one disadvantage that you got to keep friendly and enemy (AIP) forces bits at a distance. Otherwise one might find oneself in enemy LOF at turn 5 unexpectedly, when the game dropped AIP reinforcements onto the map that turn. So some AIP "delaying" forces can be left out from reinforcements group (remain at initial placement AS) and then are part of 100% intel, thus beeing visible (not spotted necessarily) right at games start. These can keep the human player "busy" and prevent him from moving forward all too fast initially (before AIP reinf. drop in).

But that´s not unrealistic, considering one doesn´t always move into battle entirely blind. Early Intel has also some benefits when given to the AIP. At least it "encourages" it making more (and better) use of its Arty. assets. Pairing it with TRP´s can provide a human player with some nasty surprises, which are not "cheating" IMO. Counts for early intel of say 10 to 30% maybe. Setting AIP´s early intel very high would surely give the human player some some additional challenges. 😅

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

I think @Lucky_Strike is yet doing some finishing touches on them. As for trees I think he also can give some answers. Those his custom made (or tweaked) trees seem bigger already?

IQ9z6v3.jpg

Sure looks like it, but it's somewhat difficult to judge from this (gorgeous) screenshot. Large trees would look SO good in villages or around rivers. I think LS's trees look great. As all his work does. But as I said before, I'm hugely impressed with all of you and your work.

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Ah okay. @NPye should know then. 

I did take another look at the Scenario Editor having gathered up some of my wayward marbles. I managed to work out how to delete the flyboys altogether. So, I won't have them bombing me when I give it another go. 

I'll still probably lose the battle but that is another story.

34 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I did take another look at the Scenario Editor having gathered up some of my wayward marbles. I managed to work out how to delete the flyboys altogether. So, I won't have them bombing me when I give it another go. 

I'll still probably lose the battle but that is another story.

It is difficult to win this one...but can be done....

On 10/20/2022 at 10:13 AM, Lucky_Strike said:

Here's me farthing guv'...

Y8eF2kE.jpg

Very nice!  Nice patina too.  I'm a collector, but most of my youngest coins are from the 5th century or earlier.  I do collect some Jetons from Europe.  Here is one of my favorites (one century earlier than yours):

IMG_5048.thumb.JPEG.ea0e22d4edc516abdc8fb3fd68ed1d2d.JPEG

23 minutes ago, NPye said:

LMAO U done it , wow stationery would be perfect but a moving one lol Awesome

🤣 every time I see it I gotta laugh. In a bit of a hurry and will send it to you later but just to say that video is speeded up x4 !!!!!

It's based on the Protze which really was about the only unarmed vehicle that I could find that doesn't figure in Berlin. But it doesn't go fast on railway tracks and sounds ridiculous. First time I tried it I think it broke an axle!

Good thing is that the Russians will target it, great target for aircraft.

1 hour ago, Probus said:

Very nice!  Nice patina too.  I'm a collector, but most of my youngest coins are from the 5th century or earlier.  I do collect some Jetons from Europe.  Here is one of my favorites (one century earlier than yours):

Cool. That looks more Ancient Greek than something from 1579. No winners in that fight!

12 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Let me know if you need that new model army map expanded with other stuff. As you´d likely noticed I´d mostly placed the first object from each flavor category with a number of exceptions where I placed 2-3 maybe. But glad it´s of some use for you. 😎

I'd imagine that each type of flavor object behaves in the same way so it will be perfect for testing.

Much of English humour is beyond anyone's grasp, even us English struggle with it sometimes - Warts will explain it.

Hm... from my believe a flavor objects "size" is not defined by its actual geometry but rather through bounding boxes as most likely beeing defined by accessible META data in Blender. Some my messing around with META 2 years back indicated this. If we figure out this data your mentioned idea could "maybe" get to work to some extend. Bits of a difficult affair then. If you i.e check the cart flavor objects on map placement and turning properties you get the idea. And I also believe there´s META data dealing with an objects placement, as well as its pivot point and maybe more. 🤪

Yes, there are bounding boxes in Blender but I don't think those are the same thing. I think it's all going to be a lot of trial and error, which is fine. As I become more proficient with Blender it's quicker to make a rough model and test it.

Yup. My latest testing on new model army map. Create a breach by means of a breach team on following terrain combo:

So if I'm reading (and seeing) this correctly your breach team cleared a path through flavor teeth, hedgehog teeth and wire fence - but I thought the hedgehog teeth behaved just like normal hedgehogs and were indestructible (like Captain Scarlet). OR do you have a hidden path through which is a gap in the hedgehog teeth filled with the flavor teeth?

As can be seen effects are bits of an overkill. Beside making a 5 meter wide gap in the cattle fence, all off the flavors and hedgehogs/teeth got removed as well. lol 😅 So doesn´t quite look like the optimal solution. But it "works". Basically. 😜

Creating a narrow gap is gonna be quite hard but as you say it doesn't matter too much because it works and gives the player the potential route that is needed for gameplay. Hiding the routes for added difficulty would be good and all of this would be done in the open under fire - not easy.

That for flavors. Haven´t tested on hedgehog obstacles/teeth yet, but should likely work this way as well.

I blasted away at the hedgehog teeth for ages with both 105mm and 155mm just made a lot of big holes in the ground.

bazZCq3.jpg

Here´s results:

Breach team preparing the job.

Q0wwaoA.jpg

KABOOM

bgQDbf9.jpg

A job done

QoK40Zw.jpg

Come on. It´s all cleared now.

HpjF6Ze.jpg

Thanks. 🤪

ZJpjbSl.jpg

My latest test setup included the Wespe 105mm (see above) and it´s capable doing the clearing job already. But by nature of the target terrain order it needs a couple shots to hit the desired action spot at all. "When" it hits then usual between 1-3 flavors get "removed" at average. That for flavors. Haven´t tested on hedgehog obstacles/teeth yet, but should likely work this way as well.

Impressing test, sad that the ground is not affected this must stay normal a crater by these explosion, nothing to say about you Harry, is only about the system of the game and effects, but I hope that we can added your job in a future mod.

Really interresting what you created with Lucky and the wish of Nigel !

JM

3 hours ago, Probus said:

Really nothing about you or your Avatar, was only a joke,...well admetting a black one sorry but with the time you know me (I hope you feel better guy) !

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

2 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Nahhh mate, doesn't really sit well.

What about ....

🤪

You and Harry are making lot of stuffs interresting for now, nice to see a train moving on his rail, with what are you becoming it, ? 

I guess, with the vehicle ready in CM like Opel Kadett  ?

You know that you can use lot of vehicles "movable" when you replace it from the opel Kadett as name (vehicle) !

I was making some test with the tractor and excavator in CMBS and its work !

JM

12 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Soon my friend. There will be an initial release for these as proper defensive works, then I hope we can have a set of flavor object defensive works that will use some clever trickery, which Harry has been figuring out, so that we can have far more variety (at the expense of out lovely fountains and monuments). Think proper looking Westwall - that's our dream 🦄

As for trenches ... yes, nobody really likes how they look so it's a pet project of mine to try to improve them through a bit of modding, a bit of Blending and some careful landscaping. BUT they's a lot of work, and ...

8 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Sure looks like it, but it's somewhat difficult to judge from this (gorgeous) screenshot. Large trees would look SO good in villages or around rivers. I think LS's trees look great. As all his work does. But as I said before, I'm hugely impressed with all of you and your work.

Yes there's this - bigger trees, burnt trees and landscape, and that Panzer IV bunker - there were more of these used in the Berlin defence than the Pantherturms, so I figured we could use one - but it requires quite a bit of fine-tuning to make it of any use to the player. However I have nearly worked it out and done the model, just a wrinkle or two to iron out and that's ready. Oh and there's that train as well 🥴

As ever, thanks for your interest and support!