Lucky Strike's Mods: Hedgerow Hell - it's here!

Hey Lucky Man I am really enjoying the panache of your Hell Work, however I have a question regarding Booties Vid do we have to installing the Barbarico tool to have more effects or this dont play any roll ?
In the jungle of the differents presets is not really easy to see clear...

Yeah! you deserve to have a citation under your name, and you just enter in the Dinosaurs Modders like, Mord Umlaut Aris and ManyMany others cos your mod is a must now you have only to jump to the others modulesšŸ¤£...

By the way have somebody some news about Mord ?

55 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

Hey Lucky Man I am really enjoying the panache of your Hell Work, however I have a question regarding Booties Vid do we have to installing the Barbarico tool to have more effects or this dont play any roll ?
In the jungle of the differents presets is not really easy to see clear...

Yeah! you deserve to have a citation under your name, and you just enter in the Dinosaurs Modders like, Mord Umlaut Aris and ManyMany others cos your mod is a must now you have only to jump to the others modulesšŸ¤£...

By the way have somebody some news about Mord ?

Hey @3j2m7Ā - you always manage to put a smile on my faceĀ šŸ˜

Quick answer, no you donā€™t need the Barbarico shader. Longer answer - Barbaricoā€™s shaderĀ replaces the stock movie mode with a more stylised look. I sometimes use a variation that RockinHarry made some time back,Ā a more subtle version.Ā My mod is designed to give a natural colour palette, the shaders, or ReShade,Ā can be used to alter that palette to your personal taste, but none are necessary.

We can pingĀ his Mordness to see if he is around.

Thanks you for thease added infos.

Be kind and respectfull with peoples that you appreciated, be quite with the others I think this is the mode of some forums...

Yes longtime ago, that we don t listening something about this sympatheticĀ guy,Ā Ā all my hope is with him !šŸ€

4 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

Thanks you for thease added infos.

Be kind and respectfull with peoples that you appreciated, be quite with the others I think this is the mode of some forums...

Yes longtime ago, that we don t listening something about this sympatheticĀ guy,Ā Ā all my hope is with him !šŸ€

You are welcome my friend.

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

LS, is it possible there's a problem with the Bocage test file? I can't seem to open it in the Editor, nor load in Battles. Probably me doing something wrong, so don't be alarmed. šŸ˜€

ErmĀ šŸ¤” it might be that itā€™s made/edited in the latest game version. I will go and have a look at the actual file from the most recent uploads to check itā€™s not become corrupted in some way. Otherwise I canā€™t think of another reason it wonā€™t open.

5 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

ErmĀ šŸ¤” it might be that itā€™s made/edited in the latest game version. I will go and have a look at the actual file from the most recent uploads to check itā€™s not become corrupted in some way. Otherwise I canā€™t think of another reason it wonā€™t open.

That's it. I haven't installed the latest update yet! Thanks, LS! šŸ¤“

Edited by Aragorn2002

9 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

That's it. I haven't installed the latest update yet! Thanks, LS! šŸ¤“

Ah good. The last version of the file was modifiedĀ 7 November 2020 at 17:48.

There's not much to see, it's quite a small map with just some Germans, but lots of undergrowth and bocage, mostly examples of how best to use the bocage and doodads to achieve the kind of look that I imagined.

Enjoy!

7 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Ah good. The last version of the file was modifiedĀ 7 November 2020 at 17:48.

There's not much to see, it's quite a small map with just some Germans, but lots of undergrowth and bocage, mostly examples of how best to use the bocage and doodads to achieve the kind of look that I imagined.

Enjoy!

Exactly what I need to fine tune this superb mod.

40 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Exactly what I need to fine tune this superb mod.

Yes, that's the idea. The only things that you may need to alter in the editor are the crop type, I think it's set toĀ crop1 short, and maybe try a bit of marsh. Otherwise I think everything was featured one way or another, so you can switch most of the textures in and out to see what you prefer. Also maybe worth changing the weather conditions to see how things look in the rain for example.

15 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Yes, that's the idea. The only things that you may need to alter in the editor are the crop type, I think it's set toĀ crop1 short, and maybe try a bit of marsh. Otherwise I think everything was featured one way or another, so you can switch most of the textures in and out to see what you prefer. Also maybe worth changing the weather conditions to see how things look in the rain for example.

I think I found a Christmas tree on your map! šŸ˜€ In fact more than one.

Edited by Aragorn2002

On 12/12/2020 at 6:40 PM, Lucky_Strike said:

My favorite crop type is tall oats with cornflowers. I love those blue flowers in the soft yellow-brown of the oats.

On 12/19/2020 at 1:53 PM, Aragorn2002 said:

My favorite crop type is tall oats with cornflowers. I love those blue flowers in the soft yellow-brown of the oats.

Have to say that crops were a particular bugbear of mine - they probably took the longest to make of all the doodads, large textures with the need for lots of different versions of the same thing, and yet still trying to make them look natural, flax being by far the hardest.

Have you tried the stubble versions - these would probably be appropriate for the Low Countries in September. Do they burn stubble in the Netherlands? That might be another possible crop doodad. So far I'm thinking potatoes, stubble, maybe sprouts or cabbage, some sort of beet.

54 minutes ago, Falaise said:

here the important word is: less

šŸŽ„

I can't delete your tree but hey ho, ho, ho.

I was just going to say that the term 'less crappy' does imply a remaining element of 'crappy'.Ā  Of course this may have nothing to do with Lucky_Strike's fine work šŸ™‚.

And Merry Christmas from me too.

• 2 years later...