Lucky Strike's Mods: Hedgerow Hell - it's here!

Thank you Lucky!   It wasn't quite clear...   does one need Part 1 as well, or is everything in Part 2?

BTW, re your "...after about eight months and countless thousands of hours of work..." labor(!).  That is stunning.  We all owe you many thanks.

PS: Very well written and detailed readme.  

Edited by Erwin

17 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Mod God 😎 I like the sound of that - I want to have it under my name in the sidebar, how'd I do that, like your, err, Throbbing Member

It's the least I can do...

1. log in
  2. click your user name on the top right corner of the forum
  3. click the "Edit Profile" button on the right corner of your "Cover Photo"
  4. enter your text in the "Member Title" field
  5. click "Save" in the lower right corner

7 hours ago, slippy said:

Brilliant work Lucky Strike, definitely one of my favourite mods. Been following your work for a while, so in some small way i can appreciate the work and effort you have put in to release this mod. Much appreciated mate. 😉 

Thanks Slippy. Appreciate your support.

Sorry, forgive me asking - we’re you Born Slippy? - long in the tooth Underworld fan so can’t help myself ;)

32 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Thank you Lucky!   It wasn't quite clear...   does one need Part 1 as well, or is everything in Part 2?

BTW, re your "...after about eight months and countless thousands of hours of work..." labor(!).  That is stunning.  We all owe you many thanks.

PS: Very well written and detailed readme.  

Thanks Erwin. I may have exaggerated a little, but it’s certainly well over a thousand hours. Every COVID cloud has a silver lining ...

To clarify - you DON’T need Part 1 as well, Part 2 has everything in it BUT if you want a good basis/starting point then install a set from Part 1 and add in any options you like from Part 2.

Part 1 is the easy route to bucolic countryside views, it gives you a full set of textures, but not every optional texture. So if you install Part 1 you will get, for example, large Oak trees, if you want different large trees, say Ash trees, then you need Part 2. If these things are not so important and you just want a nice, easy install with a good set of new textures then Part 1 will do the job.

I got carried away when I was making stuff, every now and then I’d find a great new bit of reference and think ooh we’ve got to have Sycamore trees, or Sheep’s Fescue grass, or whatever, and then @Falaise would pop up and drop a bombshell into the conversation about how we can have loads of textures for Bocage, or @benpark would drop by with suggestions about thickets. It all goes into the melting pot and the thing gets bigger and bigger, so here we are. Thing is, I still have lots more fantastic references for other textures. I found a great source just as I was finishing some of the last trees and Bocage textures, they haven’t made the cut, yet, but one has to stop somewhere ...

Enjoy!

47 minutes ago, Peter Panzer said:

It's the least I can do...

1. log in
  2. click your user name on the top right corner of the forum
  3. click the "Edit Profile" button on the right corner of your "Cover Photo"
  4. enter your text in the "Member Title" field
  5. click "Save" in the lower right corner

Sadly I don’t have a ‘Member Title’ field to edit, I’ll just have to stay a mere mortal for now. Probably have to earn it from number of posts or some such. Oh well, the praise and happy faces of all you guys will have to do 😉

5 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

After 3 tries yesterday, I still have been unable to download the hi-res option. More precisely, the whole thing downloads, by I get the corrupt file notice and the hi-res folder is empty. Just an FYI; I can live without it. 
 Great stuff Lucky Strike!

Thanks @mjkerner. Did this apply to all the links, not just the Dropbox ones. I will try them in a moment to see what I get. If you still can’t get anything let me know, I have another set on my paid-for cloud backup which should work, I can PM you those.

37 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

After 3 tries yesterday, I still have been unable to download the hi-res option. More precisely, the whole thing downloads, by I get the corrupt file notice and the hi-res folder is empty. Just an FYI; I can live without it. 
 Great stuff Lucky Strike!

@mjkerner Okay, I tried the Google Drive links which seem to be working, you can find them on this message:

Otherwise one of the links on this message should work. They are links to folders that contain the three possible downloads:

Do let me know if you're still getting problem downloads.

Edited by Lucky_Strike
Can't spell for toffee

Finally, they are here - and man, were they worth they wait!

I´ve just downloaded and tested the mod set on a few of my own scenarios (because I know in detail what they are supposed to look like). And what a huge difference! Amazing and beautiful work. 👍👍👍

Hedgerow1.jpg?dl=1

Hedgerow2.jpg?dl=1

Hedgerow3.jpg?dl=1

Got it up and running, looking nice! :)

There is too much to try out with this!  😉 Thanks for the massive effort!

Some screems:

1317809602_CombatMissionBattleForNormandyScreenshot2020_11.09-21_30_36_23.thumb.png.3e2d00d66a67e8f006aa642ea35d1349.png

563408188_CombatMissionBattleForNormandyScreenshot2020_11.09-21_48_15_88.thumb.png.f665ee378eba21b3998e3dbd46b45875.png

456872204_CombatMissionBattleForNormandyScreenshot2020_11.09-21_49_18_85.thumb.png.37341e4fdbc4ee0bee802c4f086f1edf.png

Only reshade seems not making much difference on or off even though I got your setup loaded and all updated etc. Not expecting support, just curious if it looks different for others. I made a new install on CMBN as I hadn't setup reshade for it. Perhaps I'll try to overwrite the ini and shaders from the .rar again. Anyway that's a small detail. 

1970401439_CombatMissionBattleForNormandyScreenshot2020_11.09-21_52.14_52.thumb.png.e8fcaf2f4969c22de2b6cbc3916ff45a.png

293638311_CombatMissionBattleForNormandyScreenshot2020_11.09-21_52_17_44.thumb.png.18c9231c3548592ae31629aa2b9b26b3.png

4 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Sadly I don’t have a ‘Member Title’ field to edit

Same here, so although we show as senior (perhaps only by age) we are not senior enough 😄.

Anyway, some great screenshots. 

I noticed my 'draw' range is not so long using the easy high res version, probably a couple of hundred metres for stuff in the fields?  Not a biggie but the plants cropping up as I scroll around looks a bit odd.  I assume a lower res would give a longer draw range or is it something else? 

I'm on a GTX 1060 which is pretty much okay for most things but not as good as my son's Fortnite rig (240Hz RTX 2060 Super) 🙄... and yes, I paid for it.

5 hours ago, Lethaface said:

Just saw this and downloaded from dropbox no problem. Greedy clicks got the manual, file 1 and 2 without problems before I read about download errors. I was signed in into dropbox, perhaps that makes a difference?

Anyway, thanks! These will sure look great :)

Thanks Lethaface. Not sure if being signed-in to Dropbox helps, guess you may be able to make a direct transfer to your own Dropbox, I don’t know much about the inner workings of Dropbox. I thought it had suspended sharing the files, that’s their message said to me yesterday, maybe that was only temporary. Still, if they are working again that’s a plus.

Enjoy!

5 hours ago, umlaut said:

Finally, they are here - and man, were they worth they wait!

I´ve just downloaded and tested the mod set on a few of my own scenarios (because I know in detail what they are supposed to look like). And what a huge difference! Amazing and beautiful work. 👍👍👍

Wow! Thanks for sharing those images umlaut 😎

Absolutely love all the added details in those scenarios, incredible stuff and excellent promo for the mod. 🙏 Thanks!

5 hours ago, mjkerner said:

No, Lucky Strike, I tried Google Drive, whatever the MEGA thing was (or was that part of Google??), and Dropbox, and it was the same for all three, so it must be on my end.

I’ll PM you with the links to my archived files, see if you get any joy with them.

MEGA is what used to be some dodgy file sharing outfit that had to go legitimate AFAIK.

When I get to my desktop I’ll send you that message.

4 hours ago, Lethaface said:

Got it up and running, looking nice! :)

There is too much to try out with this!  😉 Thanks for the massive effort!

Some screems:

Great, thanks for these Lethaface. It’s amazing to see the textures afresh, even though I’m so familiar with them.

4 hours ago, Lethaface said:

Only reshade seems not making much difference on or off even though I got your setup loaded and all updated etc. Not expecting support, just curious if it looks different for others. I made a new install on CMBN as I hadn't setup reshade for it. Perhaps I'll try to overwrite the ini and shaders from the .rar again. Anyway that's a small detail. 

Hmm, it looks to me like the various shaders aren’t loading. I can see that you have the ini selected, but only three shaders look to be working. I doubt that the Mask will work too effectively as that tends to be very specific to screen res, aspect ratio etc. You also won’t notice too much of an effect with eye adaption. What version of ReShade is that? What I might need to do is update my ReShade and try to get a newer version of the ini for you. I can always revert back to my current version.

3 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Same here, so although we show as senior (perhaps only by age) we are not senior enough 😄.

Hah, I think the Forum Gods are most powerful, we will have to wait our turn. Either that or it’s like the US Supreme Court where one of the elders has to pop their cloggs before we can rise up, not that I’m wishing that on anyone of course 😉

I noticed my 'draw' range is not so long using the easy high res version, probably a couple of hundred metres for stuff in the fields?  Not a biggie but the plants cropping up as I scroll around looks a bit odd.  I assume a lower res would give a longer draw range or is it something else?

It’s been so long since I looked at draw distances, I’ll have to take another look. Are your options maxed, I found that I could get all the textures whilst dialling it done a notch, that may help a bit. As for the pop-up plants - I thought that was normal, I’ve always been aware of that weirdness. So maybe that’s related to high res mods. I’ll have to experiment a little, see what effects what.

I'm on a GTX 1060 which is pretty much okay for most things but not as good as my son's Fortnite rig (240Hz RTX 2060 Super) 🙄... and yes, I paid for it.

I think you should be alright with 1060. I run it on an 2019 27” iMac, with some kind of Radeon, at some silly high resolution, not 4K but not far off, and that’s okay, just no decent mist effects. For my gaming I made a little PC with a 4.something GHz i3 and GTX 1660, which is no high-end GPU - it makes a better fist of the effects AND I can run ReShade, all at high res, though it does stutter with depth effects. Try the medium res, they are still pretty good, I use them a lot. Trees and Bocage especially seem to slow stuff down. Or it may be time to, huhum, borrow that RTX 2060.

6 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Inspired by the above. I decided to change my description, I was getting bored with "Senior Member". And I just followed the helpful hints given earlier in the thread.

No doubt it’s based on age. Am now feeling very inadequate and left out. Will have to post lots of pointless responses - yes, no, I agree, I beg to differ 😀 🤩 🖖 - just to get my count up to earn some God-like status. Hmph ...

5 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

No doubt it’s based on age. Am now feeling very inadequate and left out. Will have to post lots of pointless responses - yes, no, I agree, I beg to differ 😀 🤩 🖖 - just to get my count up to earn some God-like status. Hmph ...

They way it should work if you follow Peter Panzer's tips is that when you click on Edit Profile, the first section is called Basic Info. One field will have you date of birth, the other field in your case should read Senior Member, which you can edit with something witty. Or, not as the case may be.

59 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

They way it should work if you follow Peter Panzer's tips is that when you click on Edit Profile, the first section is called Basic Info. One field will have you date of birth, the other field in your case should read Senior Member, which you can edit with something witty. Or, not as the case may be.

It's not a big issue but in my case if I do that it says birthday 'not telling' (so my comments on age and senior status may not be accurate 😉) and underneath there's a 'notify status updates' switch which is turned off.  There's nowt else.  I'll try turning the update status on...

Edit 1.  That made nae difference.  Do I need to put in my actual birthday instead of not telling? I'll try...

Edit 2. That made nae difference either.

Edited by Vacilllator