Back on Tracks Campaign is now available!

BFCElvis

21 hours ago, Gkenny said:

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Another thing I noticed was in mission 8 (Unexpected Resistance) at least 2 bmps seemed to have been given the wrong face direction - when I encountered them in their positions they were facing away from my side of the map.

I double checked this and can't see this from the units that start the battle on map. I think you may have got lucky and ambushed some reinforcing Syrian Units before they got to their final positions.

13 hours ago, BarendJanNL said:

Thanks for your quick response. Is that particular mission nearly implayable without the map? Eg, would you recommend quitting the first scenario and wait for the update? Also, what does the update comprise of?

I wouldn't say unplayable but there's less information presented than promised in the briefing. I think there was a mix up between the briefing graphics and the text in the briefing. I've tweaked the words to give the player intel in the briefing without laying out exactly where each minefield is located. See my earlier post on the matter.

As for changes:

- Briefing tweaks such as this one and issues raised earlier.

- Fix to Mission 5 Heartland. The VP allocation was out and made that mission far too difficult and unaligned to the briefing. I caught Smart Wargames stream the other night and my heart sank when we got to the AAR screen. The scenario played our largely as intended so no apologies for the RPG-29's - it is regional command and control center after all - but it shouldn't kick you out of the campaign at this point unless you are thoroughly trounced and can't capture the main objective. In which case the Dutch battlegroup stays behind in Al-Raqqah. The problem was that the final VP assigned still had some values leftover from the original release which made it incredibly hard to achieve with a depleted force. Got past me and the other other testers at the time.

Pretty sure it's in the Scenario Design part of the briefing but when we revamped this campaign we actually made it easier. The original kicked you out of the campaign following two defeats in a row no matter where you were in the campaign. Not to mention there wasn't any replenishment of headcount or vehicle repair throughout. :D

1 hour ago, Ithikial_AU said:

I double checked this and can't see this from the units that start the battle on map. I think you may have got lucky and ambushed some reinforcing Syrian Units before they got to their final positions.

I can send you a save file if you want, I think it was one of the rear ones (with the trenchline at the top right corner) and possibly one of the ones near a building with a BTR near the center of the map. I can send you a savefile if you want?

2 hours ago, Gkenny said:

I can send you a save file if you want, I think it was one of the rear ones (with the trenchline at the top right corner) and possibly one of the ones near a building with a BTR near the center of the map. I can send you a savefile if you want?

Nah that's fine, that should be enough info. I'll take another look tonight to triple check.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, in the briefing for mission 10 (Kameshli Airfield) it states the entire Dutch battlegroup is present at the start for the final mission, but I don't see the engineer platoon anywhere on map. Would be incredibly useful to have from the start.

Edited by Gkenny

9 hours ago, Erwin said:

Is December 11, 2019 the latest version of "Back On Tracks"?   (It would be helpful if there were dates on the downloadable scenarios and campaigns.)

Click on @BFCElvis link, then hover your cursor over each of the 5 campaigns to see their upload date. Back on Tracks is 10-19-20.

14 hours ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

hover your cursor over each of the 5 campaigns to see their upload date

I get that.  But "update date" isn't the same as the date when they were made.  Getting scenarios and mods from CMMODS can be confusing as so many look "new" but were made years ago for the Repository.

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

I get that.  But "update date" isn't the same as the date when they were made.  Getting scenarios and mods from CMMODS can be confusing as so many look "new" but were made years ago for the Repository.

Agreed about CMMODS but with Elvis's uploads you can be certain that you do have the latest version.