Back on Tracks Campaign is now available!

BFCElvis

• 2 weeks later...

Great to have the dutch back !

Im just having one issue with the CV90s. They are using their airburst rounds all the time instead of just targets in the open or in trenches, which means they waste their rounds targeting buildings etc. Here is a photo. All this makes their HE rounds useless when supporting.

https://resizeimage.net/viewimg/ZONS707GAIwgjdOg/xJ7Uo/sin-t--tulo.bmp 

Another thing has come up. Whats up with the GIL ATGM? almost 20 launches against static targets and just 3 hits, all of the mises falling just behind the target. AI know the GIL i just another name for the Spike ATGM, which ive worked with. I accept they can be some misses sometimes but this many?

15 hours ago, DasMorbo said:

I just bought CMSF 2 upgrade, on 17.12.2019. My question is: are all remade campaigns included already, or do I need to download this one (and maybe others)?

Only the British Campaign remains to be completed.

Unsure if the revamped campaigns that came out after release have been included in the master installer as of yet. Play it safe, download the files from BFCElvis' opening post and replace the content in the campaign folder before starting a campaign.

Edited by Ithikial_AU

11 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

Only the British Campaign remains to be completed.

Unsure if the revamped campaigns that came out after release have been included in the master installer as of yet. Play it safe, download the files from BFCElvis' opening post and replace the content in the campaign folder before starting a campaign.

One can discern the new and old .cam files by their file date. Dated 2009 is unmodified since SF1, The updated campaign files are dated 2018/2019.

Thanks, Ithikial!

You saved me from getting mental at some point in the near future - I had just started "The Khabour Trail" in its old version. Would have been a bad suprise...

On 12/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, Kevin2k said:

One can discern the new and old .cam files by their file date. Dated 2009 is unmodified since SF1, The updated campaign files are dated 2018/2019.

Good idea, will check!

Update: The NATO module campaigns are NOT in the master installer as of yet.

Edited by DasMorbo

On 12/21/2019 at 11:30 PM, Boche said:

Im just having one issue with the CV90s. They are using their airburst rounds all the time instead of just targets in the open or in trenches, which means they waste their rounds targeting buildings etc. Here is a photo. All this makes their HE rounds useless when supporting.

https://resizeimage.net/viewimg/ZONS707GAIwgjdOg/xJ7Uo/sin-t--tulo.bmp 

Furthermore they airburst their HE rounds in front of soft vehicles leaving them unharmed. 

Thanks all for the effort of updating this campaign! :)

One thing I noticed in the first mission is that the dutch infantry platoons (still) don't seem to have radio's on them and thus are out of c2 when outside of their vehicles. Both the recce HQ and the inf platoon hq's (at least the one in the YPR's, didn't check the CV-90 borne yet) seem to not have any radio carried on them.

As we all know, maintaining c2 is an important aspect of the game so this does have some impact.
Or am I missing something? Afaik there was an issue with this in CMSF2 which was supposed to be fixed a while back. 

On 1/1/2020 at 3:42 PM, Aquila-CM said:

Furthermore they airburst their HE rounds in front of soft vehicles leaving them unharmed. 

Seems there is an issue in CMBS with airburst rounds.  'Usually Hapless' H2H game had two incidents where airburst round exploded harmlessly above targeted Humvees.

9:20 mark

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 10:55 AM, Lethaface said:

Nobody else have the c2 / radio problem with the dutch forces? 

Yes, I'm having that as well.

I think C2 across all titles could use some revisions. Modern radios, ones that are rated for distances much, much larger than CM maps are failing even with point-to-point LOS (which you don't need for many modern military radios anyways)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/9/2020 at 12:37 AM, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

In the meantime did somebody found a workaround for preventing the CV90s ineffectively airbursting their ammunition? My Dutch campaign is currently on hold because of this issue.

Did notice this in a little test today. The 35mm shouldn't need that much 'exposure' I guess. The CV seems to be expending ammo like a bradley, although the cartridge and ammo capacity is quite different. 

I also did some testing with the Gill today (because others reported it did weird things, but didn't notice that so far), and I did find something very odd. It seems that it's flight path is inverted, instead of going 'up' (as a top attack missile should, and the ingame model does suggest such behavior) it goes 'down'. When I use it from an elevated position, it works fine. However, my test today was in a defilade against targets on a higher plateau. All missiles (2 teams firing about 4 or 5 each) skimmed the ground and intersected with the ground before reaching the target. I guess it is reproducible if this is not a 'known' bug yet. ?

Between the c2 radio issues, the Gill and the CV90 I'm holding back playing with the Dutch too, unfortunately. I hope the next patch will fix these things, at least there is plenty of other stuff during the wait (I don't see a patch coming 'soon' :D , because nothing was said about it until now).

Edited by Lethaface

In case you didn't read it already, this was the reaction of Steve in the 'year ahead bone post' in de CMRT forums when I asked about the different issues with the Dutch forces:

I can only speak to the radio thing as that is something I personally fixed.  Radios were missing from quite a few units across multiple nations. 

As I said above, we fix things as they are brought up.   I'm not always aware of them and even whe

can only speak to the radio thing as that is something I personally fixed.  Radios were missing from quite a few units across multiple nations. 

As I said above, we fix things as they are brought up.   I'm not always aware of them and even when I am that doesn't mean I remember 'em.  We have bug tracking software to do that ;)

n I am that doesn't mean I remember 'em.  We have bug tracking software to do that ;)

Edited by BarendJanNL

• 3 months later...

Is there any news available about the different issues for the Dutch in CMSF:2?

The current issues I am aware of:

- Gill/Spike MRAT inverted flight path resulting in missiles often connecting to the ground and not the intended target.

- Absence of Radio's on every level, from sections to FO's to commanders.

- Problems with Airburst munition for the CV90. Munition explodes on target, but before the target.

Last possible feature that would be absolutely great to have: 

- To extent the BAA recon mount on the Fennek vehicle, to make it possible to observe from hull-down positions, which is currently very difficult.

In case that is not possible, it would be a possible solution to make it possible to dismount with the BAA recon mount to have a stand-alone observation equipment, just as in RL

It would be great to get reaction about the current status of the issues mentioned above🙂

• BFCElvis unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Spoilers I guess, but in mission 9 of this campaign ("Over the Hill"), it states that there is a minefield present but we know the safe passage lanes, however I'm not seeing anything in either the tactical map or in game reference marks to indicate these safe lanes. I don't think this is intentional, right?

5 hours ago, Gkenny said:

Spoilers I guess, but in mission 9 of this campaign ("Over the Hill"), it states that there is a minefield present but we know the safe passage lanes, however I'm not seeing anything in either the tactical map or in game reference marks to indicate these safe lanes. I don't think this is intentional, right?

I think something got missed with the updated tac map as part of the revamp. I've tweaked the briefing alongside other fixes picked up over the the past few months. New version should be available soon. For your play through, avoid areas that provide cover and concealment on your approach.

1 minute ago, Ithikial_AU said:

I think something got missed with the updated tac map as part of the revamp. I've tweaked the briefing alongside other fixes picked up over the the past few months. New version should be available soon. For your play through, avoid areas that provide cover and concealment on your approach.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Another thing I noticed was in mission 8 (Unexpected Resistance) at least 2 bmps seemed to have been given the wrong face direction - when I encountered them in their positions they were facing away from my side of the map.