1 hour ago, Xorg_Xalargsky said:

@Oleksandr Nice to hear you're planning on more Polish content! But what of the rifle shown in the pictures you've sent? Don't you find the texture more green (giving it a modern painted look) than dark-brown (what you seem to have been going for, given what you said and the image and video you posted as a reference)? Was this intentional? Excellent work regardless.

The texture what I've used within this mod was basically the texture from the image - I guess when you upload certain things into the game it changes it a little bit. Yet, it may be also a screenshot thing. Because in the game it looks darker and less greeniesh sort of speak. 

So sometimes it can look very dark: 

kK8nLfu.png

and sometimes it might be more obviously green:

5qbdJET.png

So far I'm happy with the result. 

Olek attention the badge of the 2nd Corps is not worn on the right but on the left sleeve only
on the right sleeve you can put the badge of the 8th British corps insigne badge awarded after the fighting of Monte Cassino
you will have to remove the badges on the collar
and to put the one that corresponds to the regiment you want to present
in combat however we note that the collar insignia are rarely worn

an example of a Polish battle dress :

190914105259899625.jpg

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

on the right sleeve you can put the badge of the 8th British corps insigne badge awarded after the fighting of Monte Cassino

That could be problematic, since the maximum game date does not, or barely goes past the end of the battle of Monte Cassino. For now.

In my opinion the SMLE's wood looks way too green, very unnatural for a WW1/WW2 rifle. I don't see how you could be content with this result, Oleksandr.

Vein's CMFI uniform mod has textures for the Polish Carpathian Division. I suggest you check it out, though inaccuracies are present. An idea for a new mod could be the Kresowa Division.

Edited by Frenchy56

4 hours ago, Falaise said:

Olek attention the badge of the 2nd Corps is not worn on the right but on the left sleeve only
you will have to remove the badges on the collar
and to put the one that corresponds to the regiment you want to present
in combat however we note that the collar insignia are rarely worn

an example of a Polish battle dress :

190914105259899625.jpg

Thank you for the infor. I will work on these. Great stuff man! 

3 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

That could be problematic, since the maximum game date does not, or barely goes past the end of the battle of Monte Cassino. For now.

In my opinion the SMLE's wood looks way too green, very unnatural for a WW1/WW2 rifle. I don't see how you could be content with this result, Oleksandr.

Vein's CMFI uniform mod has textures for the Polish Carpathian Division. I suggest you check it out, though inaccuracies are present. An idea for a new mod could be the Kresowa Division.

Thank you for your feedback man, I will look in that. 

Question about decorations.

While Im reworking patches and badges on these polish soldiers I came out with a question:

There are 2 types of medals that I want to be represented within the game - and both of them are only for Jr and Sr officers.

SZcL5sT.png

5K1WKC3.png

My question to you would be: how should I represent them? By putting those medals simply as they are or as a columns? Now I know that those columns are for parade kind of events. But how would an officer wear his medal if he would like to go in combat with it. I know that most of the soldiers would ignore that and would go without. But it is important for me to represent those two medals and I will do it that way or another. Could anyone tell me what would be better - a column (or deck) or the medal itself. 

By the way if you will have a company level game you will have only few officers on the map with those medals so it will not be massive. But it is important for me. 

As another update - Im working on patches and those patches will be dirty but... HQ soldiers will be less dirty than regular units and officers higher than company level will be wearing nearly new and just a little dusty uniforms. Now the soldiers will be wearing really worn and dirty uniforms without any medals and with worn patches. This mod takes a little longer to make than I was thinking but Im glad that it goes like this. Thank you for your feedback. 

6LLOzmc.png

Work on Polish Forces N2.

Badges were reorganized and replaced + Kresowa Division Patch was added:

7ArPcnX.png

Most of the stuff is now dusty and well worn but certain things will remain pretty bright so that they can be easily recognized: 

xNQmbEz.png

Regular soldiers (not officers) are wearing even dirtier uniforms. Especially pants: 

vzQtQuM.png

Even though my mod simply represents Polish forces of that time - I've decided to follow an advice and add the patch of Kersowa Divsion. Minor details like buttons and corners were added as well. 

81aKR0S.png

At this moment, I'm figuring out few things about Jr and Sr officers. They will be decorated with some specific medals and the Lee Enfield rifle might be edited towards more brownish color (yet, I'm still thinking about it). 

Work on Polish Forces N3. 

Uniforms of all soldiers wearing warm weather clothing (there will be another mod for cold weather) were upgraded with many details: buttons, insignias, patches, shadows, officers recived specific decorations and medals (only officers will be wearing medals in this mod). 

ThMGRXV.png

Lee Enfield rifles were retextured into darker brown wood textures. 

hd27ROA.png

Moreover, additional HD textured were added to this rifle. 

PrOign1.png

There are also scratches on a rifle so it must look both - new and worn. 

Furthermore, dust and dirt were placed accordingly. So while playing you will see that regular soldiers are wearing dirtier uniforms than officers. Company level officers will wear dustier uniform while battalion command units will be wearing nearly clean uniforms. Minor details will be added to both Jr and Sr officer models. 

knExrmo.png

Basically it is nearly ready to be published. I will work few more days and then I will post it. Afterwords I will upgrade this mod according to new info what I will be learning and from your reflections on this mod. It is not going to be a minor mod - it is a big project. My next infantry mod in this game will be related to cold weather clothing, and the gear those units wearing. The gear will bo modified separatly because it is being used by several nations within this game. 

Hello Olek
I really like
the patina is very good!
however, I did not understand why you were putting the British 8th Corps badge
and it was I who misled you. I just read again that I was wrong in writing that this is the 8th Corps, I meant the 8th Army
the white shield with the yellow cross as in the photos

bravo 

30 minutes ago, Falaise said:

Hello Olek
I really like
the patina is very good!
however, I did not understand why you were putting the British 8th Corps badge
and it was I who misled you. I just read again that I was wrong in writing that this is the 8th Corps, I meant the 8th Army
the white shield with the yellow cross as in the photos

bravo 

Aha! I got it... I also thought about this stuff - I've seen it many times and I was like - ok ok lets see lol. But you didnt do anything wrong - thank you for your advices - without them I would do way worse. So I will add that shield today and then I will post the mod. Thank you my friend! 

H7iSTrA.jpg

CMFI: Armed Forces of Polant V1.0 is ready for downloads: 

UYqThkO.jpg

This is my first CMFI mod. In this mod I worked on uniforms, patches, insignias, medals, coronations, worn look, and helmets. This mod does not include winter uniforms as they would be placed into separate modification. This mod will be updated within time.

knExrmo.png

Key features:

Uniforms are updated and edited. 

Decorations added to Jr and Sr officers. It was a big deal for me and it was important for me to make those decorations represented within the game as they are important parts of Polish history.

So company level commanders are decorated with the Order of the Cross of Grunwald:

0MEl1f0.jpg

The Order of the Cross of Grunwald was conferred to Polish or the allied military for valour or merit in combat with Nazi Germany.

From the other hand - the Battalion level commanders are decorated with Order of Polonia Restituta.

rcN6k0f.jpg

It is conferred on both military and civilians as well as on foreigners for outstanding achievements in the fields of education, science, sport, culture, art, economics, national defense, social work, civil service, or for furthering good relations between countries.

ThMGRXV.png

Other patches and insignias were added as well. 

569UHgR.png

Work on those patches was a bit confusing for me as I'm not that good in terms history related to Allied forces. Mostly my knowledge about World War Two comes from Eastern Front events as both of my grand-grandfathers were fighting nazies. 

NgbtqzN.png

But two people @Frenchy56 and @Falaise helped me with that insignia problem. By following their advices I've changed my uniform configuration few times. 

I will be editing this mod in a future to achive greater results but for now it is what it is and I'm pretty happy about it. 

z8IQ0wL.png

In this mod regular soldiers are wearing way dirtier uniform than their officers. Jr Officers are wearing pretty decent amount of dust and dirt on them while Sr Officers are wearing nearly new uniforms. Different types of Polish style helmets are added as well. 

AVXnyXR.png

R89DU8f.png

Overall it is first modification of mine within CMFI setting and I'm pretty excited about it. 

I hope that some of you will enjoy it! 

Link to download: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-fortress-italy/cmfi-infantry/cmfi-armed-forces-of-poland-v1-0-by-oleksandr/

2 hours ago, benpark said:

Those are the nicest shoulder boards yet. Enjoy your strange distinction, as the rest of it looks great as well.

Due to my spelling errors (English is not my first language) I need to make one thing clear - when I said that both of my grand-grand fathers were fighting nazies I meant that they both were fighting against nazies.  I know that sometimes a missing word can make an entire phrase sound strange. Thats why Im clearifying this. I know that most of you probably understood what I was trying to say but I've decided to clearify that just in case I will be misunderstood. 

VIiEHSu.png