• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 7:53 AM, Megalon Jones said:

Fantastic work, Oleksandr.

What are you planning next?

Several weapons mods are on the go as well as winter equipment retexturing. I'm also planing to rework British gear a little bit - some parts of it will get new textures, some parts of it will get darker than they are at the moment. To be honest it a busy year for me but when something is ready I'm usually trying to post it. 

Little hint on what to expect in a closest future (and this element is literally included in the upcoming mod): 

FKTU5iT.jpg

CMFI: Vickers MG by Oleksandr

6XRTa0o.png

Retextured model of Vickers MG for CMFI originally made for Armed Forces of Poland. Yet, it will run perfectly to all allied forces that are using these machine guns. Major changes: ammo box, barrel, tripod, etc. Enjoy!

EeNEqVh.png

new details were added

BDnsUB7.jpg

ammo boxes were retextured

3w7XAlN.png

Tripod textures were added

FKTU5iT.jpg

overall a lot of small changes were added as well. Will not conflict with any other mod. 

RRUUYv4.png

Link: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-fortress-italy/cmfi-other/cmfi-vickers-mg-by-oleksandr/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/20/2019 at 3:39 PM, Oleksandr said:

CMFI: Armed Forces of Polant V1.0 is ready for downloads: 

UYqThkO.jpg

This is my first CMFI mod. In this mod I worked on uniforms, patches, insignias, medals, coronations, worn look, and helmets. This mod does not include winter uniforms as they would be placed into separate modification. This mod will be updated within time.

knExrmo.png

Key features:

Uniforms are updated and edited. 

Decorations added to Jr and Sr officers. It was a big deal for me and it was important for me to make those decorations represented within the game as they are important parts of Polish history.

So company level commanders are decorated with the Order of the Cross of Grunwald:

0MEl1f0.jpg

The Order of the Cross of Grunwald was conferred to Polish or the allied military for valour or merit in combat with Nazi Germany.

From the other hand - the Battalion level commanders are decorated with Order of Polonia Restituta.

rcN6k0f.jpg

It is conferred on both military and civilians as well as on foreigners for outstanding achievements in the fields of education, science, sport, culture, art, economics, national defense, social work, civil service, or for furthering good relations between countries.

ThMGRXV.png

Other patches and insignias were added as well. 

569UHgR.png

Work on those patches was a bit confusing for me as I'm not that good in terms history related to Allied forces. Mostly my knowledge about World War Two comes from Eastern Front events as both of my grand-grandfathers were fighting nazies. 

NgbtqzN.png

But two people @Frenchy56 and @Falaise helped me with that insignia problem. By following their advices I've changed my uniform configuration few times. 

I will be editing this mod in a future to achive greater results but for now it is what it is and I'm pretty happy about it. 

z8IQ0wL.png

In this mod regular soldiers are wearing way dirtier uniform than their officers. Jr Officers are wearing pretty decent amount of dust and dirt on them while Sr Officers are wearing nearly new uniforms. Different types of Polish style helmets are added as well. 

AVXnyXR.png

R89DU8f.png

Overall it is first modification of mine within CMFI setting and I'm pretty excited about it. 

I hope that some of you will enjoy it! 

Link to download: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-fortress-italy/cmfi-infantry/cmfi-armed-forces-of-poland-v1-0-by-oleksandr/

I like your work. However, the helmets are not mod tagged. Is there a reason for that? I just saw that they blend in with the Indian units.

• 1 month later...

Working on those Airborne forces: 

Rw5mdF4.png

The base of my work is 82nd Airborne Division. 

uJp5FxC.png

adding up some details

QxVY1sW.jpg

cILelvi.png

Will be doing American gear separately due to different branches represented in the game

pFi07Jf.png

Adding small eyecandies as usual:

E7jfR09.png

Do far the biggest problem was to put American flag on them troops. The problem was that making them big and added to a white bondage would look horrific within the game. 

So the flag will be kind of small yet the very same that've been used in real life: 

VE8DyE7.jpg

Obviously work on uniform never stops:

ESYJVri.jpg

Reading and listening a lot about US Airborne forces. It became more than a mod but a small interest of mine. I think it would be fair to say that Airborne forces got some charming operations in their backpack.

RFqjZ3e.png

Might be working on this mod longer than usual due to the busy life and the fact that I might include few variants of uniforms. 

So we'll see what happens when the mod is ready. Enjoy your week gentlemen. 

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

Don't forget a bit of rust or dark streaks where rain would have run down (and mud).  :)

Im thinking about some dust and sand with some additional insignias - want to do few variants of each with some pin up art, tactical signs and numbers and stuff like that. Still thinking. But I will not do them way to used because these ones are relatively new vehicles (its for 1943). And I would not make a lot of water marks since its a summer time in italy - which is at times close to desert. For Normandy I would do rusty and wet tanks - but from what I've seen on those pictures - they were dusty most of the time. Yet, I dont want them to be all that dusty as well... hm... I will need to think about all this. 

14 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

Im thinking about some dust and sand with some additional insignias - want to do few variants of each with some pin up art, tactical signs and numbers and stuff like that.

Sounds good.

14 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

would not make a lot of water marks since its a summer time in italy - which is at times close to desert.

Makes sense...