Custom 3D Models and Mods Compilation

3 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Great stuff Harry, proof of concept.

But I should point out there's another bug - there's a horse in the church, strictly against local bylaws! All horses should be tethered outside of the churchyard. 🤣

Lol, hey what about some cows in a Normandy field... lol

5 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

a little more and you can created also annimations... and created early wars I check already for the horse sounds 😝 !

JM

Hehe.... that´s a bit far fetched but I´d love seeing CM early wars as well. 😍 Case Yellow or White.

2 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Great stuff Harry, proof of concept.

But I should point out there's another bug - there's a horse in the church, strictly against local bylaws! All horses should be tethered outside of the churchyard. 🤣

Yep and that thanks to your earlier discoveries and concepts here 😎

... okay yes, but it was flavor object resurrection day. 😬

2 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Yes it's a real PITA. I always forget it has a habit of doing this with some stuff, sometimes it's fine but with these layered, multi textured objects it seems to cause mayhem. I also noticed the glitchy ruined walls on the barn.

Seeing the horse I suddenly had a thought, we could hitch a horse to one of the carts as a flavor object, someone might find it useful ...

The thing is one doesn´t always know what´s original MDR data and what beeing renamed by Blender (or importer?) 😛 At last it helped looking at unedited MDR files with my HEX editor first and then compare and fix in Blender if required. That basically. Then building files get exported and functioning nicely in game. Original MDR texture naming is in fact just material name and then CM engine pulls textures from an internal look up table sort of. That´s the key point for buildings and similar stuff using indexed textures. 😎

Horse & Carts = 😎 idea! @JM Stuff ?

1 hour ago, NPye said:

Lol, hey what about some cows in a Normandy field... lol

there´s still lots of space in CMBN farm flavor objects so why not? CMFB cow and horse is here: \final blitzkrieg v100a\terrain\flavor objects\farm

farm4.mdr - cow

farm5.mdr - horse

Push over to BN, dead ones or them revived in Blender. 😅 Will surely be interesting seeing pixeltroopers finding their paths among them.

Edit: As could´ve been expected they´re beeing considered obstacles.

vEI8hE6.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2eu5f5vqytewwxf/RHZ CMBN Horse and Cow.zip?dl=0

Edited by RockinHarry

52 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Hehe.... that´s a bit far fetched but I´d love seeing CM early wars as well. 😍 Case Yellow or White.

Yep and that thanks to your earlier discoveries and concepts here 😎

... okay yes, but it was flavor object resurrection day. 😬

The thing is one doesn´t always know what´s original MDR data and what beeing renamed by Blender (or importer?) 😛 At last it helped looking at unedited MDR files with my HEX editor first and then compare and fix in Blender if required. That basically. Then building files get exported and functioning nicely in game. Original MDR texture naming is in fact just material name and then CM engine pulls textures from an internal look up table sort of. That´s the key point for buildings and similar stuff using indexed textures. 😎

Well well let me breathe first with these (U&^💥🧑‍🦽🐥🐜 textures), then we can open a new world of wars, we are close to the ww1 with this, 😆 just a little animations from our Friend  @RockinHarry and hop the trench war is open later 1870... ! 😝

JM

35 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

there´s still lots of space in CMBN farm flavor objects so why not? CMFB cow and horse is here: \final blitzkrieg v100a\terrain\flavor objects\farm

farm4.mdr - cow

farm5.mdr - horse

Push over to BN, dead ones or them revived in Blender. 😅 Will surely be interesting seeing pixeltroopers finding their paths among them.

vEI8hE6.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2eu5f5vqytewwxf/RHZ CMBN Horse and Cow.zip?dl=0

hahah I dont saw this, revolt of animals !

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

3 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Some quick and dirty fur color additions (negative color image of original BMP). So it works by means of indexing BMP files names as usual. (horse 1.bmp, horse 2.bmp etc).

lFkkiiC.jpg

woaaw nice try now the cows horses colors , and the horse as cows colors 😆 ! no just joking, interresting Harry !

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

4 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Ah yes, that's a good solution. I wonder if this naming glitch explains why sometimes things don't export correctly. Most export errors I see are related to the two unknown metadata fields that always seem to be present in the list in Blender. Maybe they're references to an internal game database.

4 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Yeehaw!

3 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

farm4.mdr - cow

farm5.mdr - horse

Very nice, very rural and tranquil looking. Animal Farm ...

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Some quick and dirty fur color additions (negative color image of original BMP). So it works by means of indexing BMP files names as usual. (horse 1.bmp, horse 2.bmp etc).

That makes life very easy. A few different poses and we got a herd!

Just now, Lucky_Strike said:

Well we could, but they would look a bit stiff 🤣

well we are already with good intentions...if only we could manage anim and added some...I will check tomorrow in another game like Napoleonic or something else perhaps older games were using the same anim names like mds for Return Castle Wolfenstein, let us hope ??

JM

35 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

well we are already with good intentions...if only we could manage anim and added some...I will check tomorrow in another game like Napoleonic or something else perhaps older games were using the same anim names like mds for Return Castle Wolfenstein, let us hope ??

JM

Yeah, if we are gonna find a solution to the mds and animations it would be in one of these older games. Some a still active. That guy that I mentioned to you previously is still doing stuff, so might be able to offer you some advice.

35 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

I will not be sure seeing all stuffs that you Harry and nigel were doing for a week ago !!!

Hehe. It's all good. Nigel's trying out Blender as well now, so there's one more of us. There are definitely some folks lurking around who know a bit about this stuff as well. I just wish BF would get on and release BN on Steam as that will attract a lot of new people who might also be willing to have a go.

6 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Horse & Carts =  idea! @JM Stuff ?

we could do it now with carts but horses will not have anim like @NPye with his loco ! 😊

JM

unless you find objects readily rigged with skeleton and bones etc. And then get them to compatible MDS format. Haha...😜 But the stiff one is worth a try maybe.

6 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

I will not be sure seeing all stuffs that you Harry and nigel were doing for a week ago !!!

JM

6 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Hehe. It's all good. Nigel's trying out Blender as well now, so there's one more of us. There are definitely some folks lurking around who know a bit about this stuff as well. I just wish BF would get on and release BN on Steam as that will attract a lot of new people who might also be willing to have a go.

thanks to all our nice info exchange and sharing tips & tricks. Think it just can get better as long as we keep improving knowledge and skills this way. 😎 Imagine BFC would release the info beeing asked for since a decade or so. Modding scene would´ve exploded already....  💣💥 ... and the game series popularity likely as well.

"Stiffy" on the road ahead! WTF? 😅 Quick "draft" (yet lacking accessories) of the revived horse combined with (russian) cart1 named cart2 (in CMFB flavor objects - cart) So this is a CMFB test object. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsb21psk24anepk/RHZ Horse cart flavor2.zip?dl=0

4nuYxAL.jpg

and it´s beeing considered an obstacle. Vehicles will go around it.

Q2ifCQj.jpg

Edited by RockinHarry

7 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Ah yes, that's a good solution. I wonder if this naming glitch explains why sometimes things don't export correctly. Most export errors I see are related to the two unknown metadata fields that always seem to be present in the list in Blender. Maybe they're references to an internal game database.

Btw... after importing an MDR to Blender, then toggling system console shows some interesting loading info. Some of that confirms my assumptions re unknown 1&2 Meta data could be collision box data. That´s some interesting stuff to toy around with now.

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

"Stiffy" on the road ahead! WTF? 😅 Quick "draft" (yet lacking accessories) of the revived horse combined with (russian) cart1 named cart2 (in CMFB flavor objects - cart) So this is a CMFB test object. https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsb21psk24anepk/RHZ Horse cart flavor2.zip?dl=0

4nuYxAL.jpg

and it´s beeing considered an obstacle. Vehicles will go around it.

Q2ifCQj.jpg

You really are Rockin old boi... what about 2 horses towing a small artillery piece...lol The wehrmacht were still heavily reliant on horses even in 45 especially with the fuel crisis....