Can't launch

Loki

I see this same thing in Windows7.
Even though the activation says "Unlock Success", it doesn't remember this. I have reactivate.
And pressing Play does nothing.

Edit: my problem was that I had activated CMSF2, but not CMSF base game. Once I activated CMSF base game then starting CMSF2 became possible.

Edited by SlowMotion
found the problem

Same issue. Shows both base game and Marines module update success.  I go to play and I just get an empty splash screen or if I launch it from the desktop shortcut, the PLAY button is grayed out and it asks me to activate again. I've gone through that circle jerk 5 times already (and have probably used up my licenses).  I knew that this would be a headache....

8 minutes ago, GJK said:

Same issue. Shows both base game and Marines module update success.  I go to play and I just get an empty splash screen or if I launch it from the desktop shortcut, the PLAY button is grayed out and it asks me to activate again. I've gone through that circle jerk 5 times already (and have probably used up my licenses).  I knew that this would be a headache....

it actually shouldn't be.  Just to confirm, you did activate using the CMSF1 key correct?

I am having the same problem - I bought the CMSF1 Big Bundle Upgrade. I activate it fine, but it shows me the activation splash screen with no visible text, but if I copy and paste it to a text editor, it says:

Game Title
Your trial has expired. We hope you enjoyed it!
You can unlock the full version by clicking 'Activate'

Instant Activation
When you enter your serial this app will be fully activated instantly. No Redownloading needed!

Unlimited Shelf-Life
After activation this application will be yours forever.

Technical Support
Having issues? Contact us to get support with any technical problems you may be experiencing

Exit 
Activate 
Buy Now

People say you have to tell it about CMSF. Where and when do you do that? I have CMSF installed successfully on my PC already. And CMSF2 is a new install. Any tips are appreciated!

Having CMSF on your PC or not has nothing to do with it, this is not a typical upgrade, it is a new game.  You need to go to the my accounts page, go to your CMSF1 purchase and grab the activation code there and apply that to your activation.  CMSF2 knows nothing about your CMSF1 without using that activation so you can't activate the "upgrade without first proving to it that you owned CMSF1.  Basically what you want to do is run the installer, launch the activation shortcut, paste in your CMSF1 key, repeat with CMSF2 key.  In effect you need 2 keys.  One to show you own CMSF1 and the second to show you have CMSF2.  This only applies to folks purchasing at the discounted upgrade price for those who have CMSF1.

See this thread for some of the responses from Steve on this.

Edited by sburke

sburke is correct.  As the instructions say on the website (which, of course, nobody reads...) you need to enter your original CMFI keys by launching with Activate New Products link.  It's similar to doing a fresh install with another CM product that has been Upgraded.  The game needs to know what you're licensed to use because it is incapable of reading minds.  At least at present ;)

Note that there's a glitch with CMSF1 Bundle license keys.  They were exported out of the old system (eLicense) and imported into the current system (Gameshield).  Apparently the bundle keys did not export correctly, which leads to the Modules being activated but not the Base Game.  I can not seem to trick it into exporting correctly, therefore we can't proactively fix this until we get some help from eLicense.  Fortunately they are pretty prompt so I hope to have it resolved within a day or two.

In the meantime, if anybody is bit by this just fill out a Help Desk ticket and we'll get it sorted manually.  Providing your Bundle license key will speed things up greatly.

Steve

I'm having the same problem. Thing is, I don't have my SF1 key. In the past when I had an issue I was told I only need my module keys and it would work. I've entered my module keys for marines= british and for nato, and it says version 1 and 2 unlocked for each, but it only says version 2 of SF unlocked. It doesn't say Version 1 of SF unlocked also. I just end up with the splash screed and if restarting I have to activate again because the play button is greyed out.

IMG_0469.jpg

Edited by Mesquite55
added photo of screen

2 hours ago, Mesquite55 said:

I'm having the same problem. Thing is, I don't have my SF1 key. In the past when I had an issue I was told I only need my module keys and it would work. I've entered my module keys for marines= british and for nato, and it says version 1 and 2 unlocked for each, but it only says version 2 of SF unlocked. It doesn't say Version 1 of SF unlocked also. I just end up with the splash screed and if restarting I have to activate again because the play button is greyed out.

IMG_0469.jpg

So the only thing missing for you is you need to activate CMSF v1 license also. Once you have v1 and v2 base game AND modules activated, then it works.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...only problem is I don't have the SF1 key. I bought the game when it first came out....when was it...2006, 2007? My order listing on my account only goes back to 2009. In the past when I've had problems reinstalling I had been told that all I had to do was install the base game and then a module and use the module key. It always worked, but doesn't seem to work for this.

1 hour ago, Mesquite55 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...only problem is I don't have the SF1 key. I bought the game when it first came out....when was it...2006, 2007? My order listing on my account only goes back to 2009. In the past when I've had problems reinstalling I had been told that all I had to do was install the base game and then a module and use the module key. It always worked, but doesn't seem to work for this.

Did you buy the 1.21 upgrade or the paradox to BF patch?  If so try those.

The box version of CMSF1 "Paradox" was delivered without license, should I understand that it is now necessary to have a version CMSF1 with license "battlefront" to activate the big budle CMSF2.I have all the modules of the game and I just bought the big budle that does not run, I yet activated modules in version 1 and version 2?

10 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

sburke is correct.  As the instructions say on the website (which, of course, nobody reads...) you need to enter your original CMFI keys by launching with Activate New Products link.  It's similar to doing a fresh install with another CM product that has been Upgraded.  The game needs to know what you're licensed to use because it is incapable of reading minds.  At least at present ;)

Note that there's a glitch with CMSF1 Bundle license keys.  They were exported out of the old system (eLicense) and imported into the current system (Gameshield).  Apparently the bundle keys did not export correctly, which leads to the Modules being activated but not the Base Game.  I can not seem to trick it into exporting correctly, therefore we can't proactively fix this until we get some help from eLicense.  Fortunately they are pretty prompt so I hope to have it resolved within a day or two.

In the meantime, if anybody is bit by this just fill out a Help Desk ticket and we'll get it sorted manually.  Providing your Bundle license key will speed things up greatly.

Steve

8 hours ago, Mesquite55 said:

Sounds like you are hitting what Steve is describing above. Open a support ticket and either way they will get you sorted out.

3 hours ago, breiz84 said:

The box version of CMSF1 "Paradox" was delivered without license, should I understand that it is now necessary to have a version CMSF1 with license "battlefront" to activate the big budle CMSF2.I have all the modules of the game and I just bought the big budle that does not run, I yet activated modules in version 1 and version 2?

Ooops sounds like you are hitting this too - open a support ticket and they will get you sorted.

50 minutes ago, IanL said:

Sounds like you are hitting what Steve is describing above. Open a support ticket and either way they will get you sorted out.

WEll, I've tried, but it tells me my log in is incorrect.....I guess you have to have separate log ins for your account, then the message board and now help desk....I clicked forgot password and get the message password sent to my email, only it doesn';t up, and not in spam either. What a pain with this outfit.

I interpreted it to mean that he is frustrated that he cannot play the game yet. That is a pain.

To be fair, yes maintaining logins is par for the course these days but if I may compare to another company I deal with: Phase One. I use their software Capture One for photography. Phase One has a web page with a store, a support portal and a user to user forum. Sounds familiar. My log in for that is all the same. Just my email and a password. So, Phase One makes me manage one set of log in credentials not three.