I plant the flag here now!

Thanks for the beer. Jacket looks great, but the helmet is bit small for my head!

What kinda of beer is this anyway? I am trying to figure out if it tastes great or if it's less filling.

Oh well, a couple more of these and I won't care...now will I! biggrin.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Climbs back up hill.

Delivers quick kick to Stuka midsection (oomph)

Grabs Stuka in a headlock(zowie).

"Son you thought that stuff tastes awful try this" Pours a can of warm Pabst Blue Ribbon down Stukas throat.

"Now where did SF go I got me some Colt45 for him"

------------------

Teutonicc

Guest Michael emrys

Hi, fellas. Somebody said there's some bottles need emptying? Whatsiss? Bud Lite? Eeeeeewwww! Anybody got a Henry's dark? Say, that's a right nice flag you got there, pal. I'd've got here earlier, but my jeep ran out of gas and I had to drag this mortar all the way up this dang hill...

Michael

Hello, all, this is nice! All chums together, eh?

Shocked horror

Good God, are some of you drinking Bud Lite?

How awful. I suggest we throw that ****e at the Trolls and Waterheads. Serve them right. Now, who's for a bit of a sing-song, then? smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Now, who's for a bit of a sing-song, then?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bit of a sing-song? We're busy partying down on some Bud Lite's, Colt45's, Blue Ribbon, and a touch of some Southern Comfort. Take off that Teletubbie costume, grab a seat, and have a brew.

*Approaching from the North face of the hill, ducks as bottle of Bud Lite hurled by Seanachai goes sailing over head*

"Hey guys --- what's everybody doing up here?" *Picks imaginary lint from sleave of uniform* "I was just down in the VOT (Valley of Trolls) looking for ya'll" *Brushes dust from uniform* "and I worked up a powerful thirst --- why, thanks Stuka, don't mind if I do...".

Standing straight by the flag while the other drunk veterans are making whoppee... cool.gif

No Molson Blue, eh?...Geez, it's a good thing there are no females here...oh oh!..What's that? (looks through binoculars)...Oh, NOOOOO!...Peiper's comin' up the hill!... eek.gif

Henri

(fixes Bayonet, digs in on the right flank and sets up his MG 42, grabs his radio) Right Flank position all secure! keep dem Trolls dead like they should be... Andreas! you bring support from the Baguette Brigade? My cuz is comming with his Tiger!

-----

"The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard."

- Anon.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

Standing straight by the flag while the other drunk veterans are making whoppee... cool.gif

No Molson Blue, eh?...Geez, it's a good thing there are no females here...oh oh!..What's that? (looks through binoculars)...Oh, NOOOOO!...Peiper's comin' up the hill!... eek.gif

Henri<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Steady lads... I know sergeant, but Bud Lite is what our American cousins call beer. No, it's perfectly safe for us to drink, it just won't garner the same effect as our own Canadian ales and lagers." (takes Henri aside)..."Best not share our own with the foreign nationals sir... at least 'til after the victory parade... don't want to incapacitate them before action eh, sir?"

smile.gif

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

[Yelling from behind germanboy]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steps back [squelch] - Oh my I stepped into, woops, sorry Stuka, you should have said that you were there. Medic, medic! Now about that paint varnish you have been offering here...

Mensch, I have brought a couple of flutes and pork marmelade (Rillettes d'Oie). They can besiege us, but it won't be hunger that'll get us. Hmmm, that mortar tube looks like a good place to keep the bread from getting soggy. Tot of rum anyone?

------------------

Andreas

(joins the warband on the hill)

Hello people!

I brought a barrel of Eisbock (beer) to support the war effort. If there's nothing left to eat it alone can sustain us for weeks. We can even water it down 5:1 and make Bud Lite out of it!

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lindan (edited 09-05-2000).]

As in all good gathering you need either a Sausage'ina'Bun counter (Dwarf bread even) or a french cook in the tradition of Hogan's Heroes.

So, I'm standing guard here too.

We can't have Andreas feed us Pork marmelade done with goose paté.

Tsstss...

biggrin.gif

BTW, me being french, haven't I read above that some of you were glad that there weren't women around?!

What kind of war do you want to fight really...

Next you'll want to do the sing song and walk the walk on Bud light.

Eeek!

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 09-05-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

We can't have Andreas feed us Pork marmelade done with goose paté.

Tsstss...

biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, French women...

Has my French let me down again? Is pork marmelade (that's how we call it) just 'Rillettes'?

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

BTW, me being french, haven't I read above that some of you were glad that there weren't women around?!

What kind of war do you want to fight really...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, no, I meant it's a good thing for the WOMEN (and the war) that they aren't here -God know what these great unwashed masses on this hill would do... eek.gif

A la guerre comme a la guerre wink.gif

Henri

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Has my French let me down again? Is pork marmelade (that's how we call it) just 'Rillettes'?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naah, you're french is so vastly superior to my german that I wouldn't dare making any such comments.

Rillettes it is actually.

You just can't have pork whatever after mixing some geese.

biggrin.gif

In any case that's irrelevent, what bugs me is the way BTS modelled the French Baguette Mortar in CM.

I am a field tester in tube launched bread and I can assure you that the Baguette/L71 is grossly underrated.

If I am to defend Hambergur Hill (a friggin' junk food reference moreover) I want to do it with a down and dirty OOB.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

Well, no, I meant it's a good thing for the WOMEN (and the war) that they aren't here -God know what these great unwashed masses on this hill would do... eek.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh boy!

Can't you see it's the only reason why we french will be fighting with you?

That's why you're better off when you're waring abroad because you do this unto some other women.

Now if you can't plunder, rape or just mildly misbehave, why do you fight in the first place?

biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 09-05-2000).]

KiloIndiaAlpha wrote (in the “A bit disappointed “) thread:

------------------------------------------

“Like yourself, but with a different game (M1TP2), I felt tension to be lacking. So I tried this simple remedy to help ramp up the immersion, you may want to give it a go.

Buy yourself a tin bucket and place it over your head after cutting a slit in it at eye level, this simulates a vision port on a tank you see. You will now need to enlist the help of your wife/girlfriend/mother. Her role, once you start playing CM, is to creep up behind you with a piece of stout timber and give your head (protected by the bucket) an almighty whack with the piece of wood, she should do this at random intervals whilst trying to keep in step with what she sees on the screen . This will simulate enemy AP shells bouncing off. If she's really keen the severity of the blow can be varied thus accurately simulating different calibre of shells.

Give it a go, it really improved my gaming experience and I'm sure you'll find the games tension increased. “

--------------------------------------------

Ok, ok fellas. We have all consumed enough alcohol to give this a go. I just happened to bring along a dozen or so buckets made in the good ‘ole US of A and hmm, let’s see 3 buckets made in Germany. Yea that should be just about right. Take your buckets, now guys with the German buckets over there. USA buckets stay here. Everyone set? Got your sticks? Ok, down your beers…GO GO GO!!!

[This message has been edited by Abbott (edited 09-05-2000).]

[sounds of a massive tank being driven nearer...and out of the fog rolls Rune in his Jagdpanther]. Yes rodents, I am here also to lend support against the troll attack. I even have the navhs..the nahvsegu...the thing that shoots out of the top of the tank loaded with Bud Lites. OK, before any of the grognards start saying the effects of the nahvthingie is over-rated, note that I am firing the 12 oz can, not the 16 oz can. Hey...now that the flag is planted...anyone know what the flag looks like?

Rune

(Parachutes drop from sky onto hill).

The Poles are ready Carentan-as long as we have our share of the cooler. We brought some bottles with us in the "supply" packs. Defend the hill! We have some of our friends from the 1st Amd. coming up in Sherman IIIs

[This message has been edited by Gen. Sosaboski (edited 09-05-2000).]

puff,puff...damn these .50 cals are heavy! Where do you need these sir? I also brought some A1 model buckets,you know, the ones with the add-on armor plates? Oh,I got a keg of Honey Brown for the victory celebration...hey bring that back!(goes running after keg grabbing rodents)BTW is that Stuka under all those empties? biggrin.gif

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

[This message has been edited by Splinty (edited 09-05-2000).]