I plant the flag here now!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(stumbles over Stuka)

I think I have had too much to drink...or maybe it's the combination of the different beer I've had.

puke.gif

[This message has been edited by ACTOR (edited 09-05-2000).]

(strolling up hill, handing out cards......sitting down, vague resemblance to Spencer Tract/Clarenece Darrow) Howdy people.(thumbs in suspenders) Now I'm just a simple country lawyer, not like some of my esteemed colleges, ya know, "big city" types (twists top of cool No'rwester IPA, wipes brow with bandana) My I see we are having a bit of a get together eh? Quite a nice hill we've got. Hmmm did you get the appropriate permits? Thought not. Enviromental impact statement done? tsk-tsk. Ash, was that flag submitted to the proper sub committee with appropriate hearings held. People, what am I going to do with you? I try and try, do you listen? No. And whats that I heard about gender discrimination? It's no longer boys will be boys you know.(shaking head)

Trolls, don't worry (patting trusty briefcase) what I have in here will take care of anythat show. I'll have them so bound up in paperwork and litigation that they don't know what hit them. Circles in circles me boys (evil grin)

Right then, have any of you seen my gavel? can't rightly deal with a troll with out it ya know. Seanachi you borrowed it to do Meeks a "one fer" didn't you. Careful my boy, conversion is a nasty charge.

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86

Move over fellas, takes an old man longer to climb this hill rolleyes.gif

Now Carentan, let's do it. There is no need to surrender a great website forum to those who would abuse it and us. I'll stand with you on these old tired legs.

Somebody needs to get all these empties outa here though biggrin.gif

WB

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Mind if I park this big ol King Tiger on this hill as well - my is a bloody big hill - and I must say - that's a damn fine flag you've got there - oh and I'll have a bit of that southern comfort as well thanks biggrin.gif

*Hands Wild Bill a glass as well* Cheers Chaps - to keeping the trolls at bay!

Craig

Guest *Captain Foobar*

(Foobar climbing to HQ on hill.)

Ok, give me the bucket for my head, and tell me where the GOOD stuff is. All I could find left in the cooler is this DAMN ZIMA!!

well... I'm a little slow in arriving, but I've got my 42's covering the south slope. Oh, I didn't manage to bring any armor support but I towed a buffalo full of guiness up this rock.

So lets pass aound the pints, and I'll take a watch.

Lorak

------------------

Lorak

Proud commander of the CCT's! Chinchilla Commando Teams

[puffing..wheezing..gasping for a cold one]

Just past Tuetonicc on the way up...started yelling about some buffalo carrying Alex Guiness.

Got my pointy stick and everything. Buddy..can ya spare a dopplebock for this tired soldier??

[This message has been edited by vcents (edited 09-05-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

Guiness, eh? Well, that's almost as good a Henry's Dark Draft. Like I always say: "When you're out of Bud, you're out of engine degreaser."

Michael

With you to the last! (or at least until the beer's gone)

Hawk

Oh yeah, almost forgot....

Peng, look what I found... jump2.gifjump2.gif

------------------

Our's is not to reason why, our's is but to do and die!

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited 09-06-2000).]

All right, we have plenty to drink, now how about some food?

MacDonald here has "found" a nice quarter of beef, and he says he is going to make some nice hamburgers; the engine grill on those Kangaroo tanks is plenty hot for that (why is it that only the Canadians have tanks without turrets and guns?...).

Col. Sanders over there says he found some stray chickens and and he knows how to cook them finger-lickin' good. Personally I would go for some nice Acadian Poutine rapees, but I guess I'll settle for a hamburger.

OK, now that we have the drinks and food all settled, it's time for a little singsong. Let's go. (clears throat)...

AAAALOUETTE, GENTIL ALOUETTE, AAAALOUETTE, JE TE PLUMERAI....(sounds of German accents singing along from somewhere down the hill...) Hey c'mon guys, let's hear it, those Germans in the fields down there are singing louder than you, if you don't raise the volume, I'm gonna start with Lily Marlene...

Henri

Guest Germanboy

Excuse me while I wriggle my nose at you Henri. PawBroon (or whatever) has promised some French cooking, I brought Rillettes and Flutes, and the next person offering fast food or K-rations here can expect some quality time on patrol, trying to teach the Germans how to sing the Marseillaise properly. Is that understood? Now who said they wanted to bring some of that great Quebecois Stout St.Quelquechose (forgotten the name). And throw that Bud Lite at the Germermans, they are singing off-key.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

...and he says he is going to make some nice hamburgers; the engine grill on those Kangaroo tanks is plenty hot for that (why is it that only the Canadians have tanks without turrets and guns?...).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having just finished the 'My Canada' scenario, I can assure you that those Kangaroos make great grills, especially in combination with a German lighter of sufficient caliber.

Marnix.

Brightly Hey, everyone! I've got the Germans singing "Finnegan's Wake"! Isn't it awful? Now, all the French chaps, let's have a go at "Scots Wha Ha'". Ah! Guinness! Is Lorak here?

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 09-07-2000).]

Sits down, opens up some Carlsberg Hof, points vaguely south, makes a sweeping gesture, let´s out a loud burp.

-We got it covered now, no way they can get through.

-What do you mean?

-Mines. Lots and lots and lots. We planted them everywhere, Tellers, S-mines, AT-mines, tripwires, you name it. I doubt even a chinchilla could get through.

-Do you have the diagram with you then, we might not want to stay here forever you know?

-Course I got a bloody diagram, what do you take me for, some kind of newbie?

-No, no, of course not, my apologies.

-Well, here it is. Have a look for yourself, since you didn't believe me.

{several inquisitve eyes study the neatly done diagram, complete with elevations, blast radii, type of mine asf}

-But, but...

-What is it now? We worked like hell with this one. Best minefield ever if you ask me.

-But... We are in the middle of it!

-So?

-How do we get out?

-No one said anything about getting out. I thought that was the beauty of it. I mean, it wasn't as if I got instructions to mine the western or eastern approach. Y'all just said "Put up a minefield" and I put up a mother-beautiful minefield and what do I get?

Tons of negative waves.

-He's right you know. We were going to fight it out here.

-Besides there is a way, if you wanna stretch your legs and take a stroll or soemthing. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's there anyway.

-You don't mean...?

-S'right. Down through the Cesspool.

-Crap.

Of course I'm here! Who do you think brung the guinness to these barbarian bud lite drinkers?

Oh and could we teach the german lads "green fields of france" next? lovely little tune.

Lorak

------------------

Proud commander of the CCT's! Chinchilla Commando Teams

Whats going on here then?

Ah, I see, a little, how do you Americans put it, yes,, POW WOW.

Splendid. I´ll just have Jenkins park the AVRE besides the KT.

Anyone for some Marc?

Or some Burgundy?

Trolls, besides being somewhat dim, also have

really bad taste. Leaving good spirits like these spilled out all over la campagne.

Oh, there´s Jenkins. A good driver but also a bit lacking in manners. Give him one of those God awful cold Bud´s and he will be allright.

Well, well. Salute mes amis, and as the bard

said;

"O God of battles, steel my soldiers´ hearts.

Posses them not with fear. Take from them now.

The sense of reck´ning, ere th´opposèd numbers.

Pluck their hearts from them. Not today O Lord, O not today, think not upon the fault."

Right, lets get plastered.

(Stumbling to the top of the hill. Clothing tattered and burned) Geezzuss frickin' age christ! Who laid out that damn mine field? (jerking thumb violently over shoulder) If it wasn't for the stumbling boot tracks and urine trail I would have never made it! I just about blew off my freakin' leg! Damn S-Mines! Ya know, they are a bitch to diffuse! (Taking a few nervous deep breaths and looking around)

Hey?? Is that a buffalo with Guinness on it's back? Move out of way! (Calling off towards the Buffalo) Hold that thing still will you? I need a beer! Who the heck parked this damn KT here? What's smoking on top of the Kangeroo? Man, is it getting crowded. Hey, somebody watch Mace! He's getting close to the edge of the mine field! Whaddaya mean he's taking a leak?

Hey, does anybody know that there is a field full of troll like Germans back down there? (pointing off down the hill) Man, they can't sing worth a darn....

Jeff