Can BF please give us a patch / upgrade pack update

GAZ NZ

Things are moving along, though as always the summer slowed things down.  Gotta enjoy the good weather while it lasts, especially for us northern climate people :)

The order of things is still a bit up in the air since we are working on many things simultaneously.  However, specific to Black Sea the order is:

Upgrade 4.0 (and a free v1.10 patch for those who want to stick with 3.0 features a little longer)

Battle Pack

I can not say when either will hit the virtual shelves, but I can say that Upgrade 4.0 is coming along just fine and we'll soon begin to talk about what's in it.

Steve

18 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Things are moving along, though as always the summer slowed things down.  Gotta enjoy the good weather while it lasts, especially for us northern climate people :)

The order of things is still a bit up in the air since we are working on many things simultaneously.  However, specific to Black Sea the order is:

Upgrade 4.0 (and a free v1.10 patch for those who want to stick with 3.0 features a little longer)

Battle Pack

I can not say when either will hit the virtual shelves, but I can say that Upgrade 4.0 is coming along just fine and we'll soon begin to talk about what's in it.

Steve

So, when you say BATTLE PACK, do you mean a Battle Pack like the one for CMBN or a MODULE with new forces and campaigns?  I thought CMBS was getting a new module?

1 hour ago, grunt_GI said:

So, when you say BATTLE PACK, do you mean a Battle Pack like the one for CMBN or a MODULE with new forces and campaigns?  I thought CMBS was getting a new module?

It will, but not in the short term.  CMFI and CMRT are ahead of it in the queue for major development efforts.  However, Battle Packs (like The Great Swan for CMBN) are possible to do in parallel with other projects.  That's why it is ahead of a Module.

6 minutes ago, kinophile said:

Also,  what's the difference between Upgrade 3 and 4,  and the patch? Is it an engine upgrade? 

Yes, all games will soon have the option of using new features via Upgrade 4.0.  CMBS is based on Engine 3.0, therefore Engine 4.0 will add new features.  We'll talk about them shortly.  The patch, however, is simply to fix some lingering bugs and tweaks that the current version still has in it.  It doesn't add anything new beyond that.

Steve

6 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Battle Pack

Steve

Thank you kindly for the update good sir!

I'm going to stop monitoring this thread and instead concentrate revelations here:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/123549-battle-packs-vehicle-packs/

At some point we'll make a more formal announcement, so for now it's just tidbits.

I'll leave this thread open, but know that I'll be answering questions only in the other one.

Steve