German ammo question

Some of my men have Kar98K's, and their ammo load is listed as 7.92mm.

Their vehicle comes with 7.92K (I assume Kurz shorter round) and 7.92mm AP. When I add a small amount of each to the squad, these ammos are listed separately to their 7.92mm. Can their Kar98K's use either of these?? I'm guessing the AP rounds are for their vehicles MG?  And that the answer is no.....

Which means yet again,  I am completely buggered before the battle has already started. Sigh

Edited by gnarly

As said before the 7.92K round is only for the MP44.

If I have the 7.92 AP ammo aviable in game I always completely distribute it to my MG gunners. The AP ammo can penetrate light armour on M3 Halftracks and Bren Carriers so your MGs can more effectively engage such targets. As a little bonus it penetrates walls and other cover more effectively, so it generally boosts your MGs firepower... Yay! :D

30 minutes ago, Artemis258 said:

so you're bringing firearms to our battle eh Gnarly? Interesting... I too shall have to bring... firearms... 

And vehicles, I'm bringing non-specified vehicles... That contain at a minimum firearm  ammo...

So make sure you bring some non-specified vehicles to counter my non-specified vehicles....

;)

Edited by gnarly

8 hours ago, Artemis258 said:

Well gnarly, you'll be happy to know I've equipped my forces exclusively with captured Schwimmwagons! Nothing can stop me, not even a river!  

*Anti-German-language-rape-mode activated* whirring sound of machinery starting up...

It is spelled SchwimmwagEN 

*Anti-German-language-rape-mode deactivated*

Weitermachen... (Proceed...) ;)

14 minutes ago, Fizou said:

OMG that is brilliant!  I have to save that for future use.  There ya go @user1000 now you know how to look stuff up for yourself. How does the saying to give a man a fish and you feed him for a day but teach a man to fish and you feed a man for a life time.  :D

4 hours ago, IanL said:

OMG that is brilliant!  I have to save that for future use.  There ya go @user1000 now you know how to look stuff up for yourself. How does the saying to give a man a fish and you feed him for a day but teach a man to fish and you feed a man for a life time.  :D

It sounds an awfully lot like sarcasm for losers to me..