When Will the Physical Copy Be Delivered?

3 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

No change in my opinion :)  Bugs are often introduced in patches.  A very, very, very limited circumstance bug does not rise to the definition of "broken".  Obviously you have a very special case that is affected by this bug, but that means your scenario is "broken" not the patch nor the game itself.

We do not have v3.13 in the works at the moment but we will get this fixed.  Currently we're about to put out v1.01 for CMFB.

Steve

thanks! Good enough information for me. Can work on something else in the meantime.

Turns out that my dopy arrived yesterday but I didn't know it until I checked my mailbox this morning. Truth to tell, I wasn't expecting it until today. I just had time to give it all a quick glance, but I expect I shall soon be devouring the game manual.

BTW, I sort of agree with John K. that the box art sux, but it (shrug) doesn't really matter that much. Since I don't expect that the game will be offered through retail outlets, eye-catching box art is not really a premium. And anyway, BFC kind of has a history of this kind of thing. Not meaning to hurt anybody's feelings, but the artwork on the Barbarossa to Berlin disc was laughable. And the titles that they have chosen for their games make the poet in me groan. But that's not what we go looking for when we come to BFC, first-rate games are, and there they shine.

:)

Michael

P.S.: Next time you are searching for a title for a game, drop me a line.

:D

44 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

TBTW, I sort of agree with John K. that the box art sux, but it (shrug) doesn't really matter that much. Since I don't expect that the game will be offered through retail outlets, eye-catching box art is not really a premium. And anyway, BFC kind of has a history of this kind of thing. Not meaning to hurt anybody's feelings, but the artwork on the Barbarossa to Berlin disc was laughable.

Universal Law... EVERYBODY is an art critic :)  I personally think Jackson Pollock had about as much talent as my toenail clippings, but others differ greatly.  I saw the Mona Lisa in person and thought, "meh, don't see what all the fuss is about".  Each to his own ;)

44 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

P.S.: Next time you are searching for a title for a game, drop me a line.

No thanks ;)  We had about 50+ testers helping us come up with a name, so it's not like we didn't have things to choose from.  When you weed out the clumsy, the obscure, the not-sexy, etc. you find a small list.  Then when you look to see what names have already been used the list gets even smaller.  In the end, neither the name nor the cover artwork matter much because nobody buys our sort of game based on those things.

Steve

News flash... if you placed your order on March 18th, and you did not receive a confirmation email, there's a good chance it's still here and will go out tomorrow (Friday).  Apparently one of the preorder logs was missed.  Oops :(  Fortunately we held back some of the limited edition manuals "just in case" so no worries there.

No need to contact us if you think this applies to you because I re-downloaded the master orders file and they're all there safe and sound.

Sorry about that!

Steve

P.S. Wicky is giving Andy Warhol a run for his money!

22 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

News flash... if you placed your order on March 18th, and you did not receive a confirmation email, there's a good chance it's still here and will go out tomorrow (Friday).  Apparently one of the preorder logs was missed.  Oops :(  Fortunately we held back some of the limited edition manuals "just in case" so no worries there.

Phew! Wondered what happened. Got the USPS email today. Now the long trek to Australia. :)

22 hours ago, Mesquite55 said:

I ordered March 22...still no email or game.

PM me with your order number and I'll have a look.  If you don't have your order number then your full name should do the trick. 

1 hour ago, Ithikial_AU said:

Phew! Wondered what happened. Got the USPS email today. Now the long trek to Australia. :)

Ah, so you were the Aussie ;)  Hopefully the carrier pigeons won't tire out and drown or decide that New Zealand is "close enough"!

Steve

3 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Ah, so you were the Aussie ;)  Hopefully the carrier pigeons won't tire out and drown or decide that New Zealand is "close enough"!

Steve

It would probably still be quicker than relying on our average internet speeds. :rolleyes:

Ordered mine April 1st, never received email at all, but had post office card this morning through letter box to pick up parcel from post office. Customs had nabbed it and I was charged another £15 to get it out of post office. Turned out to be an expensive game (im in UK)

Just a query really but seeing as we get the game download to start off with when buying CMFB (download and hard copy), is there any need to put $55 on the air mail packaging? Couldn't you put say $10 on the packaging, the difference in cost between the download only and the download with hard copy?  No offence meant, was just wondering that's all :)

Mark

Edited by Budge44

2 hours ago, Budge44 said:

Ordered mine April 1st, never received email at all, but had post office card this morning through letter box to pick up parcel from post office. Customs had nabbed it and I was charged another £15 to get it out of post office. Turned out to be an expensive game (im in UK)

Just a query really but seeing as we get the game download to start off with when buying CMFB (download and hard copy), is there any need to put $55 on the air mail packaging? Couldn't you put say $10 on the packaging, the difference in cost between the download only and the download with hard copy?  No offence meant, was just wondering that's all :)

Mark

Same here. Had to pay the post office another £15.76 to collect the game. £7.16 customs charge and £8 post office rip off fee. OOPS, I meant to say handling fee

It has been discussed to death on these forums in the past and it is a chance you need to take if you want a hard copy. All but one of the games I've bought from BF had incurred a customs charge. I usually wait until I want three or four games/modules as you save on postage and only get hit with the handling fee once. Pre orders with limited edition items can be the exception if you already have everything else.

Unless you can get some kind person in the US to post it to instead of direct from BF then we are stuck with the extra $22 or so on top of the purchase price.

Depends on how you want the game. I personally prefer a hard goods copy as I am old fashioned. Or is that just old? Also my internet speeds are poor at the best of times and slower than an asthmatic snail the rest of the time.

At least I know I am supporting two businesses with every purchase. Make me feel good inside. Not. ;)

"No plan survives contact with the next turn button"

Im old fashioned and old Joe :) , my download speed is pretty good, but I do like the hard copy game manuals, I remember the Falcon 4 Manuals and many others with fondness.

Yes the post office rip off/handling fee, cant say that too loud as missis works for Parcelforce, pity it didn't come through them, may have got away with it lol.

Oh well you live and learn.

Mark

Probably about to join the 'rip off' club here in Australia.

It has just been silently announced that our sales tax system will for the first time include all international online purchases under $1,000 AUD. Hidden away without much fanfare in our recent budget after previous public talks on the matter blew up in the government's face. They somehow expect all overseas companies which sell more than $75k per year worth of goods to Australian consumers to register with our tax office. See if that works... so I'm guessing they'll go the post office route eventually and charge the consumers before they receive the item. But that doesn't pick digital sales which this was all about in the first place.

Government instincts know how to tax just enough so as not to PO a critical mass of people. It's in their DNA. Reminds me of the fable about how to cook a frog without it jumping out of the pot.

Kevin 

Edited by kevinkin