When?!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moneys a little tight right now. Can I trade 6 boxes of 7.62x39 mm ammo for a copy of CMFB ? 

Just kidding. I pre-ordered it a few minutes ago. I usually wait for the official release but for this one I

am making an exception since its my favorite battle of WW2. 

Edited by J Bennett

Cleared cache and rebooted again. Tried again. Same thing, it lets me get to check out but when I click the next button to pay for it, it dumps me right back to the store page.

I guess the GODS just don't want me to have this game for some reason :D.

Oh man it sucks to be you.  I wish I had something more helpful to say.  The problem you are describing now is quite different from a certificate issue though.

Cleared cache and rebooted again. Tried again. Same thing, it lets me get to check out but when I click the next button to pay for it, it dumps me right back to the store page.

I guess the GODS just don't want me to have this game for some reason :D.

This is not a cert problem.  The cert problem cropped up when you hit "checkout" as that establishes the secure connection.  You're getting beyond that, which is puzzling why it would go bad on you at that point but not for others.  Man, I hate computers.

Moneys a little tight right now. Can I trade 6 boxes of 7.62x39 mm ammo for a copy of CMFB ?

Man you're desperate because that's worth WAY more than $65 :-)

Steve

FYI... here's what I learned about certs today.

Your browser, or in Window's case the OS itself, caches the cert information and doesn't regularly check for new certs or for revocations.  Looking across all OSes, all browsers, all actions it's kinda random as to who does or doesn't check a particular cert at a particular time.  What happened in our case is an older cert was substituted for the current cert.  Our stupid server has this nasty habit of putting up the wrong cert when we reboot web services.  The first time we fixed it with what was apparently an older copy of our correct cert.  This meant that some of us, quite a few actually, had browsers that didn't recheck the specifics and was therefore happy with the second cert.  Others, however, were not happy at all.  My suggestion to clear the cert cache had no effect because those people's systems were already looking at the most up to date cert, which was the wrong one.  If we changed nothing then eventually we'd all have been in that boat.  Instead, we made a third change to the correct version and bingo, now everybody is happy.

I know every day we should learn something new, but there are also some days when it sucks to have to learn something new ;)

Steve

I know every day we should learn something new, but there are also some days when it sucks to have to learn something new ;)

Wait'll you get to be my age. :( Yesterday I had to read through ten pages of legalese because the idiots who now own my apartment building want us to fill out our rent checks a new way. :rolleyes: Bloody morons...

Michael

Wait'll you get to be my age. :( Yesterday I had to read through ten pages of legalese because the idiots who now own my apartment building want us to fill out our rent checks a new way. :rolleyes: Bloody morons...

Michael

I know it must be hard for you, but the world have moved on from quills and parchment some time ago :)  Heck, I'm not sure if your new building owners are even old enough to know what cursive script is.

Steve

No exact date, but we do try to ship within 4-6 weeks.  Me thinks it will be significantly less than that, however it will certainly be more than days.  The Demo will be up within 1-2 weeks by the looks of things.

Steve

Great news! At least we will soon have the demo to keep us busy until the release.

I'm actually very excited now, after reading the information page. The one worry I had about CMFB was that it was going to be too much about fighting in the forests and snow covered fields, and too little urban fighting (my favourite setting). But now I see that there will not just be one American campaign, but two. And one of them will be set in the city of Aachen!! Awesome!

Well I can see that you can not wait for the next "Battle Pack" with some new vehicles and for 55 bucks? ;)

If you think that it's not value for money, no one is forcing you to buy it ...

Why do you take pleasure in raining on (almost) everyone else's parade, and post here even though you are not - presumably - going to get it? (Leaving aside the point that your criticism is inaccurate anyway.) You think that we're not capable of deciding for ourselves?

Where's that "Ignore User" button again ...

If you think that it's not value for money, no one is forcing you to buy it ...

Why do you take pleasure in raining on (almost) everyone else's parade, and post here even though you are not - presumably - going to get it? (Leaving aside the point that your criticism is inaccurate anyway.) You think that we're not capable of deciding for ourselves?

Where's that "Ignore User" button again ...

Of course, it is worth the cost, two new campaigns, several new scenarios and a number of new vehicles - is much more than in the "battle pack" - as we know, there are no vehicles and not work alone - are there any other differences?

Of course, it is worth the cost, two new campaigns, several new scenarios and a number of new vehicles - is much more than in the "battle pack" - as we know, there are no vehicles and not work alone - are there any other differences?

since you seem incapable or uninterested in navigating the battlefront website and I figure why not I haven't fed a troll in a while. http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=347&Itemid=609 there you go. http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=346&Itemid=603 that one as well. 

Edited by purpheart23