When might we expect an expansion?

vyrago

• 2 weeks later...

If the team is quite small, would it be possible for some modders/programmers to help with addons and skins/mods and anything else.

If legal contracts were signed , new units and so forth could be made and added as beta. Steve and co test and sign off leaving them more time to focus on more complex issues.

The CM modding community is quite talented.

My concern is given the teams size and the releases to be done the games potential will be limited with slow releases.

How long are these updates going to take?

Id like to see this game reach full potential.

I know of people who have quit CMRT due to unresolved bugs and other issues for example. Alot of games still have bugs while new games are being released.

If there is anything the community can do to help?

If the team is quite small, would it be possible for some modders/programmers to help with addons and skins/mods and anything else.

If legal contracts were signed , new units and so forth could be made and added as beta. Steve and co test and sign off leaving them more time to focus on more complex issues.

That is way above my pay grade (especially as I don't work for BFC :) )

The CM modding community is quite talented.

Very true

My concern is given the teams size and the releases to be done the games potential will be limited with slow releases.

Or there is a list of work that Steve and Company can work on for the next 20 years and continue to make a living for as long as they want.  The thing is how much faster is really necessary?  Most people have not played all the scenarios available as it is.  I suppose if you were only interested in one theatre the pace could be seen as slow but if you are buying everything or even everything WW2 related you are not in danger of running out of content.

I know of people who have quit CMRT due to unresolved bugs and other issues for example. Alot of games still have bugs while new games are being released.

Unresolved bugs?  I am personally unaware of any unresolved bugs that are serious enough to make CMRT a problem to play.  What do you or your friends perceive as bugs that make CMRT unfun to play?  Serious question, many times people think something is a bug when really it is not.  So, living your life thinking one day that bug will get fixed becomes a bit sad.  Also, and it has happened to me, an actual problem might not have been recognized by the dev team and therefore is not on the list to be fixed. 

If there is anything the community can do to help?

A handful of people get tapped to help out from time to time.  Helpful, respectful interaction here gets you noticed.  Well all behaviour gets you noticed but the good kind gets you on the short list.

I would think that judging from past CM games, it will be at least a year. At least there are lots of CM games to keep us occupied in the meantime. 

I have all of the CMx1 and CMx2 games and modules. I don't expect to ever be able to play all the campaigns, scenarios, and Modder content that's available. I'll be just as happy with BF even if they don't release any new modules or game families. If they do, I'll have to buy it and be even further behind in game play than I am now. :-b

IanL makes a solid assertion (a habit he has) :)
I have yet to play all the existing WWII content and I am admitted fancier of ‘New Modern’. CMBS is on the top rung  of my favorites choice. With work, I have not played CMBS enough to wear her out yet. sburke - “the new game based around the bulge, a module for CMFI, a battle pack for CMBN and whatever is coming next for CMRT….” will be on my shopping list… as Holidays  = more time to play all the CM's we already have :)
Buzz - CMBS expansions… will be priceless:D