Boring?

Based on some interesting recent threads I have been experimenting with asymmetric victory conditions for the summer '44.

The Soviets wanted ground and to kill Germans with minimizing their own causalities third on their to do list.

The Germans, on the other hand, wanted to trade ground (at least tactically) and kill Soviets with minimizing casualties being

high on their list. So for Terrain Objectives/Enemy causalities/ Friendly causalities here are the test ratios;

Soviets: 125/50/25

Germans: 25/50/125

What this tends to produce is a tactical situation where the Germans move into ground around the object and "snipe" as the Soviets probe into a rail yard (the 125 points). Towards the end of the time limit, the German must decide to contest the rail yard or not. So this yields a fairly quiet battle by CM norms and I ask - is this boring to most?

Kevin 

PS: I have it set for 35 mins right now; Soviet T34s with riders vs, German armored recon supported by assault guns an off board mortars. 

Edited by kevinkin

I like scenarios be about achieving something else than just killing all the enemy. A common problem is that in order to take the ojective areas, you have to kill so many enemies that they will surrender before you actually get to finally assault that hill/village that you have been working towards for a long time. Somewhat disappointing feeling.

I like scenarios be about achieving something else than just killing all the enemy. A common problem is that in order to take the ojective areas, you have to kill so many enemies that they will surrender before you actually get to finally assault that hill/village that you have been working towards for a long time. Somewhat disappointing feeling.

+1

So for Terrain Objectives/Enemy causalities/ Friendly causalities here are the test ratios;

Soviets: 125/50/25

Germans: 25/50/125

PS: I have it set for 35 mins right now; Soviet T34s with riders vs, German armored recon supported by assault guns an off board mortars. 

This sounds interesting. 

Update on victory points (175 in total) and % casualty thresholds:

Objectives/Enemy causalities/ Friendly causalities 

Soviet      100  / 50  (50%)   / 25 (50%)

German   25  /  100 (50%)  /  50 (25%)

Note the 100 to 25 difference in holding the rail yard. 

Kevin