Sherman refusing to move

In my current PBEM battle I came across a following situation. While maneuvering my Sherman along the city streets it suddenly became stuck clipping partially with a building wall (see picture). It is not immobilized or something however it ignores all movement orders turn after turn. I remember a similar situation in my previous PBEM where my tank got stuck while attempting to cross a hole blasted in the bocage. Is that a sort of bug and is there any remedy in such situation to have the tank moving again?

post-69465-0-47108200-1438544643_thumb.j

Hey bisu,

I am trying to replicate your problem to help you solve your problem. Can you tell me the name of the map you are using? It may be a combination of terrain features in that action square along with the building that are greater combined than the "movement points" the tank has available? Willing to help!

The name of the map is: Holland Oosterbeek City Meet 016.

Here is the link to the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fprlji58fydr1l8/sherman.ema?dl=0

pass: jar

However the file itself does not help much as it is the order execution phase and the problem consists in the tank actually NOT executing move orders. So it just sits there the whole turn even though it has move orders assigned previously..

Check track status! Obviously track got damaged while moving through low wall. That´s from first looks.

Edit: If it´s not that (although damage status for tracks shows a dark dot), TC got casualty previously and tank crew is now on "nervous". Then it would be a morale issue.

Edited by RockinHarry

• 3 weeks later...

bisu,

Tanks used to get stuck, with no damage apparent, simply from hitting a wall or bridge abutment at all in CMBN, but I have no idea whether that specific issue was ever fixed.

rocketman,

Love that UI! Who did it? So delightfully crisp and easy to read.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler