My practise map

NPye

Hi Guys

I've been building scenarios and maps for about a couple of years now, I thought it's about time to show you guys what ive been doing. Below are some screen shots of a Normandy town (loosely based on Caumont) its not meant to be a battle map but to see what looks good and ive made all the building skins etc, although there are bits from the brilliant Tanks alot buildings and Kiemmes Modular builds. All the skins are textures from real Normandy buildings, the windows also, but they dont neccasarily come from the same building, when building a map I try to put my mind to a Street planner and try not to do things that wouldnt happen in real life, then i put my mind into the owner of the buildings for gardens etc, basically most towns/cities in western europe have Streets with houses, places of work ie factories, shops, or farms and religious buildings. But i also add in little touches like market places etc. Anyway see what you think and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers

Nige

post-72772-0-12992200-1434359144_thumb.j

Hi Nige

These are great mods indeed. I really like the look of your town and very much hope you will upload the mods to cmmods. Personally, I would then renumber and mix them with Tanks a Lot´s and my own - and greatly increase the variation in the town maps. I only fear that the game won´t have room for all of them: As far as I know the game only allows you to have 10 different layouts of the same building type.

As you might know, I am myself working on a building mod set for CMBN. Find the thread here. But I mainly focus on two things: Translating the damaged building mods I have made for Red Thunder to Normandy and giving the commercial buildings a make over by adding murals and new store fronts to some of them (Perhaps we could find some way to work together?)

One question:

One of my favorites of your buildings is this one - posted in the screen shot thread:

post-72772-0-91466500-1433893661.jpg

But as far as I can tell, the gate in the gable wall in the middle is "fake" - right? Meaning: There are no buildings with gates at this place and so it is purely a "cosmetic" gate that doesn´t allow troops to enter. Am I correct? 

If so, it is really a pity - because it looks fantastic.

Great work

Cheers

Umlaut

Thanks guys

Hi Umlat heres the original from Abbaye_d'ardenne, see the tiny attachment, for a map im creating covering Grouchy Authie Cussy and Abbaye_d'ardenne, ive made it as close as i could to this image as with the cathedral. Ive seen your work and love the smashed up builds, something i tried to do not to successfully, are you able to alter the original sd files, as im on a Mac I cant see all the files so i rely on other peoples uploads to change the bmps. Would be great to do a joint project.

Im having real trouble with uploading images, if i drag and drop then they dont let me do that if i use attachment it says i can upload only 24.9 KB which is tiny, is there space constaint per week/month on this forum???? its really frustrating i just spent hlaf hour preparing this email with loads of images and explanations etc and it wont upload any of the images AAAHHH Help why is this and how do i make the images live on the screen rather than an attachment?

Cheers

post-72772-0-85217300-1434444177_thumb.j

Thanks guys

Hi Umlat heres the original from Abbaye_d'ardenne, see the tiny attachment, for a map im creating covering Grouchy Authie Cussy and Abbaye_d'ardenne, ive made it as close as i could to this image as with the cathedral. Ive seen your work and love the smashed up builds, something i tried to do not to successfully, are you able to alter the original sd files, as im on a Mac I cant see all the files so i rely on other peoples uploads to change the bmps. Would be great to do a joint project.

Im having real trouble with uploading images, if i drag and drop then they dont let me do that if i use attachment it says i can upload only 24.9 KB which is tiny, is there space constaint per week/month on this forum???? its really frustrating i just spent hlaf hour preparing this email with loads of images and explanations etc and it wont upload any of the images AAAHHH Help why is this and how do i make the images live on the screen rather than an attachment?

Cheers

Don't use that.  Post them elsewhere and just use links.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/96193-how-to-take-a-screenshot-edit-it-and-post-it/

Hi NIgel,

Great to see you again.

I remember you from over at FGM website. You did those Dubonet ads on the building walls also, correct?... you also did those contorted mouth open "action faces"...

To get your images live on screen in your posts here: log into your flickr account, left click on your desired image and then it should show several options  for copying the info to make a forum post.

I have photobucket and it has 4 options and I simply click the one called "IMG" and it then flashes "copied" and then go to my forum post and ctrl-v and it dumps in that image.

You should make an account at GaJ's site and upload your stuff. Let me know if you need help with that, though it is quite easy. Especially compared to the BFC "suppository"....!

Its a Normandy map the skins all come from Bayeux and Caen. I havent got Arnham yet I cant upload it because im using a dongle and cant handle gigabits of upload Ive got CMBN CW using V2. So everything I do is in this format. Cheers