IMPORTANT ! CM VOTE !

Guest kip anderson

Hi,

playing live over the net is important to me but I still vote ship it without.

I trust Steve and Charles to do a quality patch.Plus playing the computer for a month or so will not hurt.

All the best,

Kip.

------------------

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I surely vote no TCP-IP. Many wealthy and famous software companies ship 'incomplete games' and post patches later. Activision even released MechWarrior 2 without 3D acceleration for the Mac and never released the patch...

Activision made a major mistake with this (they would surely be damned forever in hell) but this would be a minor sin (perhaps we'll just darn you for 15 minutes in heck) :¬)

The most important thing is that I want to play the full game right now. My pre-order is placed, and I want it today (well, actually I wanted it long before) so do anything you have to do to release it as soon as possible (I would even accept the Commonwealth troops to be a patch!!)

Now, I have seen in the poll results that we no-TCP voters have won an overwhelming victory over real-time net game worshippers. So, when does the poll end and, most important, when will the game be installed in my iMac?

------------------

Regards

Reverendo

Guest Gunnerdream

ship it...ship it...ship it...ship it!!!!

By the way, I sent an e-mail to your sales department inquiring about how to pre-order using money order or check and have yet to recieve a reply. I included all pertinent info i.e. shipping address etc. Please, please, please contact me with this information as I am jonesing for this game!!!

( I know you're all busy as hell, for which I am truly thankful!)

COMBAT MISSION RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunnerdream...floating down, through the clouds...

Well I guess I'll be the lone voice in the wilderness. I ordered a complete game and that's what I want. If it takes another month then so be it, I've waited for almost 2 years now, another month or two makes no difference to me.

I'm kidding ship it already smile.gif

------------------

If something cannot be fixed by hitting it or by swearing at it, it wasn't worth saving anyway.

[This message has been edited by Harold Jones (edited 12-06-99).]

[This message has been edited by Harold Jones (edited 12-06-99).]

Okay,

For those of us who have watched this game since it was associated with Avalon Hill and Squad Leader, I would love to see the game shipped.

BTS's confidence in its product's release should be enough for anyone who has experienced this platform. As the demo stands, the BEST WW2 game produced-- as the game has matured thru Beta testing -- what "we" have waited for, I am sure !!

BTW, how long has it been : two years ? Sorry, everyone, I am like an eight year old at Christmas....

This game is all consuming and will etch a new standard for the genre... No doubt.

Stoner

Guest Captain Foobar

I'm gonna say this one time....

SHIP IT!!!!!!

Anyone reading this,who really wants tcp/ip play should consider this.

ICQ!!! Download it, it is so easy to use, and I would consider it an EASY alternative to tcp/ip, as you can hold a 1 to 1 chat session while tossing your turn back and forth. No waiting 2 minutes for the email to process, its the best. I will probably use ICQ even after the patch!

Ooops. I agree completely with trooper that this game will likely loose points on the review for not including a direct multi-play feature like that. I also believe that the lack will translate directly into lower sales. (I think you can title this email, 'Why Project Management and Pre-Project Proof of Concept is Important').

That being said, the obvious decision is to ship. I have no doubt that BTS came to this conclusion before puting it up to vote (and was sure what the answer would be), but it points to very good P.R. on their part -- "see it's what YOU wanted."

My own personal take: bummer. Will I wait to buy because of this? Probably not. But TCP/IP is actually a big deal for me, because I play with my housemate on our LAN. Currently we use a shared directory and drop the PBEM files in there, but because of the clunky PBEM turn sequence, this can be very tedious (and hot seat is lame -- we both try to get work done at the same time we're playing).

Now, am I surprised that TCP/IP is missing? Not at all. This particular element has a long, long history of causing problems in the game industry in all sorts of games for all sorts of reasons.

Finally, if TCP/IP is missing (and it will be), here is what I would suggest in return: check out what Stars! did. They had a seperate 'generate' app which would generate a turn once all orders were present, and simply replace the orders with 'results.' This works GREAT on a LAN. It's basically just PBEM bit with less exchanges per turn and a designated server. If the dev time on this, even as a "beta" feature were not too large (and this functionality appears to be mostly present already), I think it would be great to see.

Oh well. Off to Australia for three weeks. Should make waiting for CM easier.

Sage

Although I play the demo very little, biding my time for tcp/ip, I vote for releasing it now.

I beleive that with tcp/ip we can get a group going and be able to get pickup games anytime, this wont happen with pbem... Even though I am very burned out on coc I still like to go and chat with my crew, with pbem this wont develop frown.gif And for me the real magic of online gaming wont happen till then, thats why I push it smile.gif

BTS has demonstrated itself to be a rather upstanding company worthy of our trust in this, ship it.