CM Helper 1.6.1 available

I've been using H2H Helper 2.4.4 for a while now, and at first glance CM Helper seems to work exactly the same way.

Is there any functional difference between the two aside from Black Sea support?

I don't personally own Black Sea yet, so is it necessary for me to switch applications?

I honestly don't know what is different under the hood between H2HH and CMH, but I believe upgrading is optional, it should work fine if it's already working for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Lots of posts since I check in here last, but as far as I can tell everyone is OK with how things are working?

It's great that you guys are sorting it out between you.  If you get stuck, the best way to contact me is Help->Report Bug.  

I'm only an intermittent reader of this forum!

Cheers,

GaJ

A question.  I started two PBEM battles just to test things out.  One of the battles was CMBS Going to Town.  I saved it and it appeared in the CM Helper.  No problem.  The other one was a Quick Battle.  I changed the file name from quick battle 001 to MOS vs opponent.  It shows up in my CM outgoing e-mail but not in the CM Helper.  Are we not suppose to change the file names?  I was just looking for a way to tell it apart from other quick battle PBEM games I might start.  If they are all labeled quick battle xxx how would you tell them apart?  I'm sure its just me since the CM Helper / Dropbox is new to me.   

Any ideas what I did wrong?  Was it changing the file name?

The below is from the help file.  CM Helper did not detect my quick battle when I saved the first turn.

In the case where you are starting the game, CM Helper will automatically detect the new game as soon as you save the first turn.   You can use CM Helper to start the sharing process with your opponent, using the game's right-click option "Create Dropbox Folder":

What I would do is don't start CMH while playing the turn, wait until you execute with the name you want, then launch CMH.  It just allows the application to do what it wants from the start and not try to correct afterwards.

What I would do is don't start CMH while playing the turn, wait until you execute with the name you want, then launch CMH.  It just allows the application to do what it wants from the start and not try to correct afterwards.

Thanks sburke.  CM Helper works great most of the time now.  Just once in awhile, at the start of a PBEM, I have a problem getting it to recognize a file when somebody else initiates the PBEM.  This is a really cool system.  Hard to believe I used sendthisfile.com for so long.  

I've been using H2H Helper 2.4.4 for a while now, and at first glance CM Helper seems to work exactly the same way.

Is there any functional difference between the two aside from Black Sea support?

I don't personally own Black Sea yet, so is it necessary for me to switch applications?

I just noticed this one.

CMH is basically an evolution of H2HH.   And it's only the first little step in the evolution: as you observed, it doesn't change much.   So as long has H2HH is working fine for you, there is no need to upgrade yet.

FWIW, the main benefits of CMH right now are:

1. All games on one tab
  2. Reports to you whether your CM versions are up to date
  3. It's supported.  If you have a problem with H2HH, the first thing I will ask you to do is move to CMH.

GaJ

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/29/2015 at 8:24 PM, HUSKER2142 said:
I start popping up error. Reinstalling the program does not solve the problem. Tell me how to fix the problem.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 6, in <module>
  File "__main__.py", line 128, in <module>
  File "__main__cmh__.py", line 125, in <module>
  File "controller.py", line 51, in __init__
  File "appstate.py", line 52, in __init__
  File "permadict.py", line 29, in __init__
  File "permadict.py", line 79, in load
ValueError: File not in a supported format

I'm having the same problem. :(