Queston for BattleFront Players?

Here my question for the day.?  When you playing Battlefront Games do you turn off your internet connection?  Do you think  if a update came in say for your antivirus program or Maul-ware program.

It could cause a crash?  I known I normal don't turn my internet off.   Just wonder if it MIT cause a crash. Thank's for any feedback.  

Guess this my dumb question for the day. :)

Have a Great day.

Lane :)  

I'm not certain I fully understand what is being asked, but if you have high speed internet access I think you are always connected unless you physically unplug your computer or something like that.  The game also doesn't automatically update itself in the same way that - say Steam does.  Updating the game is a manual process that you have to perform yourself.

As far as I know arriving emails, updates, malware attack notifications, etc. do not cause CM to drop back to the desktop. Anyway it has never happened to me running Windows with a PC connected to the internet via a cable modem.

Turning off the internet while playing CM is not something I ever do, especially when I am waiting for PBEM turns via my email or dropbox. Disconnecting and reconnecting to the net seems like a waste of time.

Lane: Please follow these procedures.

First you take a good size spool or 2 of an AWG 12-2 extension cord and pay out around 500 feet out the window, through the yard and into your outside shed. Hold on. Make it through your neighbor's yard as well and into HIS shed. Then double back and return with your PC/laptop/monitor/keyboard/mouse with you and hunker down with some sandbags and some timbers in a horizontal fashion. Fire up a small cook stove and metal canteen cup, get some good c-ration coffee going. A little WW2 soundtrack background music always helps too. Gunfire and explosions. If you do have an old Army field jacket and steel pot, get them on. 

In between turns you gotta go run around the shed and roll around in the dirt. During the replay have that nice Mrs. of yours come out to the shed and slam a big broom up against the outer walls a few times and yell hostile comments in German. I guess if you are playing AS the Germans then she would just yell the same things in English that she normally yells as your loving wife. :D

Bottomline: Of course you disconnect from the internet when playing the AI. Who has that much Cat-5 to get out to the neighbors shed? And your wifi might not get a signal.

Kohlenklau,

That's a good one. :)

Thank's guys  when I played CMBN  before I never turned off my Comcast Modum. 

Looks like most don't  disconnect from the internet while playing. 

Thanks for your answers

On second though I am going to delete something I wrote. You will never know what I wrote will you ? :)

Regards

Lane :D

PO3 Lane, there is a couple old tricks to see what you wrote! 

Trick #1: scratch the side of a #2 pencil across the monitor and you can sometimes see the imprint left behind.

Trick#2: a little lemon juice sometimes reveals the residual scrawlings..

Finally Trick#3: lift the monitor up and get a good strong sunlight or powerful lamp behind the monitor and sometimes you can see the slight traces as well, like when you see through a woman's dress in a similar light assisted situation....

:D

Kohlenklau,

That's a good one. :)

Thank's guys  when I played CMBN  before I never turned off my Comcast Modum. 

Looks like most don't  disconnect from the internet while playing. 

Thanks for your answers

On second though I am going to delete something I wrote. You will never know what I wrote will you ? :)

Regards

Lane :D

Wait, you have Comcast?  Well you neglected to mention that little factoid!!!

Yes Sburke,

I have COMCAST :)  :)

The web has not been very nice on the subject of Comcast. 

Could then have been the subject of what I deleted??  You will never known. I mit tell you if you send me a private message.

BY that time I suspect I will have a senor Moment and forgot what I wrote. :D

Carry On  :)

PO3  Lane

The only thing I have found that will drop CM ( and other games ) to desktop is Skype when an additional person is added to the call.

Very annoying, but generally I don't disconnect as I have unlimited ( as it should be ) broadband.

That said, I do have auto-updates turned off where possible as I prefer to do them when I want ( or am ready ) to do them ( a habit from the days of much online IL2 flying where an auto-update could really ruin your sortie ).