Combat Mission is better than sex. Discuss.

BLSTK

Survey says:

9 out of 10 gamers say Combat Mission is better than sex.*

The 10th gamer was too "shagged out" to respond at the time. 

* The implications for the human race are undeniable. There are too few women gamers as it is. And too many men are otherwise occupied to "make love, not war".

John Lennon was right.

• 4 weeks later...

It doesn't leave wet spots--barring a spilled drink or particularly unexpected combat event!

When it's over, it tells you how you did, but doesn't feel compelled to attack your manhood or compare you to others it's known.

You can't get CM pregnant. You will, though, need to be financially responsible to have all the CMs which subsequently spontaneously generate.

Regards,

John Kettler

Hi,

It takes me “into the zone.. “. It is utterly immersive.

Within the limits of what CM is it is historically accurate. The real limiting factor being the “single controlling mind..”. With one player on each side this is unavoidable. So I trust the outcomes. I am not suddenly thrown out of the zone by witnessing something I know is fantasy. Statistically rare events yes, they happen, but fantasy no.

Secondly the graphics are easily good enough to hold my imagination in the setting I am witnessing. This aspect has improved a lot with Upgrade 3.0. Up close the graphics have been up to standard and fun to track a unit through a given turn. But until Upgrade 3.0 long distance, landscape screen shots did not look so good. They do now on my machine.

CM is so far ahead of all other tactical wargames it really is unfair on them. Other wargames have their place doing slightly different things. But when they start to move down towards the true tactical scale of CM do find myself wondering “why bother...” “why not just play CM and get the full Band of Brother effect plus historical accuracy.”

When you look at the competition... unbelievably lucky Steve and Charles did not decide to develop Space Lobsters.. :),

So good it is a form of military history...!

All the best,

Kip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...