can not activate CMBN 3.11

Does this latest patch allow you to continue h2h games and install the vehicle pack, I've not purchased yet?

I am a little leeary as the RT update has caused a few issues with existing RT h2h games. Some work, while others get to 26% loaded then F+RT stops working. It could be a number of things-mods ect, but until I have more time I won't be able to see what the issues is.

FYI -- before I entered the activation key after installation of the upgrade, I clicked on the icon to play to see whether I needed to reenter the key. The game fired up just fine and I did not need to reenter my key. May want to try that.

no that's the first thing I tried.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but quite frankly, it's not based on facts.

a) the activation issues you are facing right now is based on a widespread cloud server outage at Microsoft which affects XBox as well. (google "Microsoft Azure Cloud")

B) your frustration should be directed at pirates that force us to use activation schemes in the first place

c) you will be hard pressed finding pirated versions of recent Battlefront's games. In fact, over the past couple of years, the only ones we were able to find were either malware infested frauds or pirated versions based off of third party retail releases (i.e. not using our protection) and hence outdated.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but quite frankly, it's not based on facts.

a) the activation issues you are facing right now is based on a widespread cloud server outage at Microsoft which affects XBox as well. (google "Microsoft Azure Cloud")

B) your frustration should be directed at pirates that force us to use activation schemes in the first place

c) you will be hard pressed finding pirated versions of recent Battlefront's games. In fact, over the past couple of years, the only ones we were able to find were either malware infested frauds or pirated versions based off of third party retail releases (i.e. not using our protection) and hence outdated.

and now this has occurred with the icloud 3 times now, where so getting tied to tech its running the nation and slowing things down, it takes me longer to pay for an item at the store because of technology, where if I use cash its faster.

also the cloud in my southern Cal and northern Baja Cali the cloud has been down for 2 days now.

Huh?

For A, it is clear from the posts that the activation service isn't working. Knowing the root cause is interesting but doesn't allow me to play the hundreds of dollars in software that is currently rendered unusable because I can't activate it (even though I have activated it numerous times in the past - usually with difficulty). You did warn me that I might have to re-activate. I probably shouldn't have tried to upgrade.

For B, a developer myself, I'm certainly not knocking copy protection and fully understand why you do it. I'm just having an issue with your implementation. I've had numerous activation problems in the past. Tonight is no exception. There are other systems, in my opinion, that protect software but provide much more customer friendly ways of allowing customers to use the software they paid for (e.g. play on any machine you want (Mac or Windows - if both are supported by the game) but on only one machine at a time, upgrade without reactivating, play offline, etc.).

For C, I doubt that the people that use pirated software care about whether they have the latest release or not. They can get a copy of the game and play for free. Right now I've paid but I can't play.

Sorry for venting but I finally had a free night tonight and really wanted to play CMBN.

Huh?

For A, it is clear from the posts that the activation service isn't working. Knowing the root cause is interesting but doesn't allow me to play the hundreds of dollars in software that is currently rendered unusable because I can't activate it (even though I have activated it numerous times in the past - usually with difficulty). You did warn me that I might have to re-activate. I probably shouldn't have tried to upgrade.

Sorry for venting but I finally had a free night tonight and really wanted to play CMBN.

I'm not sure I understand the first bit. How many games did you try to activate tonight?

Give them a try now.

Well, this probably has more to do with the game not being popular enough to come to the attention of the piracy scene. Not being popular enough to steal isn't really a victory though.

Well, this probably has more to do with the game not being popular enough to come to the attention of the piracy scene. Not being popular enough to steal isn't really a victory though.

I probably average about 1 ticket a month from someone saying they purchased the game somewhere and are asking me for a key. My favorite is this one that came across a few weeks. The guy was adamant that he had purchased the game and demanded a key. As proof of ownership he sent me this:

IMG_20141019_222442-1_zps2dc4bb62.jpg

I probably average about 1 ticket a month from someone saying they purchased the game somewhere and are asking me for a key. My favorite is this one that came across a few weeks. The guy was adamant that he had purchased the game and demanded a key. As proof of ownership he sent me this:

IMG_20141019_222442-1_zps2dc4bb62.jpg

This is fantastic box art. Should be used for 4.0.

This thread gets my vote for most pathetic whining yet on the forum.

Yeah ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!!

And a bonus set of box art for CMBN, woot!! I love the helicopter, wtf did he think he was buying? LOL doofus.

Yeah any criticism against BFC is whining, any kind of complaint or suggestion is bad and BFC can do no wrong!

Seriously guys, you need to get over yourselves with the over the top "whining" call outs, you just come off as an jerk, DRM is annoying and more often hurts the company than helps it. HOWEVER in this case it is indeed silly to complain about said DRM in Battlefront titles, because the only time you NEED to be online is activating it, just be happy you don't have to be online to play it. That kind of DRM is no where near as bad as "always online DRM", this kind is perfectly acceptable for a company like BFC in my opinion.

Yeah any criticism against BFC is whining, any kind of complaint or suggestion is bad and BFC can do no wrong!

Seriously guys, you need to get over yourselves with the over the top "whining" call outs, you just come off as an jerk, DRM is annoying and more often hurts the company than helps it. HOWEVER in this case it is indeed silly to complain about said DRM in Battlefront titles, because the only time you NEED to be online is activating it, just be happy you don't have to be online to play it. That kind of DRM is no where near as bad as "always online DRM", this kind is perfectly acceptable for a company like BFC in my opinion.

So Microsoft cloud goes down and it is BF's fault? Come on there has to be a something in this world that isn't their fault.

Yeah I have to side with @Raptorx7 on this one. DRM is by design meant to add friction and be inconvenient. Of course BFC wants to make the process as painless as possible for its customers but some poor customer will always get nailed. Today it was @Wolfseven and given that he has had issues in the past he went from calm to pissed in 5s flat.

The comment about DRM inconveniencing customers and not pirates is valid too. It may not be happening to Combat Mission products but many products out there get cracked and then the pirates get versions that just work and the customers get a version that some times causes them problems. Wait that's backwards!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I totally get why BFC is using a DRM. In fact it seems to be a pretty good choice too - it is the most reliable I have experienced as a customer and it does not have silly requirements to be online every time you start the game etc. So koodos to them.

However if a customer who legitimately paid for the game can't play he has every right to complain no matter who's fault it is - in my book.

Glad to hear I am not he only one having problems. I crashed my system and had to wipe everything out and reinstall my operating system and, thus, all my Battlefront games. MAN, What a pain! At the end of the day, though few went flawless, reinstalling CM Normandy with ALL its modules and updates has been horrible. I put in codes it tells me they are invalid, they are not, but put in the wrong code and it might take! Or I'll put in the 3.0 upgrade or vehicle update and not only does it not take, but it deletes my modules that had been successfully installed! This should not be so difficult.

Having said that, I have been changing multiple, I mean multiple, emails with Battlefront support to try to get these games installed and I must say they have provided outstanding service in helping me. I appreciate and thank them for that.