The 3.11 patch in .brz format?

When you click on the download link you get the option to download a big array of different stuff among which it's also 3.11 patch. You have to deselect all others 'cos otherwise you'll have more then 1 gig of data to transfer.

When 3.11 downloads you get it in .brz format. No installation file, just .brz as if you would need to manually put it in the game folder which is not what is being said in the installation instructions.

:confused:

Edit: darn, missed the part that said: "Please make sure to download all preselected files. They will download as a zip file. Extract the zip file into a location of your choice, then launch the CMBN_Setup.exe file to start the installation."

Mightily strange procedure for a little hotfix pach I must say, he he.

Please read the instructions on the download page: if you don't have the Vehicle Pack, you have to download ALL of the files, and run the CMBN_Setup.exe installer. This will do everything for you. If you already have the pack and want to reduce the download size, then you can deselect the brz files you already have. But in either case, you MUST download the CMBN_Setup.exe files (including the .bin files).

Yes I do have VP installed and activated already.

So just to make sure, in order for me to patch the game to 3.11 version I need to download the following files:

CMBN_Setup.exe

CMBN_Setup-1a.bin

CMBN_Setup-1b.bin

CMBN_Setup-1c.bin

CMBN_Setup-1d.bin

CMBN_Setup-1e.bin

normandy v311.brz

Correct?

That still nets me almost half Gb of data needed to be transferred. I already see ho how people will get irritated by this.

Why such a decision and not just a simple inclusion of 3.11 .exe patch intallation file?

If you already have the pack and want to reduce the download size, then you can deselect the brz files you already have. But in either case, you MUST download the CMBN_Setup.exe files (including the .bin files).

If you want to reduce the download size, you can skip the brz files you already have and simply deselect them. But you MUST run the Setup.exe.

Should I also download below files or not? Asking 'cos you made a bit contradicting statements in my and Fuser's thread (read my quotes above).

CMBN_Setup-1a.bin

CMBN_Setup-1b.bin

CMBN_Setup-1c.bin

CMBN_Setup-1d.bin

CMBN_Setup-1e.bin

Yes I do have VP installed and activated already.

So just to make sure, in order for me to patch the game to 3.11 version I need to download the following files:

CMBN_Setup.exe

CMBN_Setup-1a.bin

CMBN_Setup-1b.bin

CMBN_Setup-1c.bin

CMBN_Setup-1d.bin

CMBN_Setup-1e.bin

normandy v311.brz

Correct?

That still nets me almost half Gb of data needed to be transferred. I already see ho how people will get irritated by this.

Why such a decision and not just a simple inclusion of 3.11 .exe patch intallation file?

The reason is that there is more going on here than the game patch. Your installation is updated to use a new system, which does not use Module.exe files any more. You also get a complete installation of the game including all game files (eventually).

This isn't the right place for more details, however, as it will confuse you even more. Please follow the installation and download instructions from the download page and you'll be golden.

Should I also download below files or not? Asking 'cos you made a bit contradicting statements in my and Fuser's thread (read my quotes above).

CMBN_Setup-1a.bin

CMBN_Setup-1b.bin

CMBN_Setup-1c.bin

CMBN_Setup-1d.bin

CMBN_Setup-1e.bin

Yes, you need all of the CMBN_Setup files. CMBN_Setup.exe launches all of these in succession.

Edit: darn, missed the part that said: "Please make sure to download all preselected files. They will download as a zip file. Extract the zip file into a location of your choice, then launch the CMBN_Setup.exe file to start the installation."

Mightily strange procedure for a little hotfix pach I must say, he he.

Get used to it, all patches (and full version installs, too) will be like this. This is part of the all-in-one installers we're switching to. This has many advantages, which I'll describe in a lot of detail in the near future when we update all of the existing product bundles. Users who purchased the Vehicle Pack as a mail option already saw a glance of it, because they have the entire game package on one disc already. Download customers who purchased 3.0 and the Pack will get the same benefit (soon).

It may be a little confusing now, but down the road, it will make reinstallations, upgrades, and all that MUCH easier.

At the risk of asking a question to which I don't understand the answer, why is the "many/big download files" NOT (?) an issue for Macs?

I already have the VP: on downloading - though not yet trying to use - the Mac version, I've got ("only") a 36.5 MB zip file, which (still zipped) looks like all previous patches and game modules, etc?

At the risk of asking a question to which I don't understand the answer, why is the "many/big download files" NOT (?) an issue for Macs?

I already have the VP: on downloading - though not yet trying to use - the Mac version of the 3.11 patch, I've got ("only") a 36.5 MB zip file, which (still zipped) looks like all previous patches and game modules, etc?

Can no longer edit (?) the original post, so just for clarity the above amended version (bold) is what I should have said ...!

It is a rather convoluted process, but get used to it because Moon said this will be the way to do patches until the new system is fully implemented.

Just be careful, try to follow the instructions, and keep all of your activation keys in a handy safe place.

For ONCE, I am very glad I have waited. I would like to provide more income to BF but I still have not bought 3.0 or the pack because all I keep seeing is threads like this.

I sure hope they get this new system completed and that it is more user friendly than what it presently seems to be because it is somewhat of a joke as to its present state.

Not that I could not deal with it, I just not motivated enough to do it and presently all my h2h matches are in CMRT.