Crazy prediction time

Ok I have convinced myself that v3.0 upgrade is going to be released tomorrow, so I thought I should share my totally unsubstaticated claim as the forum is so quite at the moment.

And just for the record - CMRT patch out in 2 weeks time and CMBS slightly delayed to the first week of October :D

I expect that the CMRT patch will come before the v3 upgrade for CMBN or CMFT. The patch will set the new engine standard, and then the upgrade will bring the other games up to there.

(n.b. I have no insider knowledge. This just makes development sense to me.)

I expect that the CMRT patch will come before the v3 upgrade for CMBN or CMFT. The patch will set the new engine standard, and then the upgrade will bring the other games up to there.

(n.b. I have no insider knowledge. This just makes development sense to me.)

According to Chris on one of his recent Saturday TwitchTV broadcasts it will be CMBN/CMFI 3.0 upgrade first, then the CMRT patch.

Don't the schools and colleges have a long holiday in the summer that demands families take their "main vacation" during that time if they haven't taken it over the (shorter) Easter or Xmas breaks?

Demands might be too strong - encourages for sure. I guess if you have little kids it is closer to demands. It is definitely the case that holidays are largely taken during the summer here. I notice it in my commute; traffic times are better during the summer and then come September I really notice traffic slow down.

Demands might be too strong - encourages for sure. I guess if you have little kids it is closer to demands. It is definitely the case that holidays are largely taken during the summer here. I notice it in my commute; traffic times are better during the summer and then come September I really notice traffic slow down.

It's been a bit of a political hot potato here in the UK. Recent governmental policy changes have reduced or removed the head teachers' discretion as to whether to allow parents to take their children out of school during term time, and there has been a large increase in the number of fines handed out. Some parents are just sucking up the fine as part of the cost of the holiday and finding that it's still cheaper than having gone during the "peak times" when the travel agents and holiday companies ramp their prices up because most people with families "have" to take their holidays then.

Of course, it's not always so strict if you're not looking after school-age kids, but even then, there are still industries which have "summer shutdowns" with mandatory leave during that time, which doesn't leave many "discretionary" holiday days for a fortnight in Marbella...

Message on today's twitch... is very very soon for CMBN V3.

This information was included.

UPGRADE 3.0 FEATURES

Gameplay

Ground units are now able to fire at attacking aircraft

Ammo Dumps allow platoons to have reserve ammo stored separately on map (automatically distributed for certain Skill Levels)

WeGo TCP/IP with the ability to save but not the ability to replay combat action

Spotters restricted to directing only one Mission at a time. Assets can now be group fired.

More realistic/varied RoF of automatic weapons.

Improved load time for scenarios, especially larger ones with complex terrain

User Interface

Three different sets of camera controls; Standard (traditional), First Person Shooter, and Real Time Strategy

Optional graphical Command and Control link tracing

KIAs are shown in the Soldier/Crew Panels to track soldiers lost during the game

Option to disable music separate from other game sounds

Editor

Ability to create AI Triggers that execute actions based on other units or interaction with Objectives (existing battles do not have this, but it can be added by authors if they wish)

Maximum map size increased

Improved responsiveness of 2D editing, especially for large maps

Improved load time for 3D Preview, especially large maps

Customized "Mod Tags" for most graphics. This allows for multiple mods for the same item without the need to move items in/out of Data folder

Ability to specify specific mods be used for a specific Scenario. If CM fails to find the specified mod it will use the default

Graphics

Hit impacts to vehicles and bunkers now shown graphically ("hit decals")

Water animates for fording units

Improved shaders