Any interest for vehicle mods?

No , please, mod them yourself, enjoy the process of doing and sharing, I will do My version, time permitting.

I was merely trying to coordinate our efforts in an attemp to avoid double work by both of us making the same vehicle mods.

You see, I think you and I mod vehicles in much same way. So much so that I´d understand it if someone were to call me an "Aris copycat" (well, I´m not: I made these kinds of mods for CMBB, long before I´d even heard of an Aris).

The main difference is that you´re much better at it than I. I mainly mod vehicles beause I wan´t my game to look right, whereas I suspect that you to a much higher degree enjoy making your mods.

The "problem" in my opinion is this: A couple of times I have uploaded my own vehicle mod, only to experience that you have then uploaded your own version of the same vehicle a few days later. And since your version is better than mine, nobody would want to use mine - not even me. Consequently, I of course feel I´ve been wasting my time and energy.

At the same time I know that you sometimes have stated that there are certain vehicles you´re reluctant to make. So I thought I´d offer to make those, to avoid any future collisions.

If you don´t want to coordinate, so be it. I´ll just use my CM time on making scenarios or playing the game instead.

Cheers

Umlaut, I think I could tell you which vehicles I plan to do in the future in order to avoid to coordinate us better in the future. I will expend quite a lot fo time modding the T-34s and StuGs. I don´t see myself modding the KingTiger, SDKfz 23X,...and some others, ...

Great to see you back Aris!

Although I was kinda hoping we didn't have a mod explosion for CMRT as I think BF has done a good job with the out of the box models (and it's gotten really time-consuming keeping up with mods when they don't work in new game versions). :(

Anyone have a list of which CMBN or CMFI modes work in CMRT as is, or will they need renaming, or...?

Anyone have a list of which CMBN or CMFI modes work in CMRT as is, or will they need renaming, or...?

See back on page two in this thread.

All of Fuser's CMBN German vehicle mods can be dropped right into your CMRT mods folder. At least one vehicle requires renaming, and of course some CMRT vehicles were never in CMBN in the first place.

The problem is Aris, that your mods raise the quality bar, so now the uniforms that looked so good before now look like c%$p. I mean those crisp lovely uniforms would get dirty just touching that machine! A couple of kilometers later they'd look like coal miners.

So, now someone has to mod the uniforms and the cycle of mod slut hell starts again. <sigh>

The problem is Aris, that your mods raise the quality bar, so now the uniforms that looked so good before now look like c%$p. I mean those crisp lovely uniforms would get dirty just touching that machine! A couple of kilometers later they'd look like coal miners.

So, now someone has to mod the uniforms and the cycle of mod slut hell starts again. <sigh>

Yes, that's why i don't put mods in my game...:eek:

I think it looses the "cohesion" of the game art, unless all is moded which is unrealistic...

Indeed seeing the stock texture mixed with some mods made me going sad not to have found (if it exist) the corresponding mod for that tank...

what a pity when i see some screenshots, i knew i miss something but, unless one day there is the birth of one pack of mods like we see in some other games (Silent hunter / arma etc...) i think i will stay mod free.

Why so?

What Erwin is saying is true, but I also like the variety: one tank can be worn out while another is almost as new.

Some grunts are wearing drags while some others have just received their new uniforms... I try to find excuses not to being trapped in OCS (Obsessive Compulsive Syndrome)... ;)

What we also miss here is the sublime JuJu to build us a great interface: I'm sure he's lurking in the dark waiting for a definitive version of the game to start tweaking all those little-big layers and alpha channels.

The PSW 233 from CMFI works when dropped into CMRT.

I think a SPW 211/10 (ausf C) is in CMRT and not in CMBN, so that's wanted.

For the following, my CMBN mods do the "alt" but not the "neu," so those need to be done also:

SPW 250/1 neu

SPW 250/9 neu

SPW 250/10 neu

I already love seeing Fuser's vehicles in the new game!

I have a correction to this post from page 2. It seems that I had never actually downloaded Fuser's (Aris') "Neu" halftrack mods for CMMG. Now that I have them, I can confirm that they will also drop perfectly into CMRT with no modification.