Are downloads generally extremely slow and unreliable here?

This is not related to Red Thunder, but more of a general question about Battlefront. But this is the active forum, and I thought I would try. Apologies if this bothers anyone.

I am trying download my first Battlefront game, CMBN full bundle. It is EXTREMELY slow, right now I'm getting 166kb/sec. I tried downloading the full file, and it got to 8% and hung and went no further. Now, I am trying to download the separate files one at a time. I am still on the first one, and it is slow as molasses.

Is this normal for Battlefront? I tried all the download managers they recommended on the download page, but nothing worked. They either did not exist when I clicked on the link, or they wanted you to purchase the full version in order to download HTTPS from Battlefront's site.

I am VERY frustrated that I cannot get my games downloaded. I submitted a ticket to the helpdesk, but I thought I would ask here in case you all had any suggestions. It appears that the fans are much more responsive than the developers.

Thank you!

This is true. I don't have a slow connection to other sites right now, but BFC is agonizingly slow. At least it is moving along when I try to download the single files instead of the whole bundle zip. At this rate, it will take 24 hours to download all five files of the bundle. Ay de mi!!!

I had a problem a while ago with CMFI. It would download 30-40 megs in seconds and then dropped to dial-up speed. Not sure if the problem was at my end or Battlefronts - there's usually no issue with downloads. A few hours later CMFI downloaded in minutes with zero problems.

When I downloaded MG (just under 1 GB) last month, it took about 20-30 minutes as a standard download under Firefox. Not bad at all.

However, I had file corruption problems when trying to use Firefox's Download Them All download manager. I've never had that happen with any other file.

Also, CM files are literally the ONLY files that have been quarantined by Norton IS on my system in like, nearly a decade. If you use NIS, be aware that it likes to quarantine CM! But if it does, just tell it to release the file and it should be fine.

Thanks for all the comments! Much appreciated.

I was able to get the larger files overnight, at 175kb/sec. Painfully slow.

Now I am getting the last couple smaller files. I will watch for the Norton silliness. And thank you for the offer, Ratdeath. I will use that if I run into trouble getting the last few files.

Thanks for all the comments! Much appreciated.

I was able to get the larger files overnight, at 175kb/sec. Painfully slow.

Now I am getting the last couple smaller files. I will watch for the Norton silliness. And thank you for the offer, Ratdeath. I will use that if I run into trouble getting the last few files.

Just noticed you are local to me as well...if you plan on getting CMRT let me know and maybe we can play some H2H if you do that stuff. Same time zone and all always helps. :)

FroBodine,

There have been Internet issues generally. Last night, mine practically imploded, yet the SpeedTest numbers were stellar. Someone in computers since bugs were actual moths in relays told me this can result when there aren't enough servers for the load. The SpeedTest always goes, though, through the best available server. I could hardly do anything last night, and it's not good today. The highest number I've seen today on data rate is 5% of DL speed. This is from a little app that runs in my header bar.

In my two major downloads from BFC to date, I've had no DL problems, and I DLed MG on a 3 MB/s down and 1 up Basic Time Warner setup. Wasn't fast, around two hours, but never had an issue. Here's hoping the general Internet problems get sorted out soon.

Regards,

John Kettler

BTW, earlier this evening there was something funny going on with the web. I got several notices that Safari could not locate a server, even when it was the server of a website I had just been viewing only minutes earlier. This only lasted a short while and fortunately did not effect all the sites I was interested in. A smaller version of this phenomenon was also observed by me a day or two ago. I wondered if someone was making an attack on service, and if so were effective defensive measures also being exercised.

Michael